BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#132452 - 07/30/10 01:37 PM virtual gravity polished vs virtual energy
revsalot Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 18/male/broken arrow/ok
hi I just got a virtual gravity and am thinking of getting a virtual energy. should i just polish my gravity or get the energy?

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#136526 - 10/01/10 08:54 AM Re: virtual gravity polished vs virtual energy [Re: revsalot]
The 5 board Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 18/m/Australia
If you have the money, just get the Virtual Energy. You never know what could happen, what if you polish up your gravity and you come across a lane condition where you need the other surface? (...I hope that makes sense...) smile

Gear:
Track Spare
Hammer Vibe (Grape)
Columbia 300 Classic U2 (Waiting to be drilled)
Taboo Deep Purple (Waiting to be drilled)
Track 919c

#136545 - 10/01/10 11:23 AM Re: virtual gravity polished vs virtual energy [Re: revsalot]
DocLogic77 Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: m/37/ky
Yeah that's the reason I recent purchased the mission. My c-system with its current drilling doesn't break through the middle oil well. I really have to play the dry boards...standing left foot on 17 aiming for 5. If I want to play the middle with my current swing I will need a little rougher surface and a little earlier read. I say get them both.
Storm Virtual Gravity #15
Columbia Bedlam #15
Storm Natural Pearl #15
--------------------------
Current Average-185
High Game-259 (5/4/11)
High Series-690 (5/4/11)
First Clean Game-1/13/11-204, second 234 (1/17/11)

#136964 - 10/08/10 12:35 PM Re: virtual gravity polished vs virtual energy [Re: revsalot]
Fin09 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 53/M/Virginia Beach, VA
I would either get another Gravity and polish one, or leave the Gravity you have in the OOB condition (4000) and get a VE. I have an Invasion and a VE, and they complement each other pretty well, so I imagine the Virtuals would also fit two slightly different needs. My VE was a little squirty when I got it, but I've tuned the shell a little, and it reacts a little more like I want it to now.

Bowl up a Storm!

#136970 - 10/08/10 04:23 PM Re: virtual gravity polished vs virtual energy [Re: revsalot]
Norm3v Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 34 M NJ US
I agree with everyone else, keep the Virtual Gravity the way it is, or at an even lower grit if need be, but no reason to polish it if it's your only oiler. If you can't afford another ball and you only bowl on medium to medium dry house conditions, then go ahead and polish it. You probably won't get the same reaction that you would get from a VE, but at least the ball won't overhook or burn up on you as much.

Another suggestion is to get a Mutant Cell Pearl or Anarchy which are stronger than the Virtual Energy and both are made by Storm, so they are pretty much Virtual Energy replacements. Both are pearls as well so they might outlast the hybrid Virtual Energy.
- Lucid
- Tropical Heat Pearl (Red/Blue)

High Game: 300 (2)
High Series: 758
Average: 210

#138034 - 10/24/10 10:54 PM Re: virtual gravity polished vs virtual energy [Re: revsalot]
lewtrek Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: Chicago
try polish. My energy and gravity are pretty close in hook. There's just a little more delay with the energy.

#139414 - 11/17/10 03:47 PM Re: virtual gravity polished vs virtual energy [Re: revsalot]
GCON2010 Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 35/M/CT
i own both virtual gravity scuffed, and another one polished. i do so because i bowl in two different houses. one house shot has anywhere from medium to heavy oil and the other has super dry to very light, so i use the polished one for the light oil and the scuffed one for oiler lanes.

#141932 - 12/20/10 06:54 PM Re: virtual gravity polished vs virtual energy [Re: GCON2010]
7pinstandin Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 33/M/Conroe,TX
awesome thread. I have a VG and has been my only "good" i have ever owned. i throw between 15 and 16mph but have low revs. i struggled using this ball. i only bowl at one house, so i dont have much other places to compare it to. a guy i play softball with who is a storm staffer told me to polish it because the rough cover is prolly eating up what energy it has before it gets to the head and i'm not getting much reaction from it. i got it 1500 polished and i have to say not only did i get a lil more reaction out of it, but i was more consistent with it. it may come down to the lanes i bowl on are not as oily as i think they are, i have no idea. but i know doing it worked great for me.

#142654 - 12/30/10 02:07 AM Re: virtual gravity polished vs virtual energy [Re: revsalot]
revsalot Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 18/male/broken arrow/ok
thanks for the advice i got another gravity and polished it i got exctly what i needed thanks again

#149126 - 03/26/11 07:18 AM Re: virtual gravity polished vs virtual energy [Re: revsalot]
terry72183 Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 27/m/michigan
I just polished my VG and now it has the reaction of a plastic ball, it is totally dead! sand her back down....
Lane #1 Buzzsaw THS
Storm Virtual Gravity 15#
Brunswick Smash Zone 15#
Brunswick T Zone 14#

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - Yesterday at 07:42 AM
Plastic or Urethane?
by LindaDelcamp - 11/12/19 03:19 PM
Good morning everyone...
by Mkirchie - 11/10/19 09:52 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.