BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#126779 - 05/01/10 08:55 PM Hammer vs Storm
evilash71 Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 40/M/ TX
Question. What's your all's opinion on creating arsenals from one maker(say Roto and Storm-or Hammer and Ebonite) vs getting balls from all different makers? I was thinking about this and it seems that at least if you stick within a overall company you get a good idea arsenal wise of where things fit where as with mixing and matching it may be close to something you have, or in between etc.

Anyhow, having said this if you were going to go with only HAMMER or STORM which would you go and why? My wife and i were debating this and I wondered what you all thought.
#14 MUTANT CELL PEARL
#14 ROTO DARK STAR
#14 ROTO RISING STAR
#14 ROTO OUTLAW
#14 ROTO GRENADE
#14 T ZONE SPAREBALL
#14 Storm Frantic

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#126781 - 05/01/10 11:10 PM Re: Hammer vs Storm [Re: evilash71]
KiddsReign Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 24/m/baltimore
Storm!!!!!!! I really think they are on top of their game in an engineering stand point. Just ask PDW!!!

game-299
series-692

15# Storm Reign
15# Storm Invasion
15# Brunswick Tzone

#144447 - 01/18/11 11:54 PM Re: Hammer vs Storm [Re: evilash71]
Bolnbob Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 21/M/Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. USA
I agree with Kidd. But it also depends on the person's style, being a two hander, I prefer Storm's skid/flippiness in their balls. But to be honest I haven't thrown Hammer to even know the difference. I know the Taboo for Hammer is supposed to be extremely good.

Storm VG Nano(Polished)
Storm Marvel Pearl
Storm Victory Road
Storm 2Furious
Storm Trop. Heat Blk/Slv
Storm Trop. Breeze Blk/Teal

http://justanothertwohander.blogspot.com/

#144450 - 01/19/11 12:01 AM Re: Hammer vs Storm [Re: Bolnbob]
ryanfeia Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 26/M/Wisconsin
I've never thrown a Hammer product, but I will give you two thumbs up for anything Storm. I've thrown a vast variety of equipment from them, and they have everything available and in-between. Very impressed with all lines of balls, and I have no intention of looking elsewhere.

Bowl up a STORM!
Victory Road Solid
Reign Supreme
Brunswick Plastic

Fall 2011 Stats
THS AVG:192.00
Sport AVG: 179.00
HG:279 HS:693

"Stop Whining, Go Practice!"

#144467 - 01/19/11 07:12 AM Re: Hammer vs Storm [Re: evilash71]
Kitten Latch Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 19/M/Australia
I'd like to say "Go out and pick the best balls from each company. It's a great idea! All of the best in one arsenal.", but honestly, I just don't see that working. The differences between manufacturer are too large (such as storm/roto being skid/snap kings, columbia 300 known for it's early rolling arcing equipment etc). For that reason, I can only recommend staying with a single manufacturer.
Black Pearl [email protected]
Terminator [email protected]
[email protected]

High Series: 793(3), 1033(4)
High Game: 300x1 17/6/11

#144470 - 01/19/11 09:29 AM Re: Hammer vs Storm [Re: evilash71]
Fin09 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 51/M/Virginia Beach, VA
I have stayed with Storm for about 9-10 years or so now, and I don't even research any other manufacturers' equipment anymore. It just gets too complicated comparing everyone's stuff, when one manufacturer covers the entire range of equipment I need. They do have a lot of skid/flip stuff, but a lot of their more recent stuff is made for an earlier, more even reaction (as compared to their skid/flip stuff, not necessarily to everything on the market). The Invasion, Virtual Gravity, and even the Attitude Shift have a lot smoother reaction than their pearlized and polished skid/flip pieces.
Storm's overall quality seems to be among the best in the industry, so I doubt you can go completely wrong.

Bowl up a Storm!

#144476 - 01/19/11 10:37 AM Re: Hammer vs Storm [Re: evilash71]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
I have had both brands. And, the only thing I would say is the Hammer balls lasted longer. I have had too many Storm and Roto balls die in short use. The Hammer ball I currently have is in season number 2, and still reacts the same as new.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#144485 - 01/19/11 11:45 AM Re: Hammer vs Storm [Re: Dennis Michael]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
I couldn't tell you. My BW Solid and Hy-Road while having different layouts are still going strong and absolutely destroy the pocket. The only thing I can say is that sometimes Storm balls don't stop hooking so you may be looking at some back row leaves. Like it was said earlier, skid/snap is their bread and butter, and Roto is more of the arching reaction. Although a lot of their equipment is starting to look skid/flippy as well. I'd have to say it really depends on the bowler. Some people like different companies for different things. I have balls from Columbia, Storm, Roto and Hammer and have shot well with all of them, so it's more of what reaction you're going with, how the ball is setup and which company you want to try.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

#144488 - 01/19/11 11:59 AM Re: Hammer vs Storm [Re: TheDemolitionMan]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Originally Posted By: TheDemolitionMan
I couldn't tell you. My BW Solid and Hy-Road while having different layouts are still going strong and absolutely destroy the pocket. The only thing I can say is that sometimes Storm balls don't stop hooking so you may be looking at some back row leaves. Like it was said earlier, skid/snap is their bread and butter, and Roto is more of the arching reaction. Although a lot of their equipment is starting to look skid/flippy as well. I'd have to say it really depends on the bowler. Some people like different companies for different things. I have balls from Columbia, Storm, Roto and Hammer and have shot well with all of them, so it's more of what reaction you're going with, how the ball is setup and which company you want to try.

Don't see this as a Company preference. It's a longevity and performance preference.

How many "dead ball" threads have you seen on here? And, what brands are the balls in question?

They are limited to a couple.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#144492 - 01/19/11 12:13 PM Re: Hammer vs Storm [Re: evilash71]
champ Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 30/M/AZ
In my very limited experience Storm definitely does have the biggest following, but from the few different balls I have thrown, I prefer Columbia. I like how their equipment drives through the pins. For that reason, if I was going to build an arsenal, I'd base it around one maker.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Any interest in a winter virtual league?
by SteveH - 11/19/17 10:22 PM
Nothing worse than falling apart late in a game
by Jason_C - 11/19/17 10:04 PM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by Richie V. - 11/19/17 09:15 PM
Which ball
by djp1080 - 11/19/17 06:18 PM
Entry Angle
by djp1080 - 11/19/17 12:09 PM
Honor scores 2017-18
by Fin09 - 11/17/17 07:27 PM
My low track
by Jason_C - 11/17/17 01:38 PM
Back-up Bowling
by djp1080 - 11/16/17 08:31 PM
Has this happenned to any one
by 82Boat69 - 11/14/17 01:24 PM
Two handed with pinky and ring
by Dylan585 - 11/13/17 02:48 PM
2017 U.S. Open
by Dylan585 - 11/12/17 05:48 PM
Storm Hy-Road Surface
by SteveH - 11/05/17 09:51 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2017 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.