BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#146487 - 02/13/11 04:26 PM Storm Demo Day Done And The New Ball Is?????
slaterracing Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 36/M/Adel, Iowa, USA
The Anarchy. It is not the ball i was going in looking for but it def was the best one there. I threw the prodigy, marvel, and victory road and the prodigy matched up the best with me but then i switched lanes to a fresh oil pattern and grabbed the anarchy and never looked back. That thing hits like a brick. I was able to run it up the right side between the 1st and 2nd arrow and it just motored right back to the pocket and crushed the pins. Struck 7 out of 10 times with the demo ball and at this point i told the Pro Shop guy to drill it up. Got a great deal on it as well. They took the $10 i paid for the demo day and put that twords the ball then took a nother 10% off with free finger tips. all i had to buy was a thumb slug for $10. got everything drilled and out the door for $214. I was happy with that.
Storm Modern Marvel 15#
Storm FireRoad 15#
Storm Furious 15#
Storm Tropicl Breeze #15
Storm Black Ice #15
Turbo Switch Grip

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#146491 - 02/13/11 05:09 PM Re: Storm Demo Day Done And The New Ball Is????? [Re: slaterracing]
champ Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 32/M/AZ
How do they run a ball demo? Does eveyone who want to throw a ball get it drilled for them, and if they don't like it, there are a bunch of multi drilled balls laying around?

Anyway, awesome to hear about the Anarchy. I have been thinking about getting one myself for heavy oil nights. Only thing holding me back is that I'm loving the Reign of Fire, and nothing seems to keep it from hooking.

USBC Open personal bests: 226/602/1690
USBC Open career average: 174.66 (45 Games)

See you in Reno 2020!

#146496 - 02/13/11 06:06 PM Re: Storm Demo Day Done And The New Ball Is????? [Re: champ]
slaterracing Offline

They have about 4 or 5 of each ball with diff spans on them then they have switch grips for both the fingers and the thumb so that they can get the grips and span as close to yours as possible but it is still not perf. It works out very well i have a small span and small fingers so it was a little hard to get mine right and my hand was stretched a little more than i am use to but it was still very close. If you ever get a chance to do a demo day DO IT. Cheap and you get to throw a lot of equipment to see what works with your style. I went in thinking i would get a completely dif ball than i got but so glad i found out that the anarchy worked for me before i got somehting else.
Storm Modern Marvel 15#
Storm FireRoad 15#
Storm Furious 15#
Storm Tropicl Breeze #15
Storm Black Ice #15
Turbo Switch Grip

#146516 - 02/13/11 11:37 PM Re: Storm Demo Day Done And The New Ball Is????? [Re: slaterracing]
ryanfeia Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 26/M/Wisconsin
Great choice! Hope you enjoy it as much as I am. smile
Victory Road Solid
Reign Supreme
Brunswick Plastic

Fall 2011 Stats
THS AVG:192.00
Sport AVG: 179.00
HG:279 HS:693

"Stop Whining, Go Practice!"

#146531 - 02/14/11 09:55 AM Re: Storm Demo Day Done And The New Ball Is????? [Re: slaterracing]
Charlie98 Offline
Regional Pro Contender

A/S/L: 53/M/McKinney, TX
They cancelled ours because of ice and snow here in Dallas, they have it rescheduled for 1MAR... can't wait!

Locked and Loaded:
Precision Solid 15#
Logix 15#
811A-SE 15#
2Fast 15#

Career
HG: 279
HS: 724
HA: 211

Fall/Winter 2019-20
AVG: 208
HG: 268
HS: 660

#146539 - 02/14/11 11:02 AM Re: Storm Demo Day Done And The New Ball Is????? [Re: slaterracing]
slaterracing Offline

ryanfeia i see you also have the virtual gravity how would you compare the 2 balls. that is one other one i was thinking about. and Charlie98 u will have a ton of fun. Love being able to bowl for 2 to 3 hours non stop and throw what ever they had. It was great.
Storm Modern Marvel 15#
Storm FireRoad 15#
Storm Furious 15#
Storm Tropicl Breeze #15
Storm Black Ice #15
Turbo Switch Grip

