BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#145510 - 02/01/11 06:12 PM Alligator moat (Splits) of improvement
ijohn83 Offline
4x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 54/male/Palmdale, California U...
I really feel like I am still in that Alligator moat (Splits) of improvement that separates a 170-190 bowler from a 190-210 bowler.

http://www.bowlsk.com/games/view-series.html?series=6008283

I can keep my index finger in to help me with my early wrist turning, but that puts my PAP @ 0 Deg (looking at the wall)with a deck clearing 8, 9 or X straight ball.
I can spread my index finger out to encourage the side roll, but that seems to cause my wrist to jump to the outside of the ball really early putting my PAP at 90 Deg (looking at me)and the ball skids all the way through the pins.
Getting "better" (all things are relative) at letting the ball just fall in the down swing but not good yet.
My wrist is staying in place intermittently longer (PAP @ 55Deg)but I am not lined up necessarily for that and I pick up a board or two more curve and go right down the middle of the head pin causing splits - even thought it was, technically, a better release.

I guess, beside lamenting for my team 2, (That's not what we had in mind when we chose "Deadly curves" as a name)I would like someone to look at my above scoring and help me manage my improvement transition better with ball selection. I changed to my Terminator from my Xtreme Damage in the middle of the 3rd game and was still coming in high but was striking instead of splitting.

~John

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#145547 - 02/02/11 06:58 AM Re: Alligator moat (Splits) of improvement [Re: ijohn83]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Have you tried a Pro Release wrist brace? Even if you only use it for a learning aid, it might still help you feel when you are losing your wrist position.

Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
2019 Summer Leagues
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 08:52 PM
Last Online 10 days ago
by 82Boat69 - Yesterday at 09:58 AM
So the 3-unit oil rule is dead.
by wronghander - 06/24/19 11:47 PM
tennis elbow
by TheDemolitionMan - 06/24/19 10:34 AM
Creative Bowling Solutions Power Finger Grips
by MNsportsfan - 06/24/19 09:20 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.