BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#108836 - 11/29/09 11:45 PM Re: Osku vs. Belmo... head-to-head.... Who would w [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Joe Bowler Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 50s/M/MD
I don't know who would win, but it would be an interesting match to watch, particularly as the lanes transition.
House: 239
Sport: 210

PBA (2014-2015): $850

Heavy: Nano, HyperCell, Eternal Cell
Medium: IQ Tour, Tour SiC, Tag
Light: Spare+, Tank, Rebel Tank
Spares: WD

Internet advice is offered free, as is, at your own risk.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#113271 - 01/11/10 11:28 PM Re: Osku vs. Belmo... head-to-head.... Who would w [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
RDubYa Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Florida
I would put my money on Osku. Belmo has received much more publicity and hype, but I believe Osku is the better player. Do you think we'll ever see them go head to head???

Edited by RDubYa (01/11/10 11:29 PM)

#113298 - 01/12/10 07:46 AM Re: Osku vs. Belmo... head-to-head.... Who would w [Re: RDubYa]
spectral Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 24/M/Belgium
i think osku looks smoother during his approach.

i think both could win depending on the day and oil pattern.

for more difficult oil patterns i'd put my money on Belmo tho, i have the impression he adjusts better

#114171 - 01/17/10 06:25 PM Re: Osku vs. Belmo... head-to-head.... Who would w [Re: spectral]
MarkGregSputnik Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: New England
I'm a hardcore Palermaa fan, so I'm going to say Palermaa.
Balls used: 15 lb Storm Virtual Energy and 11 lb Ebonite Maxim Captain Midnight smile

#142607 - 12/29/10 01:59 PM Re: Osku vs. Belmo... head-to-head.... Who would w [Re: MarkGregSputnik]
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 48/M/Port Townsend, WA
I hate to dig up an old forgotten thread but since we FINALLY got our wish of seeing the two premiere 2-handed power bowlers in the world, Osku and Belmo going at it head-to-head on TV, I just HAD TO do it, so..... enjoy fellow fans!!!

I just wish that there would've been more enthusiastic fans in the crowd on the show, and a bigger crowd at that who would take both sides of this match.

Where the fans come FIRST!!!

www.BIGHMW.com

#142613 - 12/29/10 04:54 PM Re: Osku vs. Belmo... head-to-head.... Who would w [Re: BIGHMW]
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 45 m
Belmo and Osku are both great bowlers... In reference to who is better well who knows. What I do know is that Belmo has 1 title, and several 2 place finishes in his first 2 seasons on tour.. He is very consistant, overall last season finishing in the top ten.. That speaks volumes, although Osku I'm sure will get there as well... It's frightening watching him shoot his 10 pin spare, the speed OMG..

What I find more interesting is the notion that this could be another big push for the two handed style... I see it at my centre, although not taking the world by storm, there has been an increase in bowlers using two hands..

#142614 - 12/29/10 05:58 PM Re: Osku vs. Belmo... head-to-head.... Who would w [Re: looseleftie]
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 48/M/Port Townsend, WA
Originally Posted By: looseleftie
Belmo and Osku are both great bowlers... In reference to who is better well who knows. What I do know is that Belmo has 1 title, and several 2 place finishes in his first 2 seasons on tour.. He is very consistant, overall last season finishing in the top ten.. That speaks volumes, although Osku I'm sure will get there as well... It's frightening watching him shoot his 10 pin spare, the speed OMG..

What I find more interesting is the notion that this could be another big push for the two handed style... I see it at my centre, although not taking the world by storm, there has been an increase in bowlers using two hands..

You would say "...taking the world by Storm", since they are both Storm staffers (and now both are PBA champions), and I myself use Storm bowling balls, right now my current arsenal (of strike balls) includes both the Invasion and the Hy-Road (both 15 pounds, my first ever 15 pound balls since switching from 16 pound gear I used up until last year). The Hy-Road, as used by Osku in this match, goes longer down lane and has a stronger finish in the back, while I use my Invasion on a fresh pattern as it reacts sooner, and then as the lanes break down, I go to my Hy-Road to get through the burned-out heads, in which it does very well.
Where the fans come FIRST!!!

www.BIGHMW.com

#142653 - 12/30/10 01:54 AM Re: Osku vs. Belmo... head-to-head.... Who would win? [Re: BIGHMW]
aoiten Offline
Legend

A/S/L: amerika ni sunde iru
To keep it in perspective, here's a screenshot of Osku playing my style! (Belmo paid me to post that. hehe)

#143342 - 01/06/11 10:30 PM Re: Osku vs. Belmo... head-to-head.... Who would win? [Re: aoiten]
ryanfeia Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 26/M/Wisconsin
Our boy Belmo was in the live Team USA trials USBC chat today answering some questions. Sk8 and I were in on the action! It was pretty cool to get a chance to throw a shoutout there!
Victory Road Solid
Reign Supreme
Brunswick Plastic

Fall 2011 Stats
THS AVG:192.00
Sport AVG: 179.00
HG:279 HS:693

"Stop Whining, Go Practice!"

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Storm Hy-Road Surface
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 10:42 AM
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Mkirchie - 10/21/18 07:57 AM
Mo Pinel "Striking Effectively In Today's Game"
by BOSStull - 10/14/18 06:16 AM
Buying new house shoes.
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:58 AM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.