BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#135925 - 09/23/10 01:02 AM A vid update
GunsTariq Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 25/M/Gwynn Oak, MD
I am a firm believer of taking baby steps so one can always find me working backwards to personally try and feel and understand the right mechanics compared to higher level players.

The first video I am doing the balance arm drill at the foul line, and I am doing it through a one step drill. I am trying to understand what it feels like to have the ball close to the ankle so I can learn and apply it full speed later on.

The second video is me trying shots at full speed to see if I am getting a better look and understanding of how to properly propel with the balance arm only and not anything else.

I thought some shots were good but I know I still need work. You all be the judge to see if the baby steps are working.

Also decided to add another video to this as well from earlier today

Like it or not, bad strikes keep continues strings.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#135927 - 09/23/10 01:13 AM Re: An vid update [Re: GunsTariq]
browngl06 Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 28/male/ Alabama
Well I am no coach, and not usually a good judge, but I think you do a lot of things right. My coments would be in the one step approach, your balance arm is bent and close to the body so you are not getting the full effect of the balance arm. In the last video you seem to have it extended more than in the one step approach. I think you should try having it fully extended and then bring it across at the shot for balance. The only other thing I can see is that your push out seems a little late. You have a 5 step, but you are not putting the ball into motion until the end of the 2nd step instead of at the start.
15# Storm Reign
15# Storm Street Rod
15# Elite Plastic Spare Ball

HG: 288
HS: 717
Current avg. 201

#135934 - 09/23/10 06:57 AM Re: An vid update [Re: GunsTariq]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
In a 5 step delivery the way to tell if a bowler is in time is if the ball has cleared the right hip when the 3rd step (2nd left foot step in a 5 step delivery), compresses. There are other check points like when the slide foot is in line with the heel of the power step, going into the slide, the ball should start heading down from the top of the back swing. When the slide foot stops the ball should be entering the release zone and the thumb starts exiting the ball.

It all starts when the right foot moves the balance arm moves the ball up and forward into the swing. When the right heel hits the floor the balance hand pours the weight of the ball into the bowling hand and the ball drops into the swing as the right toe compresses. The ball swings back as the left leg moves forward and the ball passes the hip as the left foot compresses.

#136458 - 09/30/10 11:01 AM Re: An vid update [Re: GunsTariq]
IBowlPaul1969 Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 41, M, Fort Wayne
You have a pretty strong release, and you look like you are in balance at the foul line for most of your shots. Your timing is just a touch off, the problem looks like you are using your muscles in your bowling arm and shoulder. You also have your wrist cupped in the set up and try to keep it cupped throughout your swing, this restricts your arm swing and tightens the muscles in your forearm.

Try this: Set up with your wrist flat or slightly broken back, let the weight of the ball rest in your left hand, keeping your right arm totally loose. Push away with your left hand, dropping the ball into the swing when your right foot touches down (2nd step for 5 steppers, first for 4 steppers). You will feel like you have to speed your feet up, fight this feeling, just walk at your normal speed. The results should be better timing, better leverage and more ball speed.

GOOD LUCK!

Dexter SST shoes
Brunswick balls 15#

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Belmo and the 2020 US Open
by champ - 02/25/20 02:22 PM
This is a damned shame
by champ - 02/24/20 06:12 PM
What to do?
by Mkirchie - 02/01/20 07:45 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.