BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#135704 - 09/20/10 10:57 AM My "Storm See Your Game" Results
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Hello all,

I recently participated in Storm's "See Your Game" Program at one of my local centers. It was a ball test program date run by Ralph Solan and I had the option of having him break down my game. If you would like to see his comments, some still pictures, as well as video comparisons with my game versus many of the pro's games click here:

http://storm.seeyourgame.com/clientsplash.asp?STB6814692

By clicking on "See your images" you can see the pictures from the video, as well as Ralphs comments that are both written and audio in some of the stills.

By clicking on "See your videos" you can select some of the pro's from the drop down on the right pane and the video of me and the pro of your choice will sync up and play at the same time for comparing.

Let me know what you guys think!
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#135707 - 09/20/10 11:32 AM Re: My "Storm See Your Game" Results [Re: sk8shorty01]
JackZ Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 59/M/Cleveland, Ohio
sk8, that is awesome! I matched you up with Pete Weber and the similarity between your timing and his is scary. He has a slightly higher backswing, but both swings, steps and slides match up very well. What does it cost for something like that?

Better swing, more accuracy, and more spares.
A 200 avg. before summer.

#135709 - 09/20/10 11:42 AM Re: My "Storm See Your Game" Results [Re: JackZ]
MikeHL Offline

A/S/L: 34/M/da U.P. of Michigan, eh
And I did the same with Fagan just for the hell of it. smile

Great job, sk8, and nice to hear that he had very good things to say about you. I would imagine so with all those honor scores coming in. smile
-- Mika Koivuniemi

#135710 - 09/20/10 11:46 AM Re: My "Storm See Your Game" Results [Re: sk8shorty01]
sk8shorty01 Offline

The ball test program cost $15 and there were 11 different balls there (different models) and probably a total of about 45 total there.

The "See Your Game" was a $10 payment on top of that, not much of anything and well worth it, especially for me because I am working hard to get on staff with them this year. Because they ask the local reps if they have seen or heard of the bowlers that apply from their areas, I figured this was a good way to get myself noticed by Ralph as well as to get some tips from him as well. Hopefully now I can maintain my game as well as make a few improvements and begin to work my way towards representing Storm (or Roto).

Thanks for the compliments Jack and Mike, if you all happen to notice anything in my game you are more than welcome to point it out as well!
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6

#135712 - 09/20/10 11:54 AM Re: My "Storm See Your Game" Results [Re: sk8shorty01]
sk8shorty01 Offline

Jack, our timing is similar and you did point out his back swing is higher than mine. The only other glaring difference (besides the fact that he is a machine) is that he takes 6 steps to my 5.

Of course, I am in no way comparing myself to the physical skill of Pete Weber, I do not think I am even close to being able to touch the guys on tour, simply that you are correct that the timing is similar.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6

#135717 - 09/20/10 12:33 PM Re: My "Storm See Your Game" Results [Re: sk8shorty01]
JackZ Offline

A/S/L: 59/M/Cleveland, Ohio
Damn! and humble too;)

You're the man, Mike.

Better swing, more accuracy, and more spares.
A 200 avg. before summer.

#135718 - 09/20/10 12:35 PM Re: My "Storm See Your Game" Results [Re: JackZ]
sk8shorty01 Offline

Originally Posted By: JackZ
Damn! and humble too;)

You're the man, Mike.

Thanks Jack. The way I look at it is when you start feeling like you have earned "top tier" status you begin to let up and relax. If you are complacent it just means the rest of the field is gaining on you all the time.

I would rather be the one that is pushing myself to learn more, get better, and work harder than the others.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6

#135722 - 09/20/10 01:35 PM Re: My "Storm See Your Game" Results [Re: sk8shorty01]
fredboost Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 18/male/cali
nice and i like your swing
on the note of cup wrist is that a good think or bad...or depends on a person style

HS:767

#135725 - 09/20/10 01:43 PM Re: My "Storm See Your Game" Results [Re: sk8shorty01]
sk8shorty01 Offline

As he said in one of the "voice overs" (some of the stills have a play button to listen) the cupping isn't a bad thing for sure but in his opinion I could benefit from a slightly straighter wrist and a starting point a little higher up.

This should allow me to eliminate the muscle that is evident right as my balance arm comes away from the ball as it drops into the swing.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6

#135727 - 09/20/10 01:55 PM Re: My "Storm See Your Game" Results [Re: sk8shorty01]
fredboost Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 18/male/cali
ok that was the only question everything else is pretty good now i see i you have some many honor scores becasue of a nice shot......gives me motivation thumbsup

HS:767

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
End of Days
by steveA - Yesterday at 06:00 PM
Resurface is always a thrilling topic
by BOSStull - 10/04/19 06:17 PM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by BOSStull - 09/22/19 11:01 AM
USBC Rule 12
by BOSStull - 09/22/19 10:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.