BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 64 of 68 < 1 2 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#133202 - 08/12/10 09:39 AM Re: What's your bowling pet peeve? [Re: Dennis Michael]
VFF57 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 50's/M/NJ
Dennis,

Isn't there also "stripper" fluid involved in the oiling process?
-------------------------
Motiv: Raptor P7
MoRich: Aggressive Motion
Storm: VG,Crossroad,NP
Hammer: Spike,Psycho,Raw Anger,
Cherry Vibe,Taboo Plastic/Spare,
Black Hammer
Columbia: White Dot

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#133223 - 08/12/10 05:31 PM Re: What's your bowling pet peeve? [Re: JackZ]
lebowski120669 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 43/M/Kansas City
Originally Posted By: JackZ
I'm okay with families, even with noisy kids. Don't stick me next to a good looking woman, cause my game'll go to sh*t.

This past winter, me and one of the guys on my team that I practice with were bowling next to this couple one day. We were pretty much the only people in the center. The phrase "you two should get a room" was an understatement. She would be in the opposite lane flashing him each time he was up at the line. Then right before she would throw would drop her pants just below her *$#! No joke! She knew we were watching too but obviously didn't care. Probably my lowest scoring session that winter. rotfl

Ball Speed 17-17.5mph
Revs 360-380

RG Critical Theroy 16 2K
RG Mutant Cell Pearl 16 2K Polished
RG Mars 16 4K Polished
RG Grand Illusion 16 150 Grit
Hammer Big Blue Spare 15
Dexter SST8 White/Black

#133234 - 08/12/10 07:03 PM Re: What's your bowling pet peeve? [Re: VFF57]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Originally Posted By: VFF57
Dennis,

Isn't there also "stripper" fluid involved in the oiling process?

VFF57, the issue was that someone mentioned a $6 per lane cost for the lane oil. All I did was to get a better feel for that cost. Sure, there is the stripper and the roller paper, but those costs are nominal.

The $1.33 per lane for oil was the highest cost oil, being the high viscosity, longer lasting type. I spoke with another house today and asked the same question of the head lane mechanic. His quick estimate was no more than $1.20-1.50 per lane. So, those costs are within reason.

This laneman also told me another thing. Since the lanes get less use in the Summer, it is common not to strip, but to put a light overlay of new oil. This is done on days where there are no leagues . And, this house has 4 of those days per week. The highest use of the lanes is Day Camp outings, which they have about 5 per week. And, the children could care less what condition the lanes are in.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#133239 - 08/12/10 08:44 PM Re: What's your bowling pet peeve? [Re: Dennis Michael]
VFF57 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 50's/M/NJ
Thanks Dennis...good information. That's not too bad of a price for a THS considering there's a ton of oil in the center.
-------------------------
Motiv: Raptor P7
MoRich: Aggressive Motion
Storm: VG,Crossroad,NP
Hammer: Spike,Psycho,Raw Anger,
Cherry Vibe,Taboo Plastic/Spare,
Black Hammer
Columbia: White Dot

#133256 - 08/13/10 09:03 AM Re: What's your bowling pet peeve? [Re: VFF57]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

Just thinking.... if the cost savings is only $1.33 per lane, I have seen bowlers walk off the lanes because they were really dry. I have been one of them.

Seems this is a short sided approach to save money during Summer when you may lose open bowling play.

Anyhow, Fall bowlers are coming back to the lanes to practice, and get limbered for league. Their return will trigger the return of oiling.

#133291 - 08/14/10 12:18 PM Re: What's your bowling pet peeve? [Re: Dennis Michael]
3ripmin Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 36/m/ca
i was told last night that it costs less than a dollar per lane. he said about 60 cents.

#133292 - 08/14/10 01:18 PM Re: What's your bowling pet peeve? [Re: 3ripmin]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

Originally Posted By: 3ripmin
i was told last night that it costs less than a dollar per lane. he said about 60 cents.

You could be closer then me for a THS. As the owner of my Center said, it all depends on the qty of oil purchased, when you buy, and the shot laid down. His guess was for our 44' of heavy viscosity oil. A normal house shot around here in other places is 37' of regular oil. Obviously, less expensive.

So, why do lanes short the oiling process through the Summer? The savings don't seem to be there. Especially, when bowlers won't bowl without oil?

#133293 - 08/14/10 01:39 PM Re: What's your bowling pet peeve? [Re: Dennis Michael]
Sarah Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 17/F/NJ
Okay so I usually have a lot of fun going to Cosmic Bowling with my teammates ($1.90 games because we're HS leaguers) but this is always at the lanes that are about 20-25 minutes away from me. Now, I have an AMF bowling alley right down the street from where I live but the prices are insane, and I only go there when I get a .99 cent/game for 10 games coupon. I received one yesterday, so I decided I should go and practice with my new ball. This was at 8 PM ... I go to the front desk and they didn't accept my coupon because of the freakin cosmic bowling!!!! cosmic bowling doesn't start at my usual alley until 10PM and when I walked in, I completely forget they offered it earlier at that particular alley but decided I should ask the counter guy anyway.. Nope, he was a complete meanie about, even though I presented my sad puppy eyes for a chance that he'd take the coupon from me, but instead he suggested that I should play ONE game with my boyfriend at the regular price for a grand total of $17!!!! (including shoe rentals for my man) HELLO! Are you crazy?

...We ended up seeing a movie instead grin

So I'm not sure what exactly my peeve here is, I guess I'm just venting lol. I guess it's going to the bowling alley expecting to get a good deal and get lots of practice, but being held back from doing so because of COSMIC BOWLING aaagghh.

HG: 233
Avg: 160

#133296 - 08/14/10 02:30 PM Re: What's your bowling pet peeve? [Re: Sarah]
Unclesalty Offline
Action Bowler

Originally Posted By: Sarah
he suggested that I should play ONE game with my boyfriend at the regular price for a grand total of $17!!!! (including shoe rentals for my man) HELLO! Are you crazy?

Paying outrageous prices is a legitimate pet peeve. Soooo, you open more email acounts to get more 99cent coupons and print them out in multiples. I was told to do this by the people that work at the alley. Also, if you have coupons for the alley thats far from you, you may be able to use them at the new place. You may need to talk to the right person not just the kid at the register.
Happy bowling!

#133302 - 08/14/10 03:05 PM Re: What's your bowling pet peeve? [Re: Unclesalty]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

Never understood why it cost more to turn the lights off.

We have cosmic tonight. $3.99 per game and $3.79 shoe rental. You're right. A movie and a burger could be cheaper.

Page 64 of 68 < 1 2 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Any interest in a winter virtual league?
by SteveH - Yesterday at 10:22 PM
Nothing worse than falling apart late in a game
by Jason_C - Yesterday at 10:04 PM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 09:15 PM
Which ball
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 06:18 PM
Entry Angle
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 12:09 PM
Honor scores 2017-18
by Fin09 - 11/17/17 07:27 PM
My low track
by Jason_C - 11/17/17 01:38 PM
Back-up Bowling
by djp1080 - 11/16/17 08:31 PM
Has this happenned to any one
by 82Boat69 - 11/14/17 01:24 PM
Two handed with pinky and ring
by Dylan585 - 11/13/17 02:48 PM
2017 U.S. Open
by Dylan585 - 11/12/17 05:48 PM
Storm Hy-Road Surface
by SteveH - 11/05/17 09:51 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2017 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.