BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 66 of 68 < 1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#133399 - 08/16/10 02:14 PM Re: What's your bowling pet peeve? [Re: beefers1]
Dre Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 23/male/Mississauga, Canada
All this talk about roller bags reminds me of another pet peeve...when people lay down their massive roller-tanks in awkward and inconsiderate spots on the bowlers concourse during league play.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#133403 - 08/16/10 03:07 PM Re: What's your bowling pet peeve? [Re: Dre]
beefers1 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 24/M/British Columbia
Now THAT is definitely very annoying. According to the PBA site, Dave D'Entremont had to withdraw from the 2008 US Open (he had made the finals the previous year) because he tripped over a bag and injured his leg.

#133404 - 08/16/10 03:26 PM Re: What's your bowling pet peeve? [Re: Dre]
Unclesalty Offline
Action Bowler

Originally Posted By: Dre
Even if you carry around 6 balls with you, I doubt hauling them from the parking lot to the bowling alley will mess up your back.

Dre, you are 23 man, not exactly an old timer. You're telling me if you had six balls you would CARRY them instead of roll them? Thats commitment brah, or insanity. ha

#133405 - 08/16/10 04:07 PM Re: What's your bowling pet peeve? [Re: Unclesalty]
Dre Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 23/male/Mississauga, Canada
hahaha...I see I have stirred up some controversy with the roller bags comment. Well, I don't plan ever bringing 6 balls to the bowling alley (unless I miraculously become a 230+ avg tournament guy) but I have a planned arsenal of 4 balls (college student budget makes it a long term planned arsenal lol...) And when I have completed it I will indeed carry them. Just one of those things...everyone has their quirks. Whether it makes me committed or insane (or committed into an insane asylum) The roller bags aren't for me.

But again...like I said...I realized long before I posted it here that I am in the minority regarding my stance on roller bags. So to each their own. It's MY bowling pet peeves, not everyone has to share em'

#133406 - 08/16/10 04:50 PM Re: What's your bowling pet peeve? [Re: Dre]
wklstoy Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 58/M/Camano Island, WA
The roller bags aren't for me.

Have some sympathy for us oldsters man. Wait until you have back problems. You'll be singing a different tune. wink

And I still carry my two-ball bag, but as soon as I can afford to ditch it for a roller bag, it's gone.

Current Avg: 199
Current Game: 266
Current Series: 669

LX16
Breakout
Hype
IQ
T-Zone

#133410 - 08/16/10 05:54 PM Re: What's your bowling pet peeve? [Re: Dre]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
I have a planned arsenal of 4 balls (college student budget makes it a long term planned arsenal lol...) And when I have completed it I will indeed carry them. Just one of those things...everyone has their quirks. Whether it makes me committed or insane (or committed into an insane asylum) The roller bags aren't for me.

I'm sure after a few months, or at the latest the end of the first season of doing so you will see how awkward it is trying to carry 4 bowling balls into a center. It's not always about taking it easy on the body but just making things easy. I have carried two 2 ball bags into the center and unless you have automatic doors it's not easy. Right now I only bowl in one center and have a locker. Only three bowling balls and they are in tote bags.

I do understand the issue with where people leave them sometimes. When I was using a roller bag, or any bag in general, I try to put them out of the way whether it's against a wall or under a table.
HS:763

#133411 - 08/16/10 06:04 PM Re: What's your bowling pet peeve? [Re: Dre]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
All this talk about roller bags reminds me of another pet peeve...when people lay down their massive roller-tanks in awkward and inconsiderate spots on the bowlers concourse during league play.

I happen to agree with this. People with the 3-ball bags that don't stand up, throw them all over the floor and they are dangerous. I actually tripped over one the week before Nationals, and broke a bone in my wrist.

And I bowl with a couple who do bring 2 of them into the house.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#133413 - 08/16/10 06:24 PM Re: What's your bowling pet peeve? [Re: Dennis Michael]
VFF57 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 50's/M/NJ
It can be tough navigating with equipment to your lane in a bigger center during a tournament. People standing not paying attention and abandoned bags all over the main aisle.

When my roller wears out I think I'll get myself a golf cart. I can load it up with all my balls and drive in to the center blowing the horn to clear the aisle... laugh
-------------------------
Motiv: Raptor P7
MoRich: Aggressive Motion
Storm: VG,Crossroad,NP
Hammer: Spike,Psycho,Raw Anger,
Cherry Vibe,Taboo Plastic/Spare,
Black Hammer
Columbia: White Dot

#133416 - 08/16/10 07:08 PM Re: What's your bowling pet peeve? [Re: VFF57]
Gemfire Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 48/F/Everett, WA
It's not just roller bags. My mom tripped over a single bag and broke her hip.

High Game - 298
High Series - 733

#133418 - 08/16/10 08:01 PM Re: What's your bowling pet peeve? [Re: Unclesalty]
lebowski120669 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 43/M/Kansas City
Originally Posted By: Unclesalty
Even if you carry around 6 balls with you, I doubt hauling them from the parking lot to the bowling alley will mess up your back.

Dre, you are 23 man, not exactly an old timer. You're telling me if you had six balls you would CARRY them instead of roll them? Thats commitment brah, or insanity. ha

F that! Even though I own 4 that I use regularly, I bring a maximum of 3 to the lanes (I have a 2 ball roller w. a joey) If it comes to the point that I need to bring more than 3 balls to bowl, I'm done.

Ball Speed 17-17.5mph
Revs 360-380

RG Critical Theroy 16 2K
RG Mutant Cell Pearl 16 2K Polished
RG Mars 16 4K Polished
RG Grand Illusion 16 150 Grit
Hammer Big Blue Spare 15
Dexter SST8 White/Black

Page 66 of 68 < 1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Fin09 - 12/14/18 11:31 AM
New Pro Shop Near My House
by Mkirchie - 11/26/18 05:05 PM
Trying to keep my throw straight
by spr3wr - 11/24/18 08:49 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all
by djp1080 - 11/22/18 10:49 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.