BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#147197 - 02/23/11 10:33 AM Practice - 2011.02.21
lmfcoa Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: Chicagoland
Hey everyone, I headed out to the alleys the other day and took some video of a friend. While there I decided I would do some recording of my own as well. I haven't been practicing much (which to me seems obvious, but oh well) so I'm looking for any and all feedback.

There are 4 different views in the video and here are the timestamps

Behind 0:00
Release 1:04
Side 1:20
Down Lane: 3:01

And finally the vid link:

Thanks!

PAP: 5 1/8 x 3/4 up || Speed: 17.78 || Revs: 314 || Rotation: 65* || Tilt: 15*

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#147217 - 02/23/11 01:51 PM Re: Practice - 2011.02.21 [Re: lmfcoa]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
lmfcoa,

There are three things I notice with your game I think would be worth fixing first.

1 - Your timing is late due to your late push away. When your third step touches the ground the ball should be behind your ball side hip. Right now the ball is still in front of the hip by about 8-10 inches. By pushing the ball forward with your second step, instead of the hesitation like there is now, it will get you to better timing. Also notice as your fourth step touches down the ball should be at the top of swing, yours moves up still as you are coming into your slide, causing you to have to pull the ball to your release point in order to help get closer to being in time.

2 - Your balance leg is very stiff at the line, this is probably because your timing is late as well, I assume that fixing the push away issue will also help alleviate this to some degree.

3 - Your third step is very short, which in turn makes your fourth step very long. This is actually backwards. Your third step should be your longest step, the fourth should be the shortest. You are losing leverage and power because of the elongated fourth step which puts the body into an off balance position. You want to torque the body against itself to create power, with a long step this is simply not possible.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#147220 - 02/23/11 02:34 PM Re: Practice - 2011.02.21 [Re: lmfcoa]
champ Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 31/M/AZ
To me, your first two to three steps look pretty stiff. Some knee bend and relaxation might help an overall smoother delivery.

USBC Open personal bests: 226/602/1690
USBC Open career average: 174.66 (45 Games)

See you in Reno 2020!

#147221 - 02/23/11 02:55 PM Re: Practice - 2011.02.21 [Re: champ]
BobH Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 54/M/Dallas,TX
I kinda-liked the sound tracks... thumbsup

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Leading with the ring finger...
by djp1080 - 14 minutes 20 seconds ago
2019 Summer Leagues
by Dennis Michael - 08/15/19 08:37 AM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by Dennis Michael - 08/13/19 07:06 PM
Last Online 10 days ago
by BOSStull - 08/10/19 10:03 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.