BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#133591 - 08/19/10 12:56 PM Local Plastic Ball Tournament
aoiten Offline
Legend

A/S/L: amerika ni sunde iru
Do plastic ball tournament exist for mortal players? Would it be popular? What would it take to arrange my own tournament?

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#133592 - 08/19/10 01:20 PM Re: Local Plastic Ball Tournament [Re: aoiten]
minormillikin Offline
Junior Coach

A/S/L: 32/M/Monterey
I haven't heard of one locally, but it sounds like good times to me.

I'd take it a step further: Plastic House Balls only! The first 5 minutes would consist of people scrambling around looking for the best house ball they can find.

#133598 - 08/19/10 02:49 PM Re: Local Plastic Ball Tournament [Re: aoiten]
B-Hammer Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 30/M/Bellingham WA
I think a house ball tourney would be fun and would do it, but I haven't spent thousands of dollars on a tournament arsenal.

Locally for softball we have a wood bat tournament that's pretty popular, kind of the same concept where everyone puts technology away for the weekend.

#133599 - 08/19/10 04:27 PM Re: Local Plastic Ball Tournament [Re: aoiten]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
I would never bowl in a house ball only tournament, unless I can get a blank house ball drilled for my span and pitches. It's not worth it to hurt my hand for something like that.

I would be interested in seeing some local bowlers doing a plastic ball tournament, but I doubt any would.

To arrange your own tournament, you would have to talk to the center to arrange a possible date and time(s), what you would have to pay for lineage and some other details. Before I would try find out what the interest would actually be by bowlers in your area to see if it would be worth trying.
HS:763

#133601 - 08/19/10 05:00 PM Re: Local Plastic Ball Tournament [Re: aoiten]
nichoasd Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 28/M/Mass
We have a local plastic ball tourney ever year. It gets a great turnout of many highly skilled players. They have an oil pattern figured out that they only use for the plastic tourney. Its a tournament everyone thinks they can win because of the perceived leveled playing field. In actuality it takes big scores to win, 270's and up are average for the top guys.
I wouldn't be interested in using house balls, nothing ever fits right.
Lane #1 Blood Diamond plastic ball
(all #15)

AVG: 193
HG:300
HS:747

#133602 - 08/19/10 06:17 PM Re: Local Plastic Ball Tournament [Re: aoiten]
aoiten Offline
Legend

A/S/L: amerika ni sunde iru
Would it be unfair or unpopular to give bonus pins to people using house balls?

If I started my own tournament and only a few people showed up, is it possible that I would owe more money than the entrants would cover?

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
2019 Summer Leagues
by Dennis Michael - 08/15/19 08:37 AM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by Dennis Michael - 08/13/19 07:06 PM
Last Online 10 days ago
by BOSStull - 08/10/19 10:03 AM
PBA 2 Game Formats and Roll-Offs (No Spoilers)
by champ - 07/22/19 05:30 PM
Tips to get back to a semi-roller release?
by djp1080 - 07/21/19 07:26 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.