#146541 - 02/14/11 11:21 AM Re: Storm Demo Day Done And The New Ball Is????? [Re: slaterracing]
ryanfeia Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 26/M/Wisconsin
The Virtual Gravity has a stronger coverstock, so it reads the lane much earlier. It also has a much more even hook, where the Anarchy has that nice snap on the backend. I like to start with my Anarchy, and when that becomes too much, I can move outside and throw my VG.

I actually have my VG polished so it will run a bit longer with a little more backend. I really haven't had a condition that I would need the VG with the OOB finish on it. If you are just playing a THS, I would recommend doing the same. It definitely needs the oil if you're gonna play it OOB.

It was actually quite a treat to watch the finals of the USBC masters and see those two balls go head to head. Hess was throwing the new VG nano, and Jurek the Anarchy. You can see Hess playing that inside line and really getting a good reaction through the oil. Jurek was a bit more outside, but with the very strong motion of the Anarchy, was able to get it to the pocket. Obviously, he started getting too far right, and it just slid threw all the way.

Edited by ryanfeia (02/14/11 11:24 AM)
Victory Road Solid
Reign Supreme
Brunswick Plastic

Fall 2011 Stats
THS AVG:192.00
Sport AVG: 179.00
HG:279 HS:693

"Stop Whining, Go Practice!"

#146545 - 02/14/11 11:59 AM Re: Storm Demo Day Done And The New Ball Is????? [Re: slaterracing]
slaterracing Offline

When i was throwing in the demo day i was father right than i would normally play. I had my left toe on the center dot on the approach . then throwing the ball about to 7 or 8 board then it drifted out to about the 3 or 4 board then just launched back in. Only bad thing was at my demo day they did not have the VG or the Invation so i did not have anything with a solid cover on it to compare to. I did get to throw the theroy which was a solid but did not like the way it rolled. Everything i have is pearl so i guess i just throw those better. Kinda sucks that i dont have leagues tonight cause i really want to go throw it some. Will have to wait for pract this weekend i guess
Storm Modern Marvel 15#
Storm FireRoad 15#
Storm Furious 15#
Storm Tropicl Breeze #15
Storm Black Ice #15
Turbo Switch Grip

#146550 - 02/14/11 02:24 PM Re: Storm Demo Day Done And The New Ball Is????? [Re: slaterracing]
cupey800 Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 27/M/Indiana
I've been thinking of getting an Anarchy to replace the Prodigy in my arsenal. My primary ball is the Reign of Fire, but on nights with a lot of carry down, its hard to get it to come back. I'll switch to the Prodigy, and try to play down and in, but a lot of times, its not strong enough. From what I understand, the Anrachy has a lot of teeth for a pearl, so I am thinking it will fill the exact role I am looking for.
Virtual Gravity - Hy-Road

#146553 - 02/14/11 02:44 PM Re: Storm Demo Day Done And The New Ball Is????? [Re: slaterracing]
slaterracing Offline

For me the 2 played way diff. I liked both of them alot but they were 2 diff shots. the anarchy was def the much stronger ball. To keep it from coming back to hard when it started to dry out i have to pick up the speed alot. I think i was up to about 17.5mph when i normally only throw 15 to 15.5. It is def the hardest hooking ball i have ever thrown and cant wait to try it out some more.
Storm Modern Marvel 15#
Storm FireRoad 15#
Storm Furious 15#
Storm Tropicl Breeze #15
Storm Black Ice #15
Turbo Switch Grip

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - Yesterday at 07:42 AM
Plastic or Urethane?
by LindaDelcamp - 11/12/19 03:19 PM
Good morning everyone...
by Mkirchie - 11/10/19 09:52 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.