BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#149875 - 04/11/11 03:27 PM Re: Tell me if I was wrong in this??? [Re: Atochabsh]
Domokun Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: male/DC Metro
Originally Posted By: Atochabsh

The rule that you have to wait for the first frame of the anchor bowler before starting has apparently been taken out of USBC rules. So you were not breaking any rules until you delibartly started delaying game. And you were not adhering to any current rule either.

Erin

Good to know, Erin. Thanks for that update as I've been under this rule for quite some time and have bowled with many others that understood this to be the case for quite some time.

Ain't gonna change the way I do it as like some others, I'm the lead as well. I don't dally, but I refuse to jump my anchor's first ball. Many times with bowling a shorted team, my anchor and I approach the return at the same time, but of course, I take my ball to wipes/tape and step way back. Second he releases I'm on the approach.

Yet to ever hear any other team complain, but I've got no issue 'splaining the situation.

Thanks for the rule update, though. I'd never have looked to see if it was gone.

Ebonite: Challenge, Exceed, Innovate
Storm/RG: Cell Pearl, Tropical Breeze

"Only NBC or CBS for me. New Ball Carry or Clean Ball Strikes. Channel 4 and 14 or nothing." -- D. Ryan

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#149883 - 04/11/11 05:03 PM Re: Tell me if I was wrong in this??? [Re: Domokun]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Originally Posted By: Domokun

The rule that you have to wait for the first frame of the anchor bowler before starting has apparently been taken out of USBC rules. So you were not breaking any rules until you delibartly started delaying game. And you were not adhering to any current rule either.

Erin

Good to know, Erin. Thanks for that update as I've been under this rule for quite some time and have bowled with many others that understood this to be the case for quite some time.

Ain't gonna change the way I do it as like some others, I'm the lead as well. I don't dally, but I refuse to jump my anchor's first ball. Many times with bowling a shorted team, my anchor and I approach the return at the same time, but of course, I take my ball to wipes/tape and step way back. Second he releases I'm on the approach.

Yet to ever hear any other team complain, but I've got no issue 'splaining the situation.

Thanks for the rule update, though. I'd never have looked to see if it was gone.

That rule has been long gone. I'm thinking it was at least 5 years ago, maybe more. It might have even been when all the bodies merged into USBC. I know I've never seen it in the rule book when I actually started reading it after issues in one particular league.
HS:763

#149914 - 04/12/11 12:24 AM Re: Tell me if I was wrong in this??? [Re: slaterracing]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
Quote:
Ain't gonna change the way I do it as like some others, I'm the lead as well. I don't dally, but I refuse to jump my anchor's first ball. Many times with bowling a shorted team, my anchor and I approach the return at the same time,

Why? I just don't understand the big deal in waiting. Why are you waiting? If you just bowl it goes smoothly. Only the first frame is off kilter. The two teams are still bowling one after the other on two lanes. It goes much smoother if you just bowl and don't wait at all. Just bowl when your name is up on the score board. If we are talking 5 man teams and two are absent that's still at a pace of 4 man teams which isn't all that fast. So its not like anyone should feel exhausted from a 4 man bowling pace. Sometimes 3 man teams go a bit fast but it would take 4 people being absent on the 5 man teams to go that fast.

Erin

#149943 - 04/12/11 12:12 PM Re: Tell me if I was wrong in this??? [Re: slaterracing]
mmalsed Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 43/M/Riverside, CA
Well, I'd ask the reverse question - why NOT wait? It's not like there's a fire or anything.

Is there some reason why people need to get out of there early?

My team throws a lot of strikes compared to some of the other teams which don't. This means that we throw a bit over half the balls that the other team does - and we OFTEN end up with back-to-back bowling, which is stupid.

On the other hand, when I do my normal and wait for my anchor or their lead, it keeps this from happening and we end up with a more enjoyable pace and nobody's rushed.

I just don't understand the big deal in rushing.

16# IQ Tour Pearl/16# Crux/16# Marvel S/15#White Dot

"Gotta kick at the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight"

#149954 - 04/12/11 02:29 PM Re: Tell me if I was wrong in this??? [Re: mmalsed]
TominNJ Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 59 M EHT NJ
Originally Posted By: mmalsed
Well, I'd ask the reverse question - why NOT wait? It's not like there's a fire or anything.

