BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#13237 - 07/03/05 08:49 AM Re: Converting spares
Craw Daddy Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 53/M/La
If you're going to use a plastic ball for spares, then you might want to think about a ball that is a couple pounds lighter. I threw 16 lb. for stikes and a 14lb (drilled up the same as the stike ball) for spares.

Flattening your wrist out for the spare can be a mental thing. It was for me. With the lighter ball, it helps me keep the wrist straight because I felt more in control of the shot. I also shortened my follow through which made the ball go straighter.

Keep in mind, what works best for one player, doesn't always work for the next. You'll need to adapt it to your style.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#13238 - 07/03/05 10:35 AM Re: Converting spares
kagekikr Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 34/M/Michigan
Craw Daddy,

I have actually seen using a lighter ball cause problems. I tend to think that a ball drilled the same AND is the same weight is important in developing a consistant feel between the balls. If you want to throw the same, feel is important. Again, different strokes for different folks.
Elite Blue Alien
Brunswick Scorchin' Inferno
Brunswick Inferno
Brunswick Plastic "Spare" Ball

#13239 - 07/03/05 05:45 PM Re: Converting spares
TurboManGT Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 22/M/Detroit
Yeah I used to have a 13 pound spare ball. And I throw 16 pound normally. Well when I used the 13 pounder it affected my timing and feel of everything. It messed me up lol. That is my experience with it. However my dad has a 12 pound spare ball and throws 15 pounds normally. He has no problems at all with it.

#13240 - 07/05/05 07:19 PM Re: Converting spares
Ace38 Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 39/M
Thanks for all the reply...actually my spare ball is the same weight as my strike ball, anyway will take all advices given by all and try it out in the alley tonight...cheers !

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by jsigone - Yesterday at 01:03 PM
Mo Pinel "Striking Effectively In Today's Game"
by BOSStull - 10/14/18 06:16 AM
Buying new house shoes.
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:58 AM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.