BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#145040 - 01/25/11 09:10 PM At least I'll have the memories, and a new ball!
JW123 Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 45/M/NJ
Last week I was hooked into entering the US Open Pro-Am. I am aware that a first-year bowler has no business being on the lanes with those pros and there is no way I can dream of winning it or even being close, but the experience should be cool and I'm getting a new C System ball that would cost me as much as the entry price so I'm bowling for practically free.

HG: 279 santioned/300 unsanctioned
HS3: 671
HS4: 847

12-13 Averages:
177 full season league
171/175 (both halves short-season)

First "Triple Deucey" 3/28/2012: 226-212-202 for 640.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#145054 - 01/25/11 11:59 PM Re: At least I'll have the memories, and a new ball! [Re: JW123]
PSBA10 Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 58/M/Butler, Pennsylvania
Back in the late 90's I bowled a Pro-Am during the Bayer Brunswick Touring Players Championship in Pittsburgh. I had a great time. We bowled with 3 different Pros. One was Norm Duke. Norm needed a strike and spare in the tenth to beat me. He threw the first strike, then pulled the ball high leaving the 7-10. Norm turned around to me and said,"I've got you now". I'm thinking yeah right. He picks up 2 balls and covers the 7-10. The whole place went nuts when he made that trick shot.

My memories from the Pro-am are great. Enjoy yourself.
HG 290 Series 781 Average 198

#145093 - 01/26/11 01:39 PM Re: At least I'll have the memories, and a new ball! [Re: JW123]
VampyreBowler Offline
Regional Pro Contender

A/S/L: 45/Male/Thurmont, MD
I have done 2 regional pro-am's and 1 tour pro-am and they are fun. Some of the pro can kinda be stand-offish but most are happy to be interacting with the fans there and some will actually give pointers.

There was also 2 occasions were Parker came to the local house for events which was very cool. Had a great time at the 2nd one talking with him about doing regional events. Then watched him dismantle the entire field in a winner take all Beat the Pro challenge, where he bowled 3 games across 6 lanes at one time shooting 300 on my pair, 267 the next pair over and 247 on the 3rd pair

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
What to do?
by Mkirchie - 02/01/20 07:45 AM
Plugging balance holes
by Dennis Michael - 01/29/20 01:20 AM
The price of new bowling balls
by Dennis Michael - 01/28/20 06:14 PM
This is a damned shame
by Mkirchie - 01/26/20 05:10 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.