BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#147579 - 02/27/11 08:31 PM hook ratings
lakredrai Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/vancouver, wa, usa
where can you find hook ratings like they show on the pba matches ? I have looked everywhere an can not find anything.
Columbia Freeze
Columbia White Dot

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#147591 - 02/27/11 09:28 PM Re: hook ratings [Re: lakredrai]
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
I think those ratings are catered to the individual. The most hooking ball Duke had would be ranked a 10. I think they go from there in ratio to the most hooking ball and how the others compare to that ball. For me, my Reign of Fire would be my 10. Rogue Cell would be and 8 or 8.5. X-Factor would be a 7.5 Tropical Storm would be a 5. Natural would be a 3. Spare ball 1.

IQ Tour Fusion
IQ Tour anniversary edition
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

#147598 - 02/27/11 10:54 PM Re: hook ratings [Re: lakredrai]
B-Hammer Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 30/M/Bellingham WA
Yeah, the bowlers on the show supply the information based on how they design their arsenal. There is a lot of interest in those numbers, and the pba might want to consider having their exempt members supply some additional info about their arsenals and what the numbers mean to them personally.

The closest thing to those is the "perfect scale" that bowlingball_com uses. It's just something they make up based on their tests and there are some inconsistencies.

#147601 - 02/27/11 10:59 PM Re: hook ratings [Re: lakredrai]
prov1x_nxt Offline
Junior Coach

A/S/L: 24/m/portsmouth ohio
Originally Posted By: lakredrai
where can you find hook ratings like they show on the pba matches ? I have looked everywhere an can not find anything.

Each manufacturer has their own hook rating. That means Hammer's 10 hook rating ball might hook more or less than brunswicks 10 hook rating. The best thing that has been shown to me is bowlingball.com. they have created what they call a "perfect scale" to where they rate every ball themselves and on the same scale. its what i use and if nothing else it couldnt hurt to check into it wink. good luck my friend.

Hammer Black Widow Sting 16lbs
Hammer Epidemic 16lbs
Storm Tropical Heat Blue/Indigo 16lbs
900 Global The Eagle 16lbs
Hammer Faball 16lbs
AMF Villain 16lbs
Brunswick T-zone 16lbs

#147602 - 02/27/11 11:00 PM Re: hook ratings [Re: B-Hammer]
prov1x_nxt Offline
Junior Coach

A/S/L: 24/m/portsmouth ohio
Originally Posted By: B-Hammer
The closest thing to those is the "perfect scale" that bowlingball_com uses. It's just something they make up based on their tests and there are some inconsistencies.

looks like i was slow on my reply haha. sorry bout that b hammer

Hammer Black Widow Sting 16lbs
Hammer Epidemic 16lbs
Storm Tropical Heat Blue/Indigo 16lbs
900 Global The Eagle 16lbs
Hammer Faball 16lbs
AMF Villain 16lbs
Brunswick T-zone 16lbs

#147657 - 02/28/11 06:34 PM Re: hook ratings [Re: lakredrai]
J_w73 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37/M/Northern CA
the perfect scale is pretty junky in my opinion.. Bowling This Month's scales are pretty good.. especially when comparing balls

Book Average 220

#147748 - 03/01/11 11:15 PM Re: hook ratings [Re: prov1x_nxt]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
Originally Posted By: prov1x_nxt
Originally Posted By: lakredrai

Each manufacturer has their own hook rating. That means Hammer's 10 hook rating ball might hook more or less than brunswicks 10 hook rating. The best thing that has been shown to me is bowlingball.com. they have created what they call a "perfect scale" to where they rate every ball themselves and on the same scale. its what i use and if nothing else it couldnt hurt to check into it wink. good luck my friend.

And Lane #1 does their hook rating out of 120 last time I checked.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 02:32 PM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 09/23/18 10:56 AM
Summer House Tourney
by Dennis Michael - 09/12/18 08:37 AM
For the good of the sport?
by Dennis Michael - 09/07/18 04:48 AM
End of Days
by steveA - 09/05/18 04:25 PM
Off-Spot Rule and Pinspotter Operation Question
by BOSStull - 09/01/18 06:43 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.