BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#145110 - 01/26/11 07:48 PM Re: Help me pick a pair of new shoes [Re: Atochabsh]
Blacklight Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 22/M/High Point, NC
Originally Posted By: Atochabsh
Quote:
Don't love them that much haha. I'd like to see something a bit more stability. I feel like I lose my balance at times with the SST5's now.

I lose stability also and its fixed with a new heel. I wear the heels unevenly.

I do the same thing. My heel is wearing on the outside of the left heel diagonally. Didn't start until the past 2 years but I've been through 3 heels because of it.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#145181 - 01/27/11 06:09 PM Re: Help me pick a pair of new shoes [Re: Blacklight]
aoiten Offline
Legend

A/S/L: amerika ni sunde iru
There is a video on YouTube by Dexter explaining that different SST models were designed more narrow or more wide. I have Brunswick Classics which are like the SST6. They were designed wide and the regular size fits me well. I typically look for US 11.5 wide shoes. They were only $80. Fixed traction shoe, interchangeable sole/heel on the slide shoe.

#145182 - 01/27/11 06:41 PM Re: Help me pick a pair of new shoes [Re: Blacklight]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Thanks for the video, aoiten. It explains why I cannot wear Dexters, as they say they are wider, and give more width across the ball of the foot. That's exactly why I can't use them.

I do have a pair of SST1 that are similar to SST5, but with fixed soles. These have already been replaced, as the slide heal is made in layers, and tends to shred a layer at a time. The second pair is about to be replaced as well. But, this time I will get a different mfgr shoe from the Pro Shop. I just don't know which one, yet.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#145193 - 01/27/11 09:14 PM Re: Help me pick a pair of new shoes [Re: Blacklight]
lebowski120669 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 43/M/Kansas City
Have a pair of Dynothane/3G Sport Deluxes. Great shoes. Wanted a change & bought a pair of SST 8's. They are great. Anything 3G/Dexter are going to be you best bet.

Ball Speed 17-17.5mph
Revs 360-380

RG Critical Theroy 16 2K
RG Mutant Cell Pearl 16 2K Polished
RG Mars 16 4K Polished
RG Grand Illusion 16 150 Grit
Hammer Big Blue Spare 15
Dexter SST8 White/Black

#145197 - 01/27/11 11:07 PM Re: Help me pick a pair of new shoes [Re: Blacklight]
lmfcoa Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: Chicagoland
You can't go wrong with either shoe, but I personally favor the Dexters. Been rocking SST 6 LX for a while and they are the best bowling shoe I have ever owned.

PAP: 5 1/8 x 3/4 up || Speed: 17.78 || Revs: 314 || Rotation: 65* || Tilt: 15*

#145223 - 01/28/11 08:37 AM Re: Help me pick a pair of new shoes [Re: Blacklight]
Blacklight Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 22/M/High Point, NC
I really like the design of the Tour Ultras. Dexter's shoes haven't necessarily gotten the best looking over the years. Unless there is something that the Dexter SST8's offer that the 3G Tour Ultras don't, I think I might go with the 3G's.

#145268 - 01/28/11 06:20 PM Re: Help me pick a pair of new shoes [Re: Blacklight]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
Originally Posted By: Blacklight
I really like the design of the Tour Ultras. Dexter's shoes haven't necessarily gotten the best looking over the years. Unless there is something that the Dexter SST8's offer that the 3G Tour Ultras don't, I think I might go with the 3G's.

The SST8s offer a changeable traction sole, but like I said before, the main reason for this is to allow the same pair of shoes to be used by left and right handers instead of manufacturing left hand specific and right hand specific shoes. Kind of a universal shoe, but you have a traction sole instead of a slide sole on each foot.

What I do like about the 3G shoes is they have what is one of the soles is referred to as a cleat sole. It has seven holes in it that you put disks in the fine tune the slide even more buy allowing areas of the foot to have more or less slide. I was using this set up for a while as everything else I slid either too much or not enough and it really threw my timing off. Sometimes I had to change out a disk to help tame or add slide.
HS:763

#145358 - 01/30/11 01:24 AM Re: Help me pick a pair of new shoes [Re: Blacklight]
Revenator Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 49
I use the Linds classic, I don't like the changable soles and heels. I tried a pair, and found that once I discovered the heel and soles I liked that I never changed them. What a waste of money. Gve me the quality Linds and some slide powder and it works on anything.

#145359 - 01/30/11 01:36 AM Re: Help me pick a pair of new shoes [Re: Blacklight]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Agree, the best shoe I had was the Linds Classic.

Since they did not pay juice to the PBA, as other ball manufacturers did not, many pro shops are not carrying them.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#145363 - 01/30/11 02:53 AM Re: Help me pick a pair of new shoes [Re: Blacklight]
Atochabsh Offline
USBC Bronze Coach

A/S/L: 50/F/California
Our local dist. stopped carrying Linds. So that's why the pro shops don't have them around here.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Mkirchie - Today at 08:17 AM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by Dennis Michael - 09/18/18 08:46 AM
Summer House Tourney
by Dennis Michael - 09/12/18 08:37 AM
For the good of the sport?
by Dennis Michael - 09/07/18 04:48 AM
End of Days
by steveA - 09/05/18 04:25 PM
Off-Spot Rule and Pinspotter Operation Question
by BOSStull - 09/01/18 06:43 AM
Anthony Simonsen Gene Carter's Pro Shop Classic
by BowlerBill - 08/24/18 04:27 PM
Duplicating the reaction of an obsolete ball
by BowlerBill - 08/24/18 04:23 PM
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by wronghander - 08/23/18 11:11 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.