BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#143615 - 01/10/11 12:49 AM lol horrible form. please critique.
tatkins85 Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 25/m/antioch, ca
Hey guys this is the first time Iíve asked someone to look at my technique. I want to improve so I need to improve my form. So can you guys please give me some advice and critique my clip. Lol I have never watched myself bowl before so I can also see some things I need to work on, I thought I looked allot better then what I actually do. Lol. Thanks in advance.

Edited by tatkins85 (01/10/11 12:50 AM)

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#143621 - 01/10/11 01:55 AM Re: lol horrible form. please critique. [Re: tatkins85]
B-Hammer Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 30/M/Bellingham WA
Are you using your thumb? Looks like you use the rock the baby method right now. When you drop the ball into your swing and try to straighten your arm do you feel like you need to death grip the ball? If so you might need to have your fit checked.

#143640 - 01/10/11 08:48 AM Re: lol horrible form. please critique. [Re: tatkins85]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
I agree that it looks to me like your fit is off. As soon as you take your left hand off the ball your right arm immediately tenses to grip the ball and you can visibly see how much it slows your swing down. Then on the downswing coming to release you can see that you have to throw the ball in order to get any speed on it at all.

You just need to relax and let the swing do its thing, don't control it quite so much. If you can just allow gravity to work with you it will make your job so much more easy. Try to relax as much as you possibly can and just the ball swing as if your arm was nothing more than a rope, it has no power at all, its just a rope.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#143642 - 01/10/11 08:59 AM Re: lol horrible form. please critique. [Re: sk8shorty01]
tatkins85 Offline
Bantam

yes im using a thumb. i dont know why i do that. i know i did go to a 2 finger grip with no thumb like 6 years ago and used that method for about 2 years and then went back to using a thumb. no i dont have to grip the ball i thinks its drilled correctly becuase i know my other ball was not drilled correctly and the Pro Shop guy said it was done horribly and fixed it. then sold me a new ball lol. even when i try to keep my arm straight it looks allot straighter then that but at the end right before realse, i end up dipping my shoulder so i can ben my elbow and push it out again. ill krrp eotking on it. what about my slide steup i notice i dont slide is that a must or is it fine not to slide? thanks for the help guys.

#143762 - 01/11/11 12:28 AM Re: lol horrible form. please critique. [Re: tatkins85]
tatkins85 Offline
Bantam

well i talked to my Pro Shop guy today and he is going to work with me and and coach me. he is not going to charge me anything to coach me but after talking to him i ended up walking out of his shop with $150 shoes and a $180 3,4,5 ball bag lol so dont know if the coaching realy is free. but with the shoes i got he said it will be hard for me not to slide anymore and he is going to work with me on keeping my arm straight and help control my curve more.

#143773 - 01/11/11 02:21 AM Re: lol horrible form. please critique. [Re: tatkins85]
B-Hammer Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 30/M/Bellingham WA
Working with a coach will produce results much quicker then going at it alone, keep an open mind to anything he asks you to do, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

The trick is allowing the ball to get into a roll and NOT trying to force a hook, it's hard for many people to get past that mental block (myself included).

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 05/25/20 06:01 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.