BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#133940 - 08/26/10 11:40 AM My Updated Vids
GBuck426 Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 51/M/NY
Hi,

I took some vids the other day. Please let me know what you think I still need to work on. This is an update to the vids I sent back in late April.

Thanks!

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#133942 - 08/26/10 12:43 PM Re: My Updated Vids [Re: GBuck426]
ijohn83 Offline
4x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 54/male/Palmdale, California U...
Your right steps need to move left, but I'll be dog gone that you are still able to get your right hip out of the way to get your ball nicely at your ankle at the release! I've spent over a year trying to get my ball that close. How is it done?

~ John

#133989 - 08/27/10 06:28 AM Re: My Updated Vids [Re: GBuck426]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Your swing is much improved, it is still a little muscled and it looks like you are pulling the ball forward at the end, I need a shot from the side to see for sure and check your timing. Keep up the good work and try to feel the zero gravity feeling at the top of the back swing and let the ball fall from the top of the back swing and not pull down on it.

#133994 - 08/27/10 09:58 AM Re: My Updated Vids [Re: GBuck426]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
I agree with CoachJim in that the swing looks much better, more free and more smooth all the way around. That muscle he points out is there, but its still less than what it was in your previous videos.

The other thing, and its hard to tell from behind, but I believe your upper body is tipping forward too much. You can tell that you are getting up on your toes in your slide and your slide chatters (starts and stops causing the hop) and both of these symptoms are caused by getting your shoulders to far forward past the feet/knees. Try to sit back a little more on the shot and see if it doesn't help.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#134016 - 08/27/10 04:53 PM Re: My Updated Vids [Re: GBuck426]
IBowlPaul1969 Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 41, M, Fort Wayne
Nice compact swing. Try dropping the ball into the swing a little sooner and just let the ball swing loose and free. You are just a touch late, so you have a small hop at the foul line, otherwise pretty darn good. It will feel a little rushed the first few shots once you are dropping into the swing at the right time, but once you get used to it your speed will go up a bit and you will feel way more solid at the line.
GOOD JOB, KEEP WORKING AT IT!!
Dexter SST shoes
Brunswick balls 15#

#134030 - 08/27/10 10:14 PM Re: My Updated Vids [Re: GBuck426]
Handful Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 32/male/St Pete, FL/ usa
your set up is just awesome. nice and relaxed, ball in the right position and a nice slope in your shoulders.

You do pop up at the end of your follow thru which suggest your pulling up on the shot. stay down with the shot and don't "lift with the fingers" you won't miss your mark left as often.

The other main issue is your start. Watch your first step, your right foot should land right in front of your left foot and the ball should pass your leg as this happens. Your right foot is too far right and your swing passes that leg as your taking your second step. This is making you have to sway your hips side to side as you walk.

Spend some time working on just your first step (you can do this drill at home and don't even need your ball in your hand) . Just do your normal set up and focus on;
1. making sure your first step is in front of your left foot, like you are walking on a tight rope.
2. As you start your first step starts, you should already be moving the ball into it's swing so as your first step lands, the ball (or your hand) is already next to your knee or just in front of it.
Slingshot

#134278 - 09/01/10 12:15 PM Re: My Updated Vids [Re: GBuck426]
GBuck426 Offline
League Bowler

Thanks for the replies and encouragement. A couple of things i need clarification on:

As far as the timing of the ball and the first step, should I start the ball in motion just before I get ready to take the step?

Handful,

Could my second step going to the left be the cause of my hips swaying?

Thanks,

Glenn

#134728 - 09/07/10 09:35 PM Re: My Updated Vids [Re: GBuck426]
GBuck426 Offline
League Bowler

I posted two vids focusing on my footwork. How does it look? It feels REAALLLY awkward now

#134763 - 09/08/10 05:51 AM Re: My Updated Vids [Re: GBuck426]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
I see tension in your arm that is slowing your swing down, this is causing your feet to be too slow. It's like bowling in slow motion. The ball should push slightly up and forward, then fall like as if you have a cinder block wall about 2' in front of you, and you only want the ball to go close to the wall then fall parallel down the face of it. If you look at your swing the ball goes straight down from the start of the ball, the lack of upward momentum at the start of the push away kills the swing speed. A faster swing speed will quicken your pace to the line back to where it should be.

#136853 - 10/06/10 09:46 AM Re: My Updated Vids [Re: GBuck426]
IBowlPaul1969 Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 41, M, Fort Wayne
Let the ball swing your arm, like a pendulum. When you try to muscle your ball through the swing, all the tiny errors will be maginfied. Just push the ball out and drop it into the swing.
Dexter SST shoes
Brunswick balls 15#

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
End of Days
by steveA - 10/16/19 06:00 PM
Resurface is always a thrilling topic
by BOSStull - 10/04/19 06:17 PM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by BOSStull - 09/22/19 11:01 AM
USBC Rule 12
by BOSStull - 09/22/19 10:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.