BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#150302 - 04/18/11 02:36 PM Re: Vuvuzelas at a PBA telecast?.... I've seen it all! [Re: BIGHMW]
VFF57 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 50's/M/NJ
Face painting would be better.
-------------------------
Motiv: Raptor P7
MoRich: Aggressive Motion
Storm: VG,Crossroad,NP
Hammer: Spike,Psycho,Raw Anger,
Cherry Vibe,Taboo Plastic/Spare,
Black Hammer
Columbia: White Dot

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#150305 - 04/18/11 03:22 PM Re: Vuvuzelas at a PBA telecast?.... I've seen it all! [Re: spillup24]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
I didn't see a kid with one, I saw some fat dude with his face turning purple blowing into it and I shut it off, why should I have to agree with placating to rubes? Why not bring super soakers next time have a squirt gun battle in the crowd, that would be great.

They didn't even like having the vuvuzelas at soccer games by the end of the world cup they were confiscating them from people at the gate, why do you think that is?

#150309 - 04/18/11 04:14 PM Re: Vuvuzelas at a PBA telecast?.... I've seen it all! [Re: BIGHMW]
B-Hammer Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 30/M/Bellingham WA
Spillup when people are turning the channel because they are annoyed by the horns or not going to events because they don't want a horn blown in their ears then it is a big deal.

Do you think the horns generated any new fans? Do you think anyone said "oh can't wait until next year when they'll have horns!".

Seems like this broadcasts intended audience was a frat house with the horns, cross dressers, and strategically placed eye candy. That seems like the wrong demographic for RV's, Hardwood Floors, Asprin, and Shaving Creme, good luck holding on to those sponsors next year.

#150312 - 04/18/11 04:50 PM Re: Vuvuzelas at a PBA telecast?.... I've seen it all! [Re: BIGHMW]
spillup24 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: Philadelphia, PA
I never said that the horns would draw new fans. All I said is that it is not a big deal. So a couple of people blew horns....It was not that terrible. They were trying to induce a little fun for the last event

By the way, plenty of kids had them including Chris Barnes kid. They show him blowing it.

You people are acting like this killed the PBA...Well guess what? The PBA is pretty much dead anyway. the vuvuzelas did not hurt it nor help it any.

It was the first time it has EVER HAPPENED. Also, during the soccer matches their were 70,000+ blowing them NONSTOP. The PBA event had a few kids blow them after a strike. Totally different situation and some of you guys are WAY overboard on this.

#150339 - 04/18/11 09:45 PM Re: Vuvuzelas at a PBA telecast?.... I've seen it all! [Re: BIGHMW]
tbill Offline
Touring Pro Contender

A/S/L: 42/m/ny
well, maybe the 3 floosies on the corner thought the plastic velvetas[ or whatever they are called, lol] would make the crowd hor ny for bowling nelson

i dunno, thought the cheap tramps were not needed for the telecast, the horns were annoying and out of place, and i really don't think bowling will ever gain respect because most people don't realise how frikken hard it is. plus, as i said in chat sunday, all allen was missing was a bottle of beer in his hand to compliment his general demeanor during the whole thing.

'we' the bowling 'geeks' are like the Marines, the few, the proud, the bowlers that actually get it [ no matter what our averages are, we get it].

any-who, that's my take on it.....

working on all of them......

track 930T [15]

member of the mooseknuckles winter vl team

#150342 - 04/18/11 09:57 PM Re: Vuvuzelas at a PBA telecast?.... I've seen it all! [Re: BIGHMW]
B-Hammer Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 30/M/Bellingham WA
The horns were terrible, of course they don't kill the PBA by themselves, they are just a symbol that the PBA doesn't know it's audience or how to cater to them. Look at the comments in this thread the best response to them was "not a big deal" at worse it's "nails on a chalk board".

The biggest problem with the show was the bowlers on it. If you have the "name" bowlers on it, and everyone is scoring well with it coming down to the final shots then the horns are ignored, but coupled with the horrible quality of bowling and it was a terrible show.

#150348 - 04/19/11 03:54 AM Re: Vuvuzelas at a PBA telecast?.... I've seen it all! [Re: BIGHMW]
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 45 m
I can remember those annoying things being constantly blown at 2010 World Cup in Sth Africa... I hated them!!! Painful, annoying and really lame... The single most frustrating thing at the WC, aside from Aussies getting pimped 4-0 to Germany... Oh well, we got our revenge in a friendly a month ago winning 2-1..

Have to check out the 3 flousies for a laugh, that reminds me of the final game in the movie Kingpin, between Ernie McCracken and Roy Munson, those girls sitting at the front.. Very tacky..

#150398 - 04/20/11 08:22 AM Re: Vuvuzelas at a PBA telecast?.... I've seen it all! [Re: tbill]
VFF57 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 50's/M/NJ
Quote:
well, maybe the 3 floosies on the corner thought the plastic velvetas[ or whatever they are called, lol] would make the crowd hor ny for bowling

They were the cheerleaders. I thought one of them was actually pretty hot. Like I said in my other post they might as well have the spectators paint their faces like some of the other sporting events...lol

The bottom line is bowling is bowling and only people who are bowlers will be interested in watching the events. The gimmicks EPSN is trying to incorporate are not going to entice other types of audiences. They don't get it ...bowlers watch the events to learn more by watching the pros. The gimmicks are only a distraction and will only have a negative effect - making true bowlers stop watching the events.

Edited by VFF57 (04/20/11 08:23 AM)
-------------------------
Motiv: Raptor P7
MoRich: Aggressive Motion
Storm: VG,Crossroad,NP
Hammer: Spike,Psycho,Raw Anger,
Cherry Vibe,Taboo Plastic/Spare,
Black Hammer
Columbia: White Dot

#150557 - 04/22/11 03:37 PM Re: Vuvuzelas at a PBA telecast?.... I've seen it all! [Re: BIGHMW]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
The horns were at The World Cup because they have something to do with the culture down there. Not here. To me, they were annoying. I knew who won but I still watched (with the volume all the way down). Wasn't a fan of them.

#150674 - 04/24/11 08:47 PM Re: Vuvuzelas at a PBA telecast?.... I've seen it all! [Re: BIGHMW]
kwik8 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/m/Md
will be interesting to see what adjustments they make for next year

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.