BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#141789 - 12/19/10 01:28 PM Re: Here is some bowling [Re: Taylor S.]
Taylor S. Offline
Regional Pro Contender

A/S/L: 19/M/ Williamsport, PA
The shot did end up brooklyn. but I see how that would happen. is that just somthing that i need to think about? or is there some sort of drill i can do to help fix it?
15# C System 3.5
16# Yankee Doodle Spare Ball. "Captain America"
15# Storm IQ Pearl
High game 300
high series 726
Average: 203

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#141794 - 12/19/10 03:00 PM Re: Here is some bowling [Re: Taylor S.]
trekguy Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 56/M/Mn
Originally Posted By: Taylor S.
The shot did end up brooklyn. but I see how that would happen. is that just somthing that i need to think about? or is there some sort of drill i can do to help fix it?

Not so much a drill... more of a mind set. Think smooth, think easy, think swing the ball, not force the ball. You can snap your wrist at the end all you want, but the swing up to the release point should be nice and easy. Gravity. Free, easy swing... then snap it off. Bend your knee, and stay there til the ball is half way down the lane. You will find your roll is better, and hitting your target will be easier and more consistent.
Motiv Venom Shock
Motiv Arctic Sniper
Motiv Tank

#141834 - 12/19/10 09:58 PM Re: Here is some bowling [Re: Taylor S.]
Taylor S. Offline
Regional Pro Contender

should i just stay lower? it feels in my mind that if i stay lower though the whole thing, that my balance will be a little better, and might keep me from turning.
And im just wondering, how off is my swing to release from being free and easy?
15# C System 3.5
15# Storm IQ Pearl
High game 300
high series 726

#141840 - 12/19/10 10:08 PM Re: Here is some bowling [Re: Taylor S.]
trekguy Offline
Virtual League Champion

should i just stay lower? it feels in my mind that if i stay lower though the whole thing, that my balance will be a little better, and might keep me from turning.
And im just wondering, how off is my swing to release from being free and easy?

Yeah, you don't want to stand up at the point of release. You want your butt down. and your knee bent, and shoulders up. That's the power position.

It looks to me like you start to torque the ball as it's coming down... about waist high or just below. This is when your shoulder starts to pull through, and your body turns as well. Wait for the ball to get to your ankle... then wrap it.
Motiv Venom Shock
Motiv Arctic Sniper
Motiv Tank

#141844 - 12/19/10 10:15 PM Re: Here is some bowling [Re: Taylor S.]
Taylor S. Offline
Regional Pro Contender

with keeping lower. will i be able to keep the foot speed? because thats where my ball speed is. or will that need to change.
15# C System 3.5
15# Storm IQ Pearl
High game 300
high series 726

#141850 - 12/19/10 11:02 PM Re: Here is some bowling [Re: Taylor S.]
trekguy Offline
Virtual League Champion

with keeping lower. will i be able to keep the foot speed? because thats where my ball speed is. or will that need to change.

Should be fine.
Motiv Venom Shock
Motiv Arctic Sniper
Motiv Tank

#141870 - 12/20/10 03:47 AM Re: Here is some bowling [Re: Taylor S.]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
You might need to slow down until you get the hang of it like I said, then gradually speed back up to normal if you can. Don't get caught up in trying to go fast for the sake of ball speed, this might be why you are twisting because you are trying to catch the ball up to your feet. Slow down and stay lower and see if you aren't in a better position and more consistent. If so I can give you ways to get your ball speed back up besides running to the line.

#141916 - 12/20/10 02:34 PM Re: Here is some bowling [Re: CoachJim]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Originally Posted By: CoachJim
You might need to slow down until you get the hang of it like I said, then gradually speed back up to normal if you can. Don't get caught up in trying to go fast for the sake of ball speed, this might be why you are twisting because you are trying to catch the ball up to your feet. Slow down and stay lower and see if you aren't in a better position and more consistent. If so I can give you ways to get your ball speed back up besides running to the line.

Agreed, I believe the reason your body twists, your slide foot turns to the right, as well as the rearing up at the line all have to do with your speed. You are too quick to the line right now and it is causing you to pull the ball all the way through the swing. This contorts the body and forces you to bind up in order to create speed.

Try to relax and slow down as CoachJim mentioned in order to get your body into a better position at the line. Once you can stay stable (and down) at release, then you can begin to add speed. Just remember speed is added more in the power step than in the arm so use a strong push into a solid position at the line and your speed will be there, without all the jerky motions.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#142317 - 12/24/10 03:29 PM Re: Here is some bowling [Re: Taylor S.]
JayhawksFan Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 17/M/kansas city
My advice to you would be to slow down and not try to crank the hell out of the ball. When you try to throw a big powerful hook with tons of revs you lose a lot of your control and ability to hit your spots. I use to throw about 17 -18 mph and averaged around 190. This year I cut it way back to about 14mph and my average is up 17 pins. Give your ball a chance to grabb the lane and let it do the work for you.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 05/25/20 06:01 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.