BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#139159 - 11/13/10 05:36 PM new video
johnny2times Offline
Junior Coach

A/S/L: 49/m/pa
[invalid link]

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#139166 - 11/13/10 07:35 PM Re: new video [Re: johnny2times]
johnny2times Offline
Junior Coach

I've done this before but I can't remember how I downloaded it

#139169 - 11/13/10 08:01 PM Re: new video [Re: johnny2times]
johnny2times Offline
Junior Coach

#139172 - 11/13/10 09:15 PM Re: new video [Re: johnny2times]
ryanfeia Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 26/M/Wisconsin
I approve of your theme music!
Victory Road Solid
Reign Supreme
Brunswick Plastic

Fall 2011 Stats
THS AVG:192.00
Sport AVG: 179.00
HG:279 HS:693

"Stop Whining, Go Practice!"

#139182 - 11/14/10 12:11 AM Re: new video [Re: johnny2times]
Brian Longo Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37/M/Jacksonville, NC
What I see:

Very good tempo and solid foundation. Nothing looks rushed and everything is fluid...until you get to your downswing. Now, your power step and slide is great. You have good balance and are pretty quiet at the line (no head jerking, no instability with your legs).

Here's your problem - it looks like you're pulling the ball through your downswing which makes you come out of the side of the ball, almost topping it. I took some still shots of your video to illustrate:

Shot 1 where you crossed over:

Shot 2 where you went flush on the nose and left the big 4:

Shot 3 where you had a light strike:

Shot 4 where you left the light 7:

In all 4 of these, you can see your hand coming out of the side and top of the ball at your ankle. In the last 3, around shoulder level, you're still behind the ball. The first one, you're starting to come around the ball around your shoulders. In the 4th one, the first image shows where you want to be throughout most of your swing - behind the ball.

From what I can see, you mainly need to work on getting around the ball later. Again, this suggests you're trying to "make the ball move" instead of just letting your hand come through the ball. It's simple in theory but hard in practice, but just try staying behind the ball until the last second and then allowing your hand's natural movement to get you out of the ball. See what happens.

Attachments
shot 1.png

shot 2.png

shot 3.png

shot 4.png

#139185 - 11/14/10 12:51 AM Re: new video [Re: johnny2times]
spr3wr Offline
USBC Bronze Level Coach

A/S/L: 54/m/MICHIGAN
Improve your start
1) Get the ball into the swing earlier.On your 2nd step (5 step approach) the ball should be at least down to your waist line.

2)Transfer the weight to your sliding foot at release. Watch your video,in the back view you can see your trail leg foot drag,sometimes bounces across getting into position. Too much weight on the back foot at the release point.From the side video your body has just a little forward lean during the release point.

High series 810
Current ave. 213

#139191 - 11/14/10 02:59 AM Re: new video [Re: johnny2times]
Brian Longo Offline
Legend

Initially I didn't think his timing was that bad, but I think you're right, spr3wr, it is lagging a little. Might explain what I saw, too. Good call.

#139195 - 11/14/10 04:36 AM Re: new video [Re: johnny2times]
johnny2times Offline
Junior Coach

Thanks guys. Whenever I try to get the ball into the swing sooner my feet speed up. I'm that off at the finish that I need to start the ball sooner?

#139196 - 11/14/10 05:20 AM Re: new video [Re: johnny2times]
johnny2times Offline
Junior Coach

Look at my hand position at 0.53 is that a better release. Im always more relaxed on spares for some reason.

#139198 - 11/14/10 05:29 AM Re: new video [Re: johnny2times]
Brian Longo Offline
Legend

Yeah
Originally Posted By: johnny2times
Thanks guys. Whenever I try to get the ball into the swing sooner my feet speed up. I'm that off at the finish that I need to start the ball sooner?

Yeah, the more I watch it, the more I see what spr3wr is seeing - you're about 1/2 to 3/4 of a step slow. You need to push the ball out as you start your second step. As it stands, you're pushing it out about when your 2nd step lands.

You can work on this at home without a ball in your hand. After your shuffle step (first step), push your hands out as you take your second step. You'll need to do this for a while. Just do the pushaway with your left leg until it feels comfortable. Then add to it - put in your third step and repeat (1, 2, 3), then add the 4th (1, 2, 3, 4) and 5th (1, 2, 3, 4, 5). Like I said, this is something you can do at home and not have to worry about other bowlers, score, or anything else.

Now, as far as your feet getting too fast, a suggestion I've given other bowlers is think of a slow song before you get up and bowl and tap along to it - something with about a 60-70 beat per minute tempo. This usually works for me and might work for you as well. If not, keep trying other things that might slow you down. There's not just one way to do it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by 6_ball_man - Yesterday at 06:08 AM
For the good of the sport?
by BOSStull - 06/16/18 06:39 PM
what will become of AMF
by Dennis Michael - 06/10/18 05:29 AM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by wronghander - 05/27/18 05:03 PM
no one on for 5 days
by 82Boat69 - 05/23/18 04:38 PM
True Motion vs. Black Widow Urethane
by Mkirchie - 05/20/18 07:28 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.