OK, I used my Widow Maker for the first time in league last night. I am on the roster of a team, and 1 bowler couldn't make. So, I got the call. What I found:
First, this is a second shift league. The first league is a bunch of house ball rollers, and the oil is everywhere. You don't know what condition you will find until you hit the lane. I rolled a practice with my normal ball, then changed because I felt the Widow Maker could go longer and around the straight bowler tracks.
1. This ball did carry long. I stood 30 and rolled out to 5 at the break. Then, like a truck, it turned and hit, and hard. I had very few light hits. Most were solid pockets.
2. The only real surprises were a couple of 9-pins when the ball came in too strong.
3. The ball handled the used lanes really well. I stayed outside ot the track area and it came back every time.
4. Spare shooting was my concern, as with this strong backend, I didn't know where to play. So, I relied on my spare ball for most. Missed only 2 10-pins to the left all night. So, pretty clean for me.
5. I see this ball as slightly stronger then the Black Diamond that I used to roll, but goes longer. It is a particle-pearl hybrid cover.
6. the ball gave me confidence and easily repeated a shot.
&. I can swing this ball and rely on it coming back.
Summary: I now have a Terminator for Heavy, an XTreme Damage for medium to heavy, and the Widow Maker for those shots that are spent or used.
Oh, 658 on a poor condition.
1 more lesser reactive L/M ball would fit for those light lanes, but I don't see that very much.
Edited by Dennis Michael (12/24/10 02:21 PM)
LM - Black Diamond 15#
Lord Field - Exodus Pearl 15#
Legends - L/M New Terminator 15#
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl