BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 22 23 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#134779 - 09/08/10 10:10 AM Re: Team #8 ***** [Re: ijohn83]
Gemfire Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 48/F/Everett, WA
Thanks John. I started bowling when I was 5, and bowled in a junior league until I hit high school. I bowled in 2 or 3 adult leagues after that, but I stopped bowling once my daughter came along. She's now 22, and I came back to bowling about 18 months ago. Now I'm completely addicted!

High Game - 298
High Series - 733

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#134781 - 09/08/10 10:20 AM Re: Team #8 [Re: ijohn83]
Norm3v Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 34 M NJ US
Nice bowling there Gemfire. I moved from 16 to 15 lbs almost 2 years ago due to my back injury and it gave me so much more control. I really don't notice any carry issues. I'm seeing mostly everyone going down to 15 around here in northern jersey, and most pros have done it too.

As far as practice and changing bad habbits go, I used to be the same way years ago in that I would rather take the high score using bad habbits than a lower score trying to correct them. My biggest example is that since I was 9 years old I used to look down at the foul line during my approach. I always knew it held me back, but whenever I tried to look down at the arrows I did horrible. About 3 years ago I forced myself to do nothing but look at the arrows and boy did my game suffer for a long time, but it paid off in the end when my game was better than ever. My saying with breaking bad habbits is that you have to get worse before you can get better.
- Lucid
- Tropical Heat Pearl (Red/Blue)

High Game: 300 (2)
High Series: 758
Average: 210

#134807 - 09/08/10 03:44 PM Re: Team #8 [Re: ijohn83]
ijohn83 Offline
4x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 54/male/Palmdale, California U...
Well team here are my 1st weeks scores: 156, 182, & 199.

http://www.bowlsk.com/games/view-series.html?series=2952243

I really felt like I sucked, but I am still in the middle of trying to find my release (2 years & counting). I've just recently started bowling with the ball weight in the off hand and rotating it to the right in the push away. I've been working hard on the strike ball and now the spare ball is up in the air. Well such is life. Still had fun.

~ John

#134820 - 09/08/10 05:44 PM Re: Team #8 [Re: ijohn83]
Norm3v Offline
Virtual League Champion

Good bowling John, better to struggle early than later in the year, but those are good scores! I looked at your frames on that website, and from what see, I think your overthinking things a little bit lol. Its very easy to psych yourself out in this game and over analysing is one part of it.

I rarely ever give advice on how people bowl, just because I don't feel I'm qualified, but I noticed your only real issue is the ball going left off your hand. With the equipment you are throwing, just practice throwing it out or straight every shot and let the ball do some work. There's a good Norm duke instrucion video on youtube which I'm sure you've seen that shows how to open yourself up to your target. I'm struggling with my hand release too, but I shortened my span when I bought my mutant cell pearl and finally figured how to use my robbies revs 3 and I've tripled my revs. I went practicing last week and was standing on the 35 throwing at the 3 at 17 mphs and still finishing high, that's the most hook ever in my life!
- Lucid

#134827 - 09/08/10 07:27 PM Re: Team #8 [Re: Norm3v]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/Ohio
Here are my score's so much for consistency 165,188,201 This was practice we did not have league this week due to labor day (Monday night League). I like the fact for the past 2 weeks I have improved each game last year it was the opposite, stubbornness hurt my first game I knew there wasn't enough oil for my ball but did not change until the 7th frame.

Moved down to my Fast for the 2nd and 3rd game and got thing's rolling along. Second game was actually the best more pocket shots. 3rd game 1 through the nose strike's 2 Brooklyn's.

Oh yeah it would not let me report my scores either I will send a P.M.

I see IJohns marching along good bowling.Sorry Gem fire didn't notice your scores until after I posted, Please don't ever move to the sticks here in Ohio I don't want to lose my spot on my team to you lol

Edited by Rocket (09/08/10 07:30 PM)
Mutant Cell

#134829 - 09/08/10 08:00 PM Re: Team #8 [Re: Norm3v]
ijohn83 Offline

Originally Posted By: Norm3v
I think your overthinking things a little bit lol. Its very easy to psych yourself out in this game and over analysing is one part of it.

I rarely ever give advice on how people bowl, just because I don't feel I'm qualified, but I noticed your only real issue is the ball going left off your hand. With the equipment you are throwing, just practice throwing it out or straight every shot and let the ball do some work. There's a good Norm duke instrucion video on youtube which I'm sure you've seen that shows how to open yourself up to your target. I'm struggling with my hand release too, but I shortened my span when I bought my mutant cell pearl and finally figured how to use my robbies revs 3 and I've tripled my revs. I went practicing last week and was standing on the 35 throwing at the 3 at 17 mphs and still finishing high, that's the most hook ever in my life!

Please advice welcomed. I have watched Norm's Videos & that is what I have been working on. I am getting more comfortable with the opening up to the target, but it is also playing havoic with my spare game. If I leave myself "open" on a simple single pin I can miss by two balls width to the right! Along with six weeeks up "back-up" ball drill my wrist is loose enough to miss right very very easy. If I don't push or grab I am good but, alas, I insist on helping my down swing.

#134831 - 09/08/10 08:22 PM Re: Team #8 [Re: ijohn83]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/Ohio
That evil forcing the downswing! I hate it mines usually shows up after I string 2 or 3 strikes probably due to being ramped up knowing I found my groove. I even tell myself smooth and easy but aparently my bowling arm has a mind of its own.
Mutant Cell

#134832 - 09/08/10 08:34 PM Re: Team #8 [Re: Rocket]
ijohn83 Offline

Originally Posted By: Rocket
That evil forcing the downswing! I hate it mines usually shows up after I string 2 or 3 strikes probably due to being ramped up knowing I found my groove. I even tell myself smooth and easy but aparently my bowling arm has a mind of its own.

Yep - you know my pain!

#134867 - 09/09/10 12:15 AM Re: Team #8 [Re: ijohn83]
Gemfire Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 48/F/Everett, WA
Nice bowling John & Rocket! Looks like we're off to a good start. Rocket, I don't think you need to worry about me moving to Ohio. I'm quite happy here in the Northwest.

High Game - 298
High Series - 733

#134876 - 09/09/10 02:02 AM Re: Team #8 [Re: ijohn83]
Norm3v Offline
Virtual League Champion

Yea, if you play your strike game like your spare game then you will get all messed up. I treat my spare shooting completely different than my strike game. It's almost like I take my motion down to about 80% of my strike shot and muscle the ball a little bit more. I also go straight at anything right of the head pin by straightening my wrist and pounding it into the pin. If I put as much thought and effort into my spare shot as I do my strike shot I'd stress myself out and mess my back and knee up too much to finish 3 games. If you watch the pros, they take a lot off of their spare shot such as less follow through and notice their trail leg doesn't come around as much as their strike shot even if they throw it 90 mph. Yea, only open up on anything to the right of the head pin and if you want to throw your strike shot at your spares do it when the pins are in the middle.

Wow, so 2 people from the West, 2 from the Middle, and 1 from the East. At least bowling hasn't dried up in a region yet, even though we're down to only 6 million bowlers from 16 million in the last 10 to 15 years!
- Lucid

Page 3 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 22 23 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager, Richie V. 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Fin09 - 12/14/18 11:31 AM
New Pro Shop Near My House
by Mkirchie - 11/26/18 05:05 PM
Trying to keep my throw straight
by spr3wr - 11/24/18 08:49 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all
by djp1080 - 11/22/18 10:49 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.