BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#134125 - 08/30/10 09:09 AM Complaining to management as a league president
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 45 m
HI, myself and my teamate have been chosen as the presidents for our league, this is our first year... Our Monday night league scores get put on AMF web site, sadly it seems to take them nearly all week to get the scores updated. I am getting other bowlers annoyed and frustrated at this.. This is not the first time it has happened, and when I politely mentioned this to staff tonight, I got the "Don't blame us, were busy" or " They cut our shifts"... They don't seem to understand the importance of customer service... I don't wish to alienate myself, but I am also rather fed up with this, as I also get the bowlers complaints first hand.. I know that I couldn't get away with this level of complacency at my work, then again I value my customers...If AMF offers this online service, then they need to make sure they follow through with this.. Any suggestions???

I have promised the league I will send an email into the manager of our centre asking for some improvement... I guess I would appreciate any advice on how to handle this??

Kind regards from a humble league president..
Looseleftie

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#134129 - 08/30/10 09:58 AM Re: Complaining to management as a league president [Re: looseleftie]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
If this service is offered as part of your league lineage fee, ask for our money back.

I went through a year of Hell as the main Officer of a league, when the House was not responsive to the bowlers. I was stuck in the middle of bowlers complaining and the House not responding. A terrible year for me, that caused me to quit the league and not bowl in that house.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#134132 - 08/30/10 11:04 AM Re: Complaining to management as a league president [Re: looseleftie]
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

I'm feeling your pain Dennis...
I have drafted a letter of complaint up, and deciding whether I send it to AMF customer service dept.. I do not wish to be hated by staff everytime I go down for a bowl, but the complaints cannot continue to be ignored.... I had one staff member tonight say "We are too busy", followed by "They have cut our shifts"... I'm sorry, but not good enough, you are in a customer service industry... I played cricket and tennis on weekends for years, and the scores are ALWAYS in within and updated online with 48 hours at worst!!!

Confused...

#134138 - 08/30/10 11:38 AM Re: Complaining to management as a league president [Re: looseleftie]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Is the house considered the league secretary? If so, tell them that you could take on the paperwork as long as you get the secretary payment as you should.

This is, of course, assuming that you have the time and desire to take it on.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#134152 - 08/30/10 06:20 PM Re: Complaining to management as a league president [Re: looseleftie]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
You would need to find out who's responsibility it is to update and post the scores, then talk to that person directly. If you still don't get a satisfactory answer then go to the manager of the center and if things still aren't taken care of go to the regional manager or directly to corporate.

Of course I have a question that might change things. Is this something the center promised to have done, or something that is part of what you pay the center? Or is this just something the center does on it's own? If it's the latter, well there isn't much that can be done but if it's the former then the first paragraph should cover it.
HS:763

#134155 - 08/30/10 07:14 PM Re: Complaining to management as a league president [Re: looseleftie]
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

There is knowone directly responsible for putting in the weekly scores. This job can be given to anybody from AMF, sadly they do not take this small responsibility seriously. We pay our money each week, with the expectation that our scores will be updated. It is their responsibility, not the bowlers to keep scores up to date, especially over the last few years as they have down away with printouts/hard copy where they post up on the score table at back of centre displaying all league results. AMF have opted for going online with all league scores, was happy years ago with this, but now, frustrated, and am taking the heat from other fellow frustrated bowlers.

I guess its that feeling you get where u don't feel appreciated and respected as a league bowler which bites the most.. A most unsatifying feeling..

Now, I am preparing to call the manager today and discuss this further. Cross my fingers, that she will take on board what is being said, otherwise my drafted letter goes off to the "big wigs" at customer headquarters here.

#134157 - 08/30/10 08:02 PM Re: Complaining to management as a league president [Re: looseleftie]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
The center I bowl in has had printouts posted in the center in a long time, nor do they post it online. We find out where we are in the standings the day we show up for league. Want to know what lane you are on? That's posted on the standing sheet from the week before.

The way I see it, is unless the center/AMF has made specific promises/guarantees to have the standings updated, it's not really a valid gripe. To me, this is just an extra perk. The money paid to the center is for lineage and if you are paying them secretary/treasurer fees, to have the standing sheets and re-cap sheets ready on league night.
HS:763

#134174 - 08/31/10 02:04 AM Re: Complaining to management as a league president [Re: looseleftie]
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

Fair enough Calvin, may I ask u a question. Have u played other sports (weekend), when do they update scores and standings?.. I bet it doesn't take 6 days to update a weekly competition, at least it shouldn't..

Also, to not provide scores of league standings/indivual progress in the 21st century, seeing as how AMF is proud and promotes the online standings to prospective new league bowlers at my centre, does not seem very customer friendly. In fact is reeks on laziness..

Finally being a President, you do get the gripes and concerns of other league bowlers, who can at times lack in the social graces, and to let them loose in a rage on the front counter staff, seems a bit rough for the staff. Hence why I am getting involved and trying to do the right thing by the bowlers, as well as the staff. Just trying to keep the peace thats all..

The manager of my centre is coming in a few hours, I'll probably give her a polite phone call, and see how I go..

All I want to do is bowl, I put my hand up to fill in this year as president, due to previous president pulling out and a couple of irregular financial activites (which I won't go into here), just to keep everything rolling along... This problem has been an ongoing one, as many bowlers complain that when they go into the site, and check their scores they are never there.. If they can't get the online standings up to date, then provide a hard copy that can be placed up on a wall for all to see.. Thing is, they do neither...

We do not pay treasurer or secreatary/president, AMF handles the money, takes its fees, process the scores. The people who organise their end of season fun nights/dinner, fun give aways throughout the year, their trophies is yours truly!! I do it to help..

#134185 - 08/31/10 09:59 AM Re: Complaining to management as a league president [Re: looseleftie]
aoiten Offline
Legend

A/S/L: amerika ni sunde iru
Originally Posted By: looseleftie
...when do they update scores and standings?.. I bet it doesn't take 6 days to update a weekly competition, at least it shouldn't..

I asked for league standings 5 days after league. The numbers had not been entered. The guy at the desk offered to input the data for my league. It took him 5 minutes. (My team is still in 4th!)

When we were in the night before, we asked for the league sheet so we could get the new averages for a no-tap tournament. The manager told us that he would enter the data in the next day or two. Two more days and it would have been the 6th day; one day before league.

#134540 - 09/05/10 06:39 AM Re: Complaining to management as a league president [Re: looseleftie]
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

Hi all,

I spoke with manager at AMF, after speaking to a friend who has friend or two in the know about the operational side of AMF and their centres and leagues.. Bottom line, I got a bullship response from the manager, at the time I happily acknowledged the managers response, as I felt that I had been heard as president.. To then chat with my friend about it a day or so later, with my friend commenting that I have just been lied to... I believe my friend, who has friends in the business, and are far more likely to believe him than this manager..

I'm really peeved off, as I take the heat from other complaining bowlers on many issues, not just scores not being updated, to help out staff so they are not being yelled at on a regular basis.. Stuff em!!!

Any suggestions here, whether I should confront manager and her lies , become hated by staff, or forget about all of it and just bowl , or quit presidency..

I am annoyed and disappointed..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Leading with the ring finger...
by djp1080 - 08/19/19 10:21 PM
2019 Summer Leagues
by Dennis Michael - 08/15/19 08:37 AM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by Dennis Michael - 08/13/19 07:06 PM
Last Online 10 days ago
by BOSStull - 08/10/19 10:03 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.