BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#149915 - 04/12/11 01:18 AM Re: Two handed bowling after one year [Re: d_j_s]
d_j_s Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: M/Göteborg
Kwik, thanks for the kind words. Demolition Man, your perception of how I can improve amazes me, and I will tell you why. I cannot believe how right you are. When I asked Osku how I could improve, he said, "Try to slide a bit more, and also, get down on your shot, you are bending at the upper body to much."
House Average: 224
Sport Average: 206
Tour Average: 195

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#149917 - 04/12/11 01:45 AM Re: Two handed bowling after one year [Re: d_j_s]
aoiten Offline
Legend

A/S/L: amerika ni sunde iru
Originally Posted By: d_j_s
When I asked Osku how I could improve, he said, "Try to slide a bit more, and also, get down on your shot, you are bending at the upper body to much."

When did you talk with Osku?!

I can feel a positive difference when I bend my knee more and slide UP TO a solid position before delivering the ball. The heel is just as important as the sole. If you have slide, you need brake.

Osku seems to slide less than Belmo. Osku seems to use a red S2 Etonic sole while Belmo seems to use a white Dexter S6 sole. I've seen Belmo with a round H2 heel and either a H1 or H5 heel at other times.

My current combos are Brunswick(Dexter) S6 and H2. Sometimes I switch to an S4.

I think it's Chris Barnes who cuts up different soles and heels and uses them in custom combinations.

#149927 - 04/12/11 09:04 AM Re: Two handed bowling after one year [Re: d_j_s]
d_j_s Offline
Junior Master

I've seen Osku at practice and some local tournaments. I talked to him and Chris Barnes when they came and gave a clinic at a local center. Osku lives in Sweden, so I see him a lot.

#149931 - 04/12/11 09:54 AM Re: Two handed bowling after one year [Re: d_j_s]
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 45 m
Just read your post... You are hopping around more than a kangaroo mate (I'm an Aussie).. Terrible balance, sorry..Although u did mention about some other bowler effecting your delivery, so fair enough.

But, in saying that, you are obviously very consistant with that to ave 200 sport, so my hats off to u..Respect mate...
I'm a humble house hack myself, into my third year of 2 handed, trying a few things out this year, up and down, I guess what I am trying to say that if u can repeat your shot from frame to frame then go with it.. If u handle house and sport shots well, and if u are improving (which u obviously are after only 1 yr), then go for it...

Its all about consistancy..

#149939 - 04/12/11 11:24 AM Re: Two handed bowling after one year [Re: d_j_s]
aoiten Offline
Legend

I've seen Osku at practice and some local tournaments. I talked to him and Chris Barnes when they came and gave a clinic at a local center. Osku lives in Sweden, so I see him a lot.

Ah, nice. Is the bowling better for Osku in Sweden than Finland?

#149940 - 04/12/11 11:26 AM Re: Two handed bowling after one year [Re: d_j_s]
d_j_s Offline
Junior Master

I think that it is the leagues in Sweden. Jason Belmonte, back when he lived here, said that he really enjoyed the leagues. I bowl in the same league as Osku (just not the same division, he and Martin Larsen and the Pergamon A-team are pretty much in their own division) and I have to say that compared to U.S. leagues it is a lot more fun.

#149942 - 04/12/11 11:43 AM Re: Two handed bowling after one year [Re: d_j_s]
aoiten Offline
Legend

I think that it is the leagues in Sweden. Jason Belmonte, back when he lived here, said that he really enjoyed the leagues. I bowl in the same league as Osku (just not the same division, he and Martin Larsen and the Pergamon A-team are pretty much in their own division) and I have to say that compared to U.S. leagues it is a lot more fun.

Sounds like more fun, especially with Belmo and Osku there.

I haven't been in a "real" league yet. Only one summer league and one 16-week lousy bowlers' league. The summer league was fun except our anchor who came from a competitive league. The other league I did with my son who out averaged me by 5 pins, so that was fun.

#150016 - 04/13/11 07:31 PM Re: Two handed bowling after one year [Re: d_j_s]
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

Hey Aoiten, I'm surprised to hear that, as u are dead keen on bowling... It is another good experience, especially the longer leagues (well we have 40 week leagues here) and slower leagues.. I prefer shorter leagues myself, but my centre doesn't seem to like it, It's AMF say no more grrr...

I have one particular goal, and that is in my Mon league to stay focused all night. It's a relaxed friendly fun league, but I never bowl to my ability here. It's also quite slow at times, which never helps me.. I have thought about leaving it, but not before I overcome this mental problem, and begin bowling well consistantly in that league... Use your time whether in practise or in a league as a learning tool. Try and get something from your leagues..

#150020 - 04/13/11 08:14 PM Re: Two handed bowling after one year [Re: looseleftie]
aoiten Offline
Legend

Originally Posted By: looseleftie
Hey Aoiten, I'm surprised to hear that, as u are dead keen on bowling...

I'm still a mess. Getting better, but a mess. I subbed in a league and shot below average. Then I subbed a second time and averaged even lower! And I mean LOW. I don't think I'd sub again in the unlikely event that I'm even invited back. heh By autumn I'll be in a different part of the country with better skills (I hope) and maybe ready for a season-long league. But lately I've been thinking of doing some swimming!

#150046 - 04/14/11 04:12 AM Re: Two handed bowling after one year [Re: d_j_s]
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

Don't get too down on yourself, I have had a pretty lean time over last 4 months, I am just starting to get my game back.

Get back on that horse mate!!! You'll be right.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 4 seconds ago
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.