BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#142166 - 12/22/10 08:15 PM Camcorder
GBuck426 Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 51/M/NY
My GF is buying me a camcorder for a x-mas gift, so I can record myself bowling, in order to improve my game and to send them out for coaching responses. Which would you guys who have posted vids recommend?

Previously, I used the Kodak Zi6 pocket videocamera and it was decent, but I would like some that shows my entire body in the stance (with this one my head was cut off), be able to see my release clearly (especially since some of the place I bowl are not brightly lit) and have good playback quality (HD) and last but not least, not be too expensive.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#142241 - 12/23/10 03:22 PM Re: Camcorder [Re: GBuck426]
BowlerBob Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 40/Pittsburgh, PA
Personally, I'd stay away frrom the low end cameras. Too many bad reviews, esp on the Flip. I didn't want to risk paying $100+ just to have it stop working just outside it's warranty.

If you can, wait and save for a good camcorder.

Nomad Pearl 1200 grit
Dark Star Step Two
Rapid Fire 800 + polish
Ebonite Pin Slasher grey scotch (~800)

Innovative 1/2 hp Spinner

I could be wrong smile

#142275 - 12/23/10 11:04 PM Re: Camcorder [Re: GBuck426]
6_ball_man Offline
2X Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 60/m/downtown churchville
I am using a Zi8 right now. It is capable of full HD (1040), but at 720 it can record at 60 frames per second. Normal is 24. When you slow down something recorded at higher frame rate, the video is less blurry. It was cheap...<$130. It isn't bad from behind, but to record the side image I had to set the tripod several pairs away to get all of me into the shot. I haven't tried recording from in front yet but I will soon.
Hammer Onyx Vibe (original)
Rotogrip Winner - box
Elite Gold Label
Storm Polar Ice - 4k+polish

equipment list too

#142293 - 12/24/10 04:11 AM Re: Camcorder [Re: GBuck426]
ebon betta Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 54/m/nyc /ny2
let me know how well the Zi8 works when you do I may buy one then.
I need a camcorder to film myself.
Amazon.com lists them around $98

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 4 seconds ago
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.