BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#138483 - 11/02/10 02:07 PM Nomad Dagger Review
Jmartin27407 Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 30/M/Orlando FL
Layout
50 x 3 1/2 x 30
P1 hole
box surface

This layout is my benchmark symmetrical layout. I have used this on a Nomad Solid and a Riot that I have had success with. I tested this ball on the 39 foot Middle Road pattern by Kegel.

Initially I noticed how much more angular this ball is than my Nomad Solid and Riot with the same layout. On the fresh I was able to play a little straighter due to the fact that I was able to get the ball to clear the fronts so easily. Starting around 13 at the arrows I was able to get ball to 7 at the the end of the pattern where the Dagger then made an extremely strong angular move. After bowling for about 20 minutes the ball started seeing the friction too early, my moves ended up being bigger than I would normally make. 5 and 3's seemed to be the best move to make due to the fact if I opened my angles to the friction I created the ball just went immediately left. I then compared this ball to the new Theory, on the fresh I was about 5 boards farther right at the arrows but was able to use the same exit point at the end of the pattern. The biggest difference was that I didn't have to move as fast with the Dagger, I could stay in one place for a longer period of time with out the ball seeing the friction too early. Comparing it to the Nomad solid I was just slightly right of it, but the entry angle was much sharper.

The Nomad Dagger is a great addition to already great Sword Line. If fits in between the Nomad Solid and Nomad Pearl nicely. This ball is a great choice for me when the lanes are transitioning and carry down is present.

Edited by Jmartin27407 (11/02/10 02:09 PM)
Titusville FL

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#138496 - 11/02/10 05:54 PM Re: Nomad Dagger Review [Re: Jmartin27407]
Norm3v Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 34 M NJ US
Thanks for the review Jimmy!

I'm looking for a nice benchmark ball that can clear the heads easy but stay strong in the midlane with a nice backend finish, but not so skid snappy. I currently have a Mission, Mutant Cell Pearl, and Reign and would like something in between the Reign and the MCP. I've checked out every ball in this range and I keep coming back to the Nomad Solid. Do you think the Dagger would be a little too much of a skid snap ball considering what I already throw? I throw about 280 revs, 17 mph, higher axis tilt, and usually throw about 20 to 5.

Also, when is the video coming? lol
- Lucid
- Tropical Heat Pearl (Red/Blue)

High Game: 300 (2)
High Series: 758
Average: 210

#138513 - 11/03/10 06:14 AM Re: Nomad Dagger Review [Re: Jmartin27407]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Jimmy, is this a hybrid cover, or something new?

#138523 - 11/03/10 11:41 AM Re: Nomad Dagger Review [Re: Norm3v]
Jmartin27407 Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 30/M/Orlando FL
Originally Posted By: Norm3v

I'm looking for a nice benchmark ball that can clear the heads easy but stay strong in the midlane with a nice backend finish, but not so skid snappy. I currently have a Mission, Mutant Cell Pearl, and Reign and would like something in between the Reign and the MCP. I've checked out every ball in this range and I keep coming back to the Nomad Solid. Do you think the Dagger would be a little too much of a skid snap ball considering what I already throw? I throw about 280 revs, 17 mph, higher axis tilt, and usually throw about 20 to 5.

Jim - It is a hybrid cover, no changes in the core.

Norm - Depending on how high your tilt is it could work. I like the idea of a Dagger in your arsenal since you don't currently have a hybrid cover. It will definitively give you something different. Just make sure with the layout you use smaller ratios to help burn off some of the tilt
(ex 30x4.5x60). This will help keep the ball from going sideways.

Titusville FL

#138541 - 11/03/10 09:45 PM Re: Nomad Dagger Review [Re: CoachJim]
evilash71 Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 40/M/ TX
I had spoken to Jimmy about this a month ago. Hybrid cover.
#14 MUTANT CELL PEARL
#14 ROTO DARK STAR
#14 ROTO RISING STAR
#14 ROTO OUTLAW
#14 ROTO GRENADE
#14 T ZONE SPAREBALL
#14 Storm Frantic

#138548 - 11/03/10 10:57 PM Re: Nomad Dagger Review [Re: Jmartin27407]
Norm3v Offline
Virtual League Champion

Thanks for the help again Jimmy! You helped me in the past on Youtube with my MCP and it worked out great. I'm gonna have to ask Santa, I mean my wife if I can get it for Xmas.
- Lucid

#138583 - 11/04/10 03:35 PM Re: Nomad Dagger Review [Re: Norm3v]
J_w73 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37/M/Northern CA

How bout the Reign Supreme??

Book Average 220

#138587 - 11/04/10 04:23 PM Re: Nomad Dagger Review [Re: J_w73]
Norm3v Offline
Virtual League Champion

Originally Posted By: J_w73

How bout the Reign Supreme??

Totally agree, I've just been a little Storm heavy lately and want to test some other stuff. I know that RG is owned by Storm and Hank is pretty much the brain behing all of their stuff, but I like the out of the box thinking on their cores so I'm inclined to try their stuff especially after the success of my MCP. I say all of that, but I'll probably end up getting a Reign Supreme because I've had my eye on it ever since I heard it was coming out lol. I think I need to see or read some comparisons of the Dagger to the Reign Supreme to see what direction to go in. I'm huge on carry, so if one has the edge in that I'm there.
- Lucid

#141934 - 12/20/10 07:02 PM Re: Nomad Dagger Review [Re: Norm3v]
7pinstandin Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 33/M/Conroe,TX
Totally agree, I've just been a little Storm heavy lately and want to test some other stuff. I know that RG is owned by Storm and Hank is pretty much the brain behing all of their stuff, but I like the out of the box thinking on their cores so I'm inclined to try their stuff especially after the success of my MCP. I say all of that, but I'll probably end up getting a Reign Supreme because I've had my eye on it ever since I heard it was coming out lol. I think I need to see or read some comparisons of the Dagger to the Reign Supreme to see what direction to go in. I'm huge on carry, so if one has the edge in that I'm there.

anything new on this? i am looking at these two also. they seem to be the same to me.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - Yesterday at 06:01 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.