BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#148954 - 03/21/11 11:55 PM Re: what do you say? [Re: Muggel]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
Its like the a whip reaction at the release point. If you watch some of Norm Duke's videos he talks about the accelleration of the arm. And if you watch most of the PBA guys and all of the ladies, you will see this whip like action at the release.

Erin

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#148962 - 03/22/11 04:58 AM Re: what do you say? [Re: trekguy]
Muggel Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 43 Germany
this practice swing is part of [censored] ritgers trainingsprogram .its called practice swing drill .i dont understand why succesful procedures should be totally wrong now. If you dont understand listen to [censored] ritgers explaination!

#148967 - 03/22/11 09:28 AM Re: what do you say? [Re: Muggel]
trekguy Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 56/M/Mn
Originally Posted By: Muggel
this practice swing is part of [censored] ritgers trainingsprogram .its called practice swing drill .i dont understand why succesful procedures should be totally wrong now. If you dont understand listen to [censored] ritgers explaination!

There are all kinds of coaching techniques out there. I don't happen to agree with that one. If you're trying to attain a free swing, it doesn't make sense to me to swing the ball without releasing it... you have no choice but to grab it. Didn't seem to help your friend much either... feet were too fast, timing was early, and it appeared he was grabbing at the point of release... all of which caused a little instability at the line. Just my observation.
Motiv Venom Shock
Motiv Arctic Sniper
Motiv Tank

#148968 - 03/22/11 10:02 AM Re: what do you say? [Re: aoiten]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Quote:
Quote:
His trail leg looks like mine....non existant.

In the case of the guy in the video, could the toe dragging be due to insufficient braking and excessive slide?

Yes that is exactly the root cause of all of his problems, the right sole is slipping out from under him so he can't take a full slide and get his hip out of the way. Get a pair of right handed shoes and take another video so we can fix what is left after that, if anything. I have seen proper footwear totally fix people's entire approach, try it and see.

#148970 - 03/22/11 11:23 AM Re: what do you say? [Re: CoachJim]
aoiten Offline
Legend

A/S/L: amerika ni sunde iru
I was noticing the left foot sliding into position, then slipping further. When I slide and set, my balance leg is up and off to the left. When I slide more than expected, I tend to drag my toe. So I was thinking that maybe a less slippery heel and/or sole on the /left/ foot might help prevent that extra slide. But, definitely, the right shoe should have traction.

(The first thing I did to my universal shoes was replace the right slide sole with a traction sole with the help of a razor and some Super-glue Gel. Then I experimented with the left slide sole. Once I realised that the left heel was a major factor, I had to get interchangeables. I prefer a fixed-sole on the right side though.)

#148983 - 03/22/11 05:58 PM Re: what do you say? [Re: aoiten]
Muggel Offline
League Bowler

Originally Posted By: aoiten
I was noticing the left foot sliding into position, then slipping further. When I slide and set, my balance leg is up and off to the left. When I slide more than expected, I tend to drag my toe. So I was thinking that maybe a less slippery heel and/or sole on the /left/ foot might help prevent that extra slide. But, definitely, the right shoe should have traction.

(The first thing I did to my universal shoes was replace the right slide sole with a traction sole with the help of a razor and some Super-glue Gel. Then I experimented with the left slide sole. Once I realised that the left heel was a major factor, I had to get interchangeables. I prefer a fixed-sole on the right side though.)

thats exactly what he did ! He went to a shoemaker and he clued a rubbersole under his right shoe . I checked today if his right shoe is still sliding and he convinced me that he is definately not sliding with that right foot . buying new shoes wouldnīt make any difference! I can tell him to buy new shoes . will see if he does ! But i dont know why !

#148984 - 03/22/11 07:03 PM Re: what do you say? [Re: Muggel]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
I have top of the line shoes, well maintained etc.....

And my trail leg s ucks. Several coaches have tried to "un"learn this bad form issue of mine and so far I have not been able to do it. Which is why I say to try to get that fixed before it gets too well established.

Erin

#149013 - 03/23/11 02:41 PM Re: what do you say? [Re: Muggel]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

Quote:

thats exactly what he did ! He went to a shoemaker and he clued a rubbersole under his right shoe . I checked today if his right shoe is still sliding and he convinced me that he is definately not sliding with that right foot . buying new shoes wouldnīt make any difference! I can tell him to buy new shoes . will see if he does ! But i dont know why !

You can have him totally deconstruct his game and start over from scratch, it's either that or keep doing what he's doing. If he is interested in starting over from scratch, have him create a user name and pm me directly and I will give him step by step instructions. Be fore warned, it will take a long time and dedication, practice and time to improve especially over the internet, but I'm up for it if he is.

#149128 - 03/26/11 08:18 AM Re: what do you say? [Re: CoachJim]
Muggel Offline
League Bowler

hi coach jim ,iīm afraid his english isnīt good enough for that!

#149174 - 03/28/11 09:41 AM Re: what do you say? [Re: Muggel]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

Doesn't google translate? if it does he could send me an email, pm me and I will give it to you

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 4 seconds ago
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.