BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#143836 - 01/11/11 08:11 PM knee pain
lakredrai Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/vancouver, wa, usa
my knee on my plant leg aches when I bowl. I went to my chiropractor today, hopefully he solved the problem. he has fixed every other pain I have had to deal with over the years. I don't want to have to resort to taking pain killers all of the time.
Columbia Freeze
Columbia White Dot

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#143846 - 01/11/11 10:39 PM Re: knee pain [Re: lakredrai]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
It sucks getting old. I take glucosamine daily for my wrist. When I forget for a day or 2, I can tell.

Your knee may be wear and tear or something else. Depending on what your chiro says, it may be worth an MRI. A few years ago, I tweaked my knee. I went a few months until I finally went to a doc and had an MRI. Turned out I had a torn ACL. Don't take it lightly.

Edited by General Pounder (01/11/11 10:40 PM)

#143940 - 01/12/11 05:27 PM Re: knee pain [Re: General Pounder]
aoiten Offline
Legend

A/S/L: amerika ni sunde iru
Originally Posted By: General Pounder
It sucks getting old. I take glucosamine daily for my wrist. When I forget for a day or 2, I can tell.

Hey, what brand and dosage do you use? Was it prescribed? Is it mixed with other things like condroitin?

#143948 - 01/12/11 06:23 PM Re: knee pain [Re: lakredrai]
lakredrai Offline
Virtual League Champion

I purchased a knee brace today, I will try it out tonight during league. any one else bowl with a knee brace ? do you like it ?
Columbia Freeze
Columbia White Dot

#144026 - 01/13/11 11:13 AM Re: knee pain [Re: lakredrai]
slowdown Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 60/m/junction city, ks
i use a light brace i purchase from wal mal. it's black has metal supports on both sides. I have weak knees from jumpimg off of tanks in the army (20 years). I wear it on my slide leg. I use it to easy my mind knowing it will support my knee, still some pain but i think it's because i slid sideways at times or did something wrong during my approach.(pushed off wrong). I'm always looking at other braces. this one is not bulky, and it feels comfortable under long pants. glad to share this with you.
Slowdown
Brunswick Blazing Inferno Spare Ball WD

#144030 - 01/13/11 11:57 AM Re: knee pain [Re: lakredrai]
slowdown Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 60/m/junction city, ks
Oh by the way before i go bowling i take two low dosage bayer aspirns. Keeps the the blood flowing. I will agree with general pounder get the knee checked out if it hurts before, during, and after your bowling
Brunswick Blazing Inferno Spare Ball WD

#144033 - 01/13/11 01:09 PM Re: knee pain [Re: aoiten]
trekguy Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 56/M/Mn
Originally Posted By: aoiten
Originally Posted By: General Pounder

Hey, what brand and dosage do you use? Was it prescribed? Is it mixed with other things like condroitin?

Glucosamine often times comes with chondroitin... my chiro said that you should take a dose of vitamin C with it as well, as it is supposed to aid in the absorbtion/utilization. I found one that has all three in one... big tablets though.
Motiv Venom Shock
Motiv Arctic Sniper
Motiv Tank

#144035 - 01/13/11 01:16 PM Re: knee pain [Re: lakredrai]
trekguy Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 56/M/Mn
Originally Posted By: lakredrai
my knee on my plant leg aches when I bowl. I went to my chiropractor today, hopefully he solved the problem. he has fixed every other pain I have had to deal with over the years. I don't want to have to resort to taking pain killers all of the time.

Warm up and stretch out carefully before you throw the ball. Also, strengthen the legs with some squats or leg presses. Do them slowly and carefully, and do not go past 90 degrees. As your legs get stronger and more flexible, knees feel better.

When you bowl, do you plant your foot and rear up at the line? Or do you fall off the shot and step to the right on your balance leg?
Motiv Venom Shock
Motiv Arctic Sniper
Motiv Tank

#144057 - 01/13/11 06:01 PM Re: knee pain [Re: trekguy]
lakredrai Offline
Virtual League Champion

I plant my foot trekguy. I have bowled twice since going to my chiropractor and I have had no pain. I also like the brace, that extra support is nice.
Columbia Freeze
Columbia White Dot

#144080 - 01/13/11 10:42 PM Re: knee pain [Re: lakredrai]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
I have it with chondroitin. I take 1500mg a day. My orthopedic told me to start it after I had an MRI on my wrist and was told that I have tendinitis and arthritis. I use the CVS brand. I also take vitamin C daily. Walgreens brand.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by Richie V. - Today at 09:25 PM
Made it.
by RGR - Today at 07:56 AM
Ball choice and strategy for Wolf pattern
by champ - Yesterday at 10:15 PM
My Senior League wants to change Houses
by BOSStull - Yesterday at 05:21 AM
tennis elbow
by BOSStull - Yesterday at 03:58 AM
12 pound ball?
by W9JAB - 02/15/18 02:52 PM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 02/11/18 07:19 AM
Brunswick "The Grizz" Vintage Urethane ball
by nord - 02/11/18 04:20 AM
Hammer Purple Pearl Urethane
by nord - 02/10/18 03:24 PM
Honor Scores Not Received By USBC
by Mkirchie - 02/10/18 10:54 AM
Competing against high rev, high speed players
by BowlerBill - 02/07/18 09:36 PM
Old bowling ball on synthetic lanes - good or bad?
by Dennis Michael - 02/04/18 03:52 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.