BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#147168 - 02/22/11 07:43 PM Two Handed Backup Bowler?
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
HS:763

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#147170 - 02/22/11 07:57 PM Re: Two Handed Backup Bowler? [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Lizard75 Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 39/m/Oconomowoc, WI
Does the kids dad remind anyone else of Lewis Black?

High Game-300
High Series-721

15# Hammer Spike
15# Storm Polar Ice
15# Brunswick Copperhead
15# Dynothane AU-79
15# Columbia Freeze

#147174 - 02/22/11 09:17 PM Re: Two Handed Backup Bowler? [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
One Pin Standing Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 44/Male/Forsyth Co., GA. USA
Interesting. But it does bring one question to mind. If he hits the 1-3 pocket, is that considered "going Brooklyn", or is that distinction determined by the direction of travel into the pocket not from the hand the ball is supported during release?

Or is this a moot point given the fact he resides in NJ?

In the bag:

811C/T
300C
300A
912T
508A
811ASE

#147187 - 02/23/11 02:28 AM Re: Two Handed Backup Bowler? [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
B-Hammer Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 30/M/Bellingham WA
He's awkward, but this kid is even weirder

Both kids have had success though, so I guess whatever works.

#147213 - 02/23/11 12:20 PM Re: Two Handed Backup Bowler? [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Domokun Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: male/DC Metro
Got this on my Facey B. Wall this morning. Has to be absolutely aggravating to be bowling next to a guy who double-pumps the ball, stumbles an inordinate and inconsistent amount of steps, dump and backup the ball off his hip from his right hand to the left side and follow through in an awkward yogic Warrior 1 pose only to quickly fall out of it and claim "It's my own way, and I'm a winner just like Jason Belmonte who also did it his own way! I've got 8 300s (2 USBC certified + 11-in-a-row), but no 800s but that's okay! All it takes is to stay behind the black line and knock all the pins down! Yay me! Win!"

But I'm the bitter old jerk bowling against him cuz I'm not getting his dumpy carry because I actually have to pay attention to what my equipment is doing on the lane--all 60' mind you.

The best thing this kid's got going for him is that he gets out of his own way and just does it. Wish I could be my own special snowflake just like him.

Ebonite: Challenge, Exceed, Innovate
Storm/RG: Cell Pearl, Tropical Breeze

"Only NBC or CBS for me. New Ball Carry or Clean Ball Strikes. Channel 4 and 14 or nothing." -- D. Ryan

#147223 - 02/23/11 03:24 PM Re: Two Handed Backup Bowler? [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Kitten Latch Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 19/M/Australia
I don't imagine this will do his body any favors over the next ten years. Even compared to normal two handing, which isn't easy on the body to begin with, Belmo's style is streamlined and perfect so he's not fighting the ball throughout the approach. This guy is having a few bouts with it in the backswing alone.

But each to his own, I suppose.
Black Pearl [email protected]
Terminator [email protected]
[email protected]

High Series: 793(3), 1033(4)
High Game: 300x1 17/6/11

#147225 - 02/23/11 03:53 PM Re: Two Handed Backup Bowler? [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Domokun Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: male/DC Metro
Hell with it all. Imma do this from now on--hey, it's MY thing, and I'll do it however I want to cuz it's behind the black line and knocks all the pins down.

Ebonite: Challenge, Exceed, Innovate
Storm/RG: Cell Pearl, Tropical Breeze

"Only NBC or CBS for me. New Ball Carry or Clean Ball Strikes. Channel 4 and 14 or nothing." -- D. Ryan

#147280 - 02/24/11 11:41 AM Re: Two Handed Backup Bowler? [Re: Kitten Latch]
aoiten Offline
Legend

A/S/L: amerika ni sunde iru
It seems to have become a popular belief that two-handing in general is strenuous. As a practising two-hander, I don't buy it. But that kid...he could use some coaching by Belmo, Osku, or any other two-hander with better technique. If he's that good now, the /right/ coaching could make him really good without breaking himself in the process!

BTW, Belmo said that he used to over-power oil patterns. He's being a little more sensitive to them now. I don't know...I kind of like the old Belmo. haha

(Being overly concerned with ball reactions and lane conditions and looking pretty while bowling, isn't that more for engineers and models? heh Ultimately, the game *is* about knocking down pins in a short time frame.)

#147302 - 02/24/11 05:43 PM Re: Two Handed Backup Bowler? [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
aoiten Offline
Legend

A/S/L: amerika ni sunde iru
Hey, I worked on a backup shot today as a spare shot. Used a 10-pound house ball to start with. I actually blasted out some strikes with it by accident! The lanes were almost completely dry Pro Anvilane.

#147304 - 02/24/11 05:57 PM Re: Two Handed Backup Bowler? [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Taylor S. Offline
Regional Pro Contender

A/S/L: 19/M/ Williamsport, PA
LOL, i saw the same thing. i wonder if its easier to bowl in New Jersey LOL just kiddinggggg. but when i saw him bowl, he said it feels right?? i dont get THAT at all. even in the video they showed, he went brooklyn.. i hope he doesnt aim for that. i'll bowl him for money though wink
15# C System 3.5
16# Yankee Doodle Spare Ball. "Captain America"
15# Storm IQ Pearl
High game 300
high series 726
Average: 203

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Storm Hy-Road Surface
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 10:42 AM
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Mkirchie - 10/21/18 07:57 AM
Mo Pinel "Striking Effectively In Today's Game"
by BOSStull - 10/14/18 06:16 AM
Buying new house shoes.
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:58 AM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.