BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#150596 - 04/23/11 10:35 AM Re: Bad video of Jordan [Re: Rocket]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
Originally Posted By: Rocket
Lol, Ok now I see the confusion by knee bend I thought you were talking at setup not slide, he used to have a bigger knee bend when he setup.

Yeah that's cool. I bend mine a little before I start and then I go from 6ft to about 4ftish and stay there. It feels a little weird at first but it helps with getting low, getting the ball into the lane and accuracy.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#150599 - 04/23/11 11:10 AM Re: Bad video of Jordan [Re: Rocket]
spr3wr Offline
USBC Bronze Level Coach

A/S/L: 54/m/MICHIGAN
I wish I was this good at his age.

1) In his setup move the ball left so the ball is inline with his head and his right foot. Ideally you don't want to see any of the ball from behind during the setup and pushaway.

http://s943.photobucket.com/albums/ad272...ng&newest=1

2)You are leaning forward too early. Wait till the ball is past your right leg ( finish your 2nd step completely ) before you lean forward. Your body angle should be the same here as in your setup.

3)If you fix your balance foot during the release this will help you with your follow through. Your not suppose to lead with your heel during the release you lead with your toes. The yellow line is Jordan's arm.The red line is where you want your arm following thought.

Jordan heel

Doug Kent toe lead
http://s943.photobucket.com/albums/ad272/spr3wr/?action=view&current=kent1.jpg&newest=1
http://s943.photobucket.com/albums/ad272/spr3wr/?action=view&current=kent2.jpg&newest=1

Tommy Jones
http://s943.photobucket.com/albums/ad272/spr3wr/?action=view&current=Head_Ball.jpg&newest=1

Keep up the good work Jordan
High series 810
Current ave. 213

#150601 - 04/23/11 11:15 AM Re: Bad video of Jordan [Re: spr3wr]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/Ohio
Wow, thanks Sprw! I am heading out now but will down load those pics when I get back so I can print and show them to his coach as well I appreciate it.

Edited by Rocket (04/23/11 11:17 AM)
Mutant Cell

#150603 - 04/23/11 11:23 AM Re: Bad video of Jordan [Re: Rocket]
spr3wr Offline
USBC Bronze Level Coach

A/S/L: 54/m/MICHIGAN
Rocket you lead with your heal also this is something you both can work on.

High series 810
Current ave. 213

#150618 - 04/23/11 06:35 PM Re: Bad video of Jordan [Re: spr3wr]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

Yeah Lol you could probably spend all day on things I do wrong, my scores and average have improved quite a bit but I describe myself as an accurate hack.

But I am still trying and have fun doing it. I will work on that as I am back to working on balance and posting on the line as we speak I will probably spend all summer just on that.
Mutant Cell

#150653 - 04/24/11 11:51 AM Re: Bad video of Jordan [Re: Rocket]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
Originally Posted By: Rocket
Yeah Lol you could probably spend all day on things I do wrong, my scores and average have improved quite a bit but I describe myself as an accurate hack.

Not necessarily a bad thing. WRW Jr. could be considered the same thing and he near has as many pro tour titles and majors as years he's lived. So once again, may not be a bad thing Rocket. LOL nut
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#150732 - 04/25/11 07:48 PM Re: Bad video of Jordan [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

Demo,I would settle for giving Jordan a run for his money more often! Of course his biggest attribute is spare shooting I swear he could bowl blindfolded and pick up spares if someone told him which pin it was.

Humm, maybe a good practice idea! lol
Mutant Cell

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 4 minutes 40 seconds ago
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by Dennis Michael - Today at 01:00 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - Today at 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - Today at 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.