BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1455 - 01/14/05 04:55 PM Games you play while bowling?
Kjay Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 40/M/Oregon
I'll preface this by saying I've never participated in the various games, but am now thinking of starting one with my team. I see guys doing different games, i.e. each mark they get a card and each miss they pay a nickle and at the end winner has best hand and gets the coins. Or, Whatever. I'm curious to see what games you might be playing at the counter while you are bowling? (of course you are focused on your game:).

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#1456 - 01/15/05 02:55 PM Re: Games you play while bowling?
goatster Offline
Junior Coach

A/S/L: Oxbow, Jefferson (County)
in my two leagues we do it diff. on each night. on mon night we get a card to start with. dealt in the bowling order then you get a card for every mark but you must take the next card on the top you have no choice and you only keep 5. my old mon team. used to get a card for each mark and 2 cards if you had 3 marks in a row.on my thurs. team we put down five cards to pick from to start.but you only get cards on strikes and we keep 7. the top card on the deck is face up you can either take that or if you dont want that card burry it at the bottom and take the one under it.we also get 2 cards for a double.so if you strike in the ninth and strike out you get 6 cards.

#1457 - 01/16/05 09:39 AM Re: Games you play while bowling?
mdmjdm Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 40/m/MD
Well, some people think that pot games are only for scratch bowlers...they're not. You can use the handicap total to decide the winner, which makes it fair for everyone. It also can help some of the lower average bowlers learn to bowl with some pressure on them...even if it's only for a few bucks or bragging rights alone.

mdmjdm

#1458 - 01/17/05 03:07 PM Re: Games you play while bowling?
petrinjak Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 34/Male/Virginia
I have played many versions of the card game. One of the ones I liked the best was 1 card for a strike 2 cards for a double. You could have more than 5 or 7 cards but for each open you had to discard a card. That made things quite interesting.

Pot games and brackets are fun. Another game that I haven't seen for quite some time was a progressive strike pot. It went something like this:
Anyone that wanted in would pay their entry (we used $5). Four or five different frames were picked at random, say by rolling a couple dice. If you struck in each of the pre-determined frames you won the pot. If know one hit it, the mone would roll to the next week. That was a cool one...I am just remembering that as I sit here typing it.

#1459 - 01/17/05 05:29 PM Re: Games you play while bowling?
Gorney Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 42/Male/Illinois
1 card per mark,
2 cards per double.
max 5 cards in hand
team player takes away card if you miss 1 pin spare.

#1460 - 01/18/05 02:17 AM Re: Games you play while bowling?
Coach04 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: Male/Texas
I use card games to help guide my teams outlook on the game. If they are thinking of getting cards for strikes, and cards for spares, it tends to stop the "I have to make this" thing. They tend to focus a little more on the card game, and relax a little more on the approach.

I keep a double deck in my bag, I think it has won more games for my teams than my coaching has... wink

#1461 - 01/18/05 04:31 PM Re: Games you play while bowling?
mdmjdm Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 40/m/MD
Coach:

That is a darn good thought. Might help this one kid that I bowl with on Tuesday nights who thinks himself to death. Even worse than me smile

I got him to stop looking at the monitor and "doing the math" in his head, and that helped him some...maybe if I add a card game to the routine, he will be able to average 190-200 like he should. (He does have alot of natural ability...just frustrates himself)

Thanks again for a great post

mdmjdm

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Thumb Tape Help - Gets sticky.
by Mkirchie - Today at 09:18 AM
best defiant in the line from roto grip?
by ngvjeff - Today at 02:52 AM
Changing a polished ball
by Fin09 - Yesterday at 10:22 PM
Ah yes, elbow inside
by SteveH - Yesterday at 06:22 PM
For stubborn straight-bowlers
by Revenator - Yesterday at 01:07 PM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2014-15 thread
by Richie V. - 10/22/14 10:28 PM
The Weak Ten pin?
by steveA - 10/21/14 07:11 PM
Adding new ball to the arsenal
by spectral - 10/21/14 10:16 AM
Fall '14 Week 6 virtual league results
by SteveH - 10/20/14 08:26 PM
Help choosing a new ball
by Cray - 10/20/14 12:45 AM
1500 abralon pad
by Dave800 - 10/19/14 07:58 PM
First Day with the Storm Crux
by SteveH - 10/19/14 06:50 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2014 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.