BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#141938 - 12/20/10 07:44 PM Storm Natural Pearl Review
DocLogic77 Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: m/37/ky
As my release has improved my need for a weaker ball has increased. The VGs, Missions etc are just a bit strong for me on our oil patterns. So, I had one of these drilled up and my initial impression was very positive. This is a urethane ball and I really like the roll. I doubt it's for everyone as I have slower ball speed and I'm a stroker. But, I love the consistant movement. It's very forgiving, much more so than any of my reactive balls. The closest is the c-system 2.5. It's not going to hook snap....just makes a nice even hook throughout the course of the shot. It maintains it's energy well and hits harder than I expected. I am very pleased with this ball as it has allowed me to play the lines I am most comfortable with while not sacrificing too much umph. This ball is a thumbs up for me.

Edited by DocLogic77 (12/20/10 07:45 PM)
Storm Virtual Gravity #15
Columbia Bedlam #15
Storm Natural Pearl #15
--------------------------
Current Average-185
High Game-259 (5/4/11)
High Series-690 (5/4/11)
First Clean Game-1/13/11-204, second 234 (1/17/11)

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#141958 - 12/20/10 10:41 PM Re: Storm Natural Pearl Review [Re: DocLogic77]
spillup24 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: Philadelphia, PA
Nice....Have you thrown the Storm Natual (not pearl) at all? I have it and like it a lot on a burned up pattern. I also use it for my single pin spares. I am just curious to see what the difference between both Naturals are. I will assume the Pearl version is weaker?

#141963 - 12/20/10 11:48 PM Re: Storm Natural Pearl Review [Re: spillup24]
DocLogic77 Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: m/37/ky
Originally Posted By: spillup24
Nice....Have you thrown the Storm Natual (not pearl) at all? I have it and like it a lot on a burned up pattern. I also use it for my single pin spares. I am just curious to see what the difference between both Naturals are. I will assume the Pearl version is weaker?

I haven't. But, I use the pearl in the same fashion as yourself. Actually, I can use it on fresh oil from the 10 down the 5...or I move in on the medium and the fried lanes. It's extremely versitile. It's not too much ball for fried lanes if I just watch how much hand I put into it. I also use it for my spares with my spare release. It's possible for me to only use this ball on all my shots. Not to mention I don't have to worry about it burning up like the reactive balls. I'm sold on this ball.
Storm Virtual Gravity #15
Columbia Bedlam #15
Storm Natural Pearl #15
--------------------------
Current Average-185
High Game-259 (5/4/11)
High Series-690 (5/4/11)
First Clean Game-1/13/11-204, second 234 (1/17/11)

#142361 - 12/26/10 02:17 AM Re: Storm Natural Pearl Review [Re: DocLogic77]
evilash71 Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 40/M/ TX
whats your speed like. Ive been told a urethane would not work for me because i have 19mph speed and around 285 revs.
#14 MUTANT CELL PEARL
#14 ROTO DARK STAR
#14 ROTO RISING STAR
#14 ROTO OUTLAW
#14 ROTO GRENADE
#14 T ZONE SPAREBALL
#14 Storm Frantic

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - Yesterday at 06:01 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.