BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#132691 - 08/04/10 01:35 AM storm invasion
fredboost Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 18/male/cali
does anyone have any reviews about the ball
if its a good ball or bad

thanks

HS:767

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#132905 - 08/07/10 04:36 AM Re: storm invasion [Re: fredboost]
ljocampo Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: Male Oxford, NY
Fred, I have one but I can't use it. The Invasion has great specs, and smells great :-) too!! It can pack a big punch at the pins. But if you don't have the oil or hand release with high enough rev rate to get it to do what it was designed to do, save your money and buy something that compliments your style and lane condition.

I had the Invasion drilled to be aggressive at the break point. That was a big mistake for me. I'm a low rev stroker with little to no hand. I play exclusively on wood lanes (THS) that are always medium to dry. This isn't the ball for it or me. I was hoping for "hook in the box," with the Invasion. The ball will hook nicely if you have the oil and lots of proper release and revs. If you have plenty of oil with no hand, it'll skid right pass the break point, if it does break, it hit with inconsistent pocket hits. If you are on a dry lane or even medium oil conditions, it will hook way early and go Brooklyn and even when you do hit the 1-3 pocket, it already burned out it's energy and won't carry the pins.

I wondered why no one had any Invasions where I bowl and this is why. If you have the house and the revs for it, it's as good as the Virtual Gravity but if you don't it's a dud.

#132937 - 08/08/10 01:07 AM Re: storm invasion [Re: ljocampo]
fredboost Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 18/male/cali
yeah that was happenin to me i was always over hookin but now i can controll it better becasue of light polish.

HS:767

#132964 - 08/08/10 04:57 PM Re: storm invasion [Re: fredboost]
ljocampo Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: Male Oxford, NY
I polished mine by hand. It made the pocket but still didn't carry well. I might try having it highly polished with a spinner just to see what it would do.

#133001 - 08/09/10 09:06 AM Re: storm invasion [Re: ljocampo]
VFF57 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 50's/M/NJ
I agree with ljocampo about the Invasion on a THS. If the lanes are too dry the ball burns-up. If you swing it out through the oil without enough revs the ball just skids through the breakpoint. I also tried it with different surfaces on PBA patterns. All it did for me was just skid probably once again because of my lower revs (~250). I also tried polish playing up the oil line on a THS with some success, but I left a ton of ten pins. At one point mine completely died because it became oil soaked, but I managed to bring it back to its old picky self by deoiling and sanding (see my Invasion Retreated thread). I'll experiment with mine again in the fall when there's more THS oil.

If you have about 350+ revs and can play a swing shot then this ball may be for you. If you're a ~down and in player with lower revs don't waste your money.

-------------------------
Motiv: Raptor P7
MoRich: Aggressive Motion
Storm: VG,Crossroad,NP
Hammer: Spike,Psycho,Raw Anger,
Cherry Vibe,Taboo Plastic/Spare,
Black Hammer
Columbia: White Dot

#133548 - 08/18/10 04:25 PM Re: storm invasion [Re: VFF57]
Domokun Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: male/DC Metro
I'll third on the use for THS, especially ljocampo's situation. Ball is best on long, flatter oiled sport shots, and I've had success on heavy inside/dry outs, but, yes, you do have to have some hand in the ball--however, I've never had good reaction playing fallback. Of course, if you're playing fallback, you've probably already stepped down a few ball grades. Once the Invasion is back in the bag, it stays there for the rest of the event.

Shorter pattern with a stripped backend? Worst scenario--ball hits a stripped backend like a kid at a McDonald's playground.

If any recall the Passion...yeah, I'd put this ball in that realm--not a crazy, googley eyed witch ball exactly, but like Passion, it's good for only a few circumstances. I'm trying to remember if the Passion was good for any, though.

Ebonite: Challenge, Exceed, Innovate
Storm/RG: Cell Pearl, Tropical Breeze

"Only NBC or CBS for me. New Ball Carry or Clean Ball Strikes. Channel 4 and 14 or nothing." -- D. Ryan

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Plugging balance holes
by BOSStull - 03/27/20 07:27 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 03/27/20 07:20 PM
2020 Nationals
by Doogie - 03/20/20 10:30 AM
This is a damned shame
by 82Boat69 - 03/17/20 07:48 PM
Belmo and the 2020 US Open
by BOSStull - 03/17/20 07:45 PM
COVID-10 and center closings
by BOSStull - 03/17/20 07:39 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.