BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#150227 - 04/17/11 01:32 PM Vuvuzelas at a PBA telecast?.... I've seen it all!
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 48/M/Port Townsend, WA
I am currently watching (and recording to DVD like I do every event) the LIVE coverage of the [censored] Weber Playoffs, and I was welcomed to the telecast with a chorus of VUVUZELAS in the audience, making the atmosphere of this event feel more like a 2010 FIFA World Cup football match.

What do YOU think of this, is it either annoying or unique to you?

I kinda dig it myself, it sure as heck beats a dull, quiet crowd like the majority of the events this season have produced.

Next thing you know, they'll probably take a page out of the Tampa Bay Rays fan's playbook and introduce cowbells, as well as (of course) the now-traditional signs that fans are showing in support of their favorite players.
Where the fans come FIRST!!!

www.BIGHMW.com

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#150230 - 04/17/11 02:03 PM Re: Vuvuzelas at a PBA telecast?.... I've seen it all! [Re: BIGHMW]
lebowski120669 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 43/M/Kansas City
livid livid livid livid livid

Ball Speed 17-17.5mph
Revs 360-380

RG Critical Theroy 16 2K
RG Mutant Cell Pearl 16 2K Polished
RG Mars 16 4K Polished
RG Grand Illusion 16 150 Grit
Hammer Big Blue Spare 15
Dexter SST8 White/Black

#150231 - 04/17/11 02:41 PM Re: Vuvuzelas at a PBA telecast?.... I've seen it all! [Re: BIGHMW]
spillup24 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: Philadelphia, PA
I had no problem with them

#150233 - 04/17/11 02:51 PM Re: Vuvuzelas at a PBA telecast?.... I've seen it all! [Re: spillup24]
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

Originally Posted By: spillup24
I had no problem with them

Me neither, at least they (the fans) didn't blow them either during their approach or when they make a bad shot/get a bad break.

Edited by BIGHMW (04/17/11 02:52 PM)

www.BIGHMW.com

#150234 - 04/17/11 02:56 PM Re: Vuvuzelas at a PBA telecast?.... I've seen it all! [Re: lebowski120669]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Originally Posted By: lebowski120669
livid livid livid livid livid

What he said. Some noises are just annoying. I'm glad I didn't watch the World Cup much less soccer in general. I would be walking out in the middle of a shot if I had to be there and put up with that racket, it's not music just noise. I get the feeling either the PBA or ESPN were the driving force behind these annoying "instruments" being there. Sure it's nice to see the crowd get a little worked up, but that's overboard.
HS:763

#150235 - 04/17/11 02:57 PM Re: Vuvuzelas at a PBA telecast?.... I've seen it all! [Re: BIGHMW]
One Pin Standing Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 44/Male/Forsyth Co., GA. USA
Between that, and Rob Stone's repeated reference to Ritchie Allen being a "new dad", this was the most painful televised PBA event I've ever tried to watch. Oh....and what was the deal with the three "girls" in the corner??

In the bag:

811C/T
300C
300A
912T
508A
811ASE

#150240 - 04/17/11 03:27 PM Re: Vuvuzelas at a PBA telecast?.... I've seen it all! [Re: One Pin Standing]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Originally Posted By: One Pin Standing
Between that, and Rob Stone's repeated reference to Ritchie Allen being a "new dad", this was the most painful televised PBA event I've ever tried to watch. Oh....and what was the deal with the three "girls" in the corner??

That new dad reference was really getting old the first telecast for this event. As for the "girls" that would be the [censored] Allenettes? None were his wife but their clothes seemed to match in with him. Maybe Allen has been reading some of Coach Jim's posts on this site about his technique or lack there of and hired some "eye candy" to distract people from watching him?
HS:763

#150244 - 04/17/11 04:02 PM Re: Vuvuzelas at a PBA telecast?.... I've seen it all! [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

Originally Posted By: Calvin Pistorio
Originally Posted By: One Pin Standing

That new dad reference was really getting old the first telecast for this event. As for the "girls" that would be the [censored] Allenettes? None were his wife but their clothes seemed to match in with him. Maybe Allen has been reading some of Coach Jim's posts on this site about his technique or lack there of and hired some "eye candy" to distract people from watching him?

Maybe they were (lol) The [censored] Allenettes, I don't know and I'll bet we never will, but I think that (for an extra boost of P.R.) they should've brought in Cindy Margolis to be one of them. As for [censored] Allen's all-white attire (right down to the very belt he wore with it!), I do happen to have both a white Dragonfly Tribal Skull shirt (as worn by future PBA HOF Danny Wiseman during the 2009 USBC Masters show) and a white Dragonfly Tribal Dragon pattern shirt and I put them along with my white pair of Dockers Khakis and really, I never thought of it to be (as Randy Pedersen said during the show) either the Naval sailor or the more-gentlemenly Wimbledon look. He looked great in it

www.BIGHMW.com

#150247 - 04/17/11 06:02 PM Re: Vuvuzelas at a PBA telecast?.... I've seen it all! [Re: BIGHMW]
B-Hammer Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 30/M/Bellingham WA
Not a fan of the horns, I watch everything really loud on the surround sound and had to turn down the stereo.

The three girls were weird, they looked like plants, if the PBA did it would have been better to dress them in undersized jerseys or something.

Not a fan of Allen or the way he acts. I suppose a little villainy is good for the pba, him, Schafer, and Belmonte can be the bad guys.

#150249 - 04/17/11 06:32 PM Re: Vuvuzelas at a PBA telecast?.... I've seen it all! [Re: BIGHMW]
Richie V. Offline
Virtual League Secretary,
Virtual League Champion x4

A/S/L: 52/M/Brockton, MA
One of the women I recognized as "Jackie Bowling," who had been posting photos and the like from the events on Facebook all season. She also did the "Powerhouse Report" on Xtra Frame.

Edited by Richie V. (04/17/11 06:33 PM)
IQ Tour Fusion
Reign of Fire
Tropical Breeze
Fast
T-Zone

Career Highs
Avg.: 197 (Summer 2008)
Book: 186
Series: 707
Game: 288

Current
Brunswick Mixed - Avg: 168 HS: 615 HG: 255
Composite avg. (w/ Sun. night sub): 170

The Tenth Board: My bowling blog
Richie's BowlSK profile

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Plastic or Urethane?
by LindaDelcamp - 11/12/19 03:19 PM
Good morning everyone...
by Mkirchie - 11/10/19 09:52 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.