Is there some reason why people need to get out of there early?

<snip>

It would drive me crazy to sit there and wait when the arrow is pointing at my name. If it's my turn I want to bowl. It doesn't have anything to do with rushing. I just want to get up there and knock some pins down.

#149977 - 04/12/11 11:31 PM Re: Tell me if I was wrong in this??? [Re: slaterracing]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
Its not a matter of rushing. I just like to bowl and develope a rhythm that doesn't include too much standing around. That includes between games.

Erin

#149990 - 04/13/11 07:00 AM Re: Tell me if I was wrong in this??? [Re: mmalsed]
Handful Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 32/male/St Pete, FL/ usa

I'll start off with saying I have never complained about bowlers going too fast or too slow, I really don't care. But a few yrs ago I was working the early bird shift (had to be up by 5am) so having to be at the lanes until 10pm because someone didn't want to jump the anchor could have been irritating. Fortunatly it never was a problem. Just something to think about.
Slingshot

#149996 - 04/13/11 09:33 AM Re: Tell me if I was wrong in this??? [Re: Atochabsh]
Domokun Offline
Virtual League Champion

Why? I just don't understand the big deal in waiting. Why are you waiting? If you just bowl it goes smoothly. Only the first frame is off kilter. The two teams are still bowling one after the other on two lanes. It goes much smoother if you just bowl and don't wait at all. Just bowl when your name is up on the score board. If we are talking 5 man teams and two are absent that's still at a pace of 4 man teams which isn't all that fast. So its not like anyone should feel exhausted from a 4 man bowling pace. Sometimes 3 man teams go a bit fast but it would take 4 people being absent on the 5 man teams to go that fast.

Erin

Because I don't like rushing myself or my team.

And I've yet to have it work out as nicely as you've put it, Erin. I've subbed on many teams this year that don't wait for their anchor, and honestly, I don't like that pace--the way my lead on one team jumped had us finishing and starting on the next lane immediately after throwing, and then we had to wait on the other team who actually were going at a slower pace.

Hurry up and wait? The only way this helps me out is if I need to hit the head.

Just the same, I prefer to pace off my anchor's first ball.

"Only NBC or CBS for me. New Ball Carry or Clean Ball Strikes. Channel 4 and 14 or nothing." -- D. Ryan

#149998 - 04/13/11 09:36 AM Re: Tell me if I was wrong in this??? [Re: mmalsed]
Domokun Offline
Virtual League Champion

My team throws a lot of strikes compared to some of the other teams which don't. This means that we throw a bit over half the balls that the other team does - and we OFTEN end up with back-to-back bowling, which is stupid.

On the other hand, when I do my normal and wait for my anchor or their lead, it keeps this from happening and we end up with a more enjoyable pace and nobody's rushed.

I just don't understand the big deal in rushing.

What he said.

See, I shouldn't have rushed to type out a response to Erin when mmalsed already did. wink

#149999 - 04/13/11 10:34 AM Re: Tell me if I was wrong in this??? [Re: slaterracing]
VFF57 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 50's/M/NJ
I will also yield within reason to the fidgety, anxious bowler at the ball return who's on the opposing team or adjacent lanes. In that situation, I'll grab my ball step back and start wiping it giving them the go ahead. They like to rush up grab their ball race down the approach and then slap the ball return on the way back because they missed their mark. I don't like to be rushed because I need a few seconds to do my pre-shot routine, get a good ball fit and focus on my target. Any lane adjustments I need to do are thought out while I'm waiting for my turn, but I do need a little setup time.
-------------------------
Motiv: Raptor P7
MoRich: Aggressive Motion
Storm: VG,Crossroad,NP
Hammer: Spike,Psycho,Raw Anger,
Cherry Vibe,Taboo Plastic/Spare,
Black Hammer
Columbia: White Dot

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Storm Hy-Road Surface
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 10:42 AM
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Mkirchie - 10/21/18 07:57 AM
Mo Pinel "Striking Effectively In Today's Game"
by BOSStull - 10/14/18 06:16 AM
Buying new house shoes.
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:58 AM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.