BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#138602 - 11/05/10 01:33 AM Re: Theory Review [Re: Jmartin27407]
J_w73 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 37/M/Northern CA
Originally Posted By: Jmartin27407
I see your sweet spot at 90 degrees - using 1:1 ratios due to your above average axis rotation. I would lower the angle sum for a slingshot due to the weaker cover. So
40 x 3 1/4 x 40 is what i would recommend for your slingshot. The core of the slingshot is a very low diff core, this ball is not going to flare a lot as it is so I would use a higher flaring pin. This will help you burn off some of the axis rotation. Also I can't see the link you posted it says it is private.

I had my pictured on private for some reason. There are some pics of the cell I got rid of because I didn't like it.
As far as the axis rotation.. With the way my stuff is drilled now I have to have a larger degree of axis rotation or else my stuff just transitions too quickly and rolls out and has nothing for the backend..
That is the reason I think I want to go with shorter pin to paps and lover VAL angle..
I was planning on drilling my slingshot with a similar layout to what you suggested

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Book Average 220

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#138937 - 11/10/10 08:50 AM Re: Theory Review [Re: Jmartin27407]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
Jimmy,

How does the theory compare to the Mission? I have a Mission with a 60 x 4.5 x 40 layout, P2.5ish hole. I had a Cell that I redrilled from a 20x5.5x90 layout to 50x4x30 P3, to try to be my heavy stuff ball, but it just has nothing on the backend... and it's not for lack of oil on the patterns I've tried it on. It is weaker now than it was before I plugged. Anywhoo, I'd like to throw that drilling on a stronger ball than the Mission, and I was wondering if you think the Theory would fit that bill?

(The drillings were recommended by Mo - specs are ~17-18mph off hand, ~270rpm, ~10* tilt, ~30* rotation, though I can adjust speed and axis rotation fairly easily)

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#138940 - 11/10/10 09:41 AM Re: Theory Review [Re: cgeorg]
Jmartin27407 Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 30/M/Orlando FL
Originally Posted By: cgeorg
Jimmy,

How does the theory compare to the Mission? I have a Mission with a 60 x 4.5 x 40 layout, P2.5ish hole. I had a Cell that I redrilled from a 20x5.5x90 layout to 50x4x30 P3, to try to be my heavy stuff ball, but it just has nothing on the backend... and it's not for lack of oil on the patterns I've tried it on. It is weaker now than it was before I plugged. Anywhoo, I'd like to throw that drilling on a stronger ball than the Mission, and I was wondering if you think the Theory would fit that bill?

(The drillings were recommended by Mo - specs are ~17-18mph off hand, ~270rpm, ~10* tilt, ~30* rotation, though I can adjust speed and axis rotation fairly easily)

From what I can tell the Theory is stronger than the Mission, especially in the midlane. The Missions I have drilled for people seem to have a fairly angular look for that type of ball. Since it looks like you are speed dominate in your specs I would look at a Theory due to it being stronger in the mids. I think you will be amazed how good this ball is!
Titusville FL

#141497 - 12/16/10 10:34 AM Re: Theory Review [Re: Jmartin27407]
Dan300 Offline
Regional Pro Contender

A/S/L: 40s/M/Woodbridge, VA
Picked up my new Theory yesterday and bowled league last night. Oh, my. This ball is so smooth and forgiving, especially after my experience with the relatively jumpy and unpredictable Mutant. When I made a good shot I was rewarded with a strike, unlike the Mutant which has carry issues unless there's a lot of oil. The Theory also has a nice predictable late dive into the pocket. Shot 248 with it my last game.

This is now my go-to ball. The Mutant has its place but is not my every day ball. The Theory will eventually replace my Rogue, but that time hasn't come yet. For now I'll have to decide whether to carry both in my bag.
300s: 13 total

Season (14-15):
----
HSS: 822
HSG: 300(2)

Averages(1/8/15):
----
Composite: 225
WMCL: 235
Stan Soaper: 219
Men's Automotive: 220

Balls(15#):
----
HyperCell Skid
HyperCell
Infinite Theory
Wrecker

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Quitting my League
by Mkirchie - Yesterday at 10:19 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.