BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#141819 - 12/19/10 07:37 PM new vid
6_ball_man Offline
2X Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 60/m/downtown churchville
My brother and I practicing Friday.

Notes: I am fighting a sore elbow (injured at work) and a fit issue that I am going to run an experiment on an old ball I trust. Right now I think the span is too short. I bowl on Saturdays in this house and cannot get left of the 8 board, so this is a seriously burnt condition.

I am on the right, the bro' is on the left. Comment if you wish.

Hammer Onyx Vibe (original)
Rotogrip Winner - box
Elite Gold Label
Storm Polar Ice - 4k+polish

equipment list too

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#141867 - 12/20/10 03:27 AM Re: new vid [Re: 6_ball_man]
mikhial66 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 20/M/FL
The biggest problem I see is that you take 6 steps but push off on the third. You're a step late because of that. First work on timing and then we can find other things in your game to work on. Getting in time should change your game a lot. Other than that work on staying behind the ball and bending your knees at the line.
Python
Midnight Vibe
T-Zone (Spare)
Copperhead(THS Ball)

#141873 - 12/20/10 04:22 AM Re: new vid [Re: 6_ball_man]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Your push away is off to the right which causes you to wrap the ball behind your back. Try to keep the ball in line with your head and right foot, The ball should be over your right foot at the end of the push away. You can freeze the frame and see that the entire ball is to the right of your head.

#142338 - 12/25/10 01:32 PM Re: new vid [Re: CoachJim]
6_ball_man Offline
2X Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 60/m/downtown churchville
Originally Posted By: mikhial66
The biggest problem I see is that you take 6 steps but push off on the third. You're a step late because of that. First work on timing and then we can find other things in your game to work on. Getting in time should change your game a lot. Other than that work on staying behind the ball and bending your knees at the line.

I am not sure what you are driving at here. 4 step approach start with 1st step, 5 step approach start with 2nd step. 6 step approach start with 3rd step. Did I mess up the arithmetic somehow?

It is a constant struggle for me waiting on the ball. My most common error is "going early." The knee bend may be gone for good, but maybe not. Left hip replaced in 2005. To be honest, there is more bend in these frames than I expected to see. I definitely pop up at the end, even when inside I do not feel it. That is how ingrained that bad habit is. Thanks for the response.

Originally Posted By: CoachJim
Your push away is off to the right which causes you to wrap the ball behind your back. Try to keep the ball in line with your head and right foot, The ball should be over your right foot at the end of the push away. You can freeze the frame and see that the entire ball is to the right of your head.

That I see, and it is not unintentional, as I am swinging it right a bit. If I keep the drop in line with my right foot how will I be able to clear my (considerable) hip? As you can see, I try to cross over with my steps with the right foot. It doesn't always happen or work as sometimes I find myself right of where I intended to land at the foul line anywhere from 3-7 boards. My line up math allows for 2 boards of drift, but if it is any more than that, I get into trouble. Any suggestions?
I can understand moving my head so it is over the swing slot though. Thanks for bringing that up. I will try to fix it.

Edited by 6_ball_man (12/25/10 01:37 PM)
Hammer Onyx Vibe (original)
Rotogrip Winner - box
Elite Gold Label
Storm Polar Ice - 4k+polish

equipment list too

#142364 - 12/26/10 08:52 AM Re: new vid [Re: 6_ball_man]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Quote:
That I see, and it is not unintentional, as I am swinging it right a bit. If I keep the drop in line with my right foot how will I be able to clear my (considerable) hip? As you can see, I try to cross over with my steps with the right foot. It doesn't always happen or work as sometimes I find myself right of where I intended to land at the foul line anywhere from 3-7 boards. My line up math allows for 2 boards of drift, but if it is any more than that, I get into trouble. Any suggestions?
I can understand moving my head so it is over the swing slot though. Thanks for bringing that up. I will try to fix it.

Try moving your head into the swing slot and keeping the ball under your head and take another video and we will go on from there.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 05/25/20 06:01 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.