BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#131646 - 07/12/10 10:39 PM CloudFlare CDN/threat blocking; post problems here
BowlingFans.com Offline

A/S/L: 35/m/Vermont
We're testing the new CloudFlare content delivery network which should help the site load pages faster. It also has an added threat blocking feature which stops malicious activity including: forum and comment spammers, email harvesting and more.

As the service is new, an extremely small amount of users might be incorrectly identified as a possible threat and challenged to complete a CAPTCHA form before being allowed to load the web site. These incorrectly identified users will be shown a challenge page with a CAPTCHA form which is used to verify whether or not the visitor is a human or a bot and it also is used to educate the visitor that his/her computer might be infected with a virus. However, no one will ever be prompted to download or install any software. All you will ever need to do is complete the CAPTCHA form on the challenge page...IF you should ever see it and chances are, you never will!

In the unlikely event you are shown this challenge page on BowlingFans.com, BowlingCommunity.com or BowlSearch.com or have any other issues with the new CloudFlare CDN please reply to this topic with any relevant info and your ISP.

To report persistent problems please go to ipchicken.com on the computer having issues and copy the Current IP Address and the Advanced info and then click this link to open a Private Message to me and paste the copied info into the Message box. I'll then be able to look deeper into this and possibly whitelist that system.

Known issues:
  • NEW: Some images with transparent backgrounds are loading incorrectly with black backgrounds. (Mar 07, 2012 12:28PM EDT (UTC-4))

Edited by Community Manager (03/07/12 12:29 PM)
Edit Reason: added known issues
Founder

Since your questions may also be of benefit to others please post them to the board.

Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon.com Wishlist

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#151433 - 05/13/11 12:48 PM Re: CloudFlare CDN/threat blocking; post problems here [Re: BowlingFans.com]
aoiten Offline
Legend

A/S/L: amerika ni sunde iru
I have a problem with the CAPTCHA prompt. It isn't new though. It seems as if the code times out, so even if it's simple and I enter it correctly, it's rejected. The number of times this happens suggests that it's more than a mistake. Not sure though.

#151434 - 05/13/11 12:57 PM Re: CloudFlare CDN/threat blocking; post problems here [Re: BowlingFans.com]
BowlingFans.com Offline

Please confirm that you are seeing the CAPTCHA prompt on CloudFare's challenge page (please see attachment) or are you seeing a CAPTCHA every time you make a post?

Attachments
chalpage.png

Founder

Since your questions may also be of benefit to others please post them to the board.

Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon.com Wishlist

#151437 - 05/13/11 01:40 PM Re: CloudFlare CDN/threat blocking; post problems here [Re: BowlingFans.com]
aoiten Offline
Legend

Originally Posted By: Webmaster
Please confirm that you are seeing the CAPTCHA prompt on CloudFare's challenge page (please see attachment) or are you seeing a CAPTCHA every time you make a post?

Oh, it's just the CAPTCHA for each post. The reason I think it times out is because when I have to enter a new code, it usually goes through.

Edited by aoiten (05/13/11 01:41 PM)

#151439 - 05/13/11 01:47 PM Re: CloudFlare CDN/threat blocking; post problems here [Re: BowlingFans.com]
BowlingFans.com Offline

aoiten, I had a feeling that was the case the way you said that. I'll look into why you're even getting it. You shouldn't be. Anyone with more than x posts shouldn't be prompted to complete the CAPTCHA with every post. If I recall correctly x = 10.
Founder

Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon.com Wishlist

#151456 - 05/13/11 09:55 PM Re: CloudFlare CDN/threat blocking; post problems here [Re: BowlingFans.com]
BowlingFans.com Offline

aoiten, I think I found and fixed the problem in your account. You shouldn't be challenged with every post. I'm very sorry you ran into that!
Founder

Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon.com Wishlist

#151459 - 05/13/11 10:48 PM Re: CloudFlare CDN/threat blocking; post problems here [Re: BowlingFans.com]
aoiten Offline
Legend

Originally Posted By: Webmaster
aoiten, I think I found and fixed the problem in your account. You shouldn't be challenged with every post. I'm very sorry you ran into that!

Well, it did give me an opportunity to correct some typos. ^_^ Thanks.

#151789 - 05/25/11 12:47 AM Re: CloudFlare CDN/threat blocking; post problems here [Re: BowlingFans.com]
BowlingFans.com Offline

I've heard from RichieV that several people popped in the chat because there was some 'server not responding' and other page loading problems on Tuesday. I'm very sorry if you encountered any of these problems.

I've been in contact with CloudFlare and I think they've found and fixed it by now. If you couldn't reach the site on Tuesday and you can now see this post then they really have. But it's a catch 22 as if they haven't, you won't be able to see this post...

I believe the problem is limited to only some people on the East coast. So if you speak with any friends that can't access the site could you please let me know about it and also where they are located and which ISP they use.

Thanks!
Founder

Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon.com Wishlist

#151802 - 05/25/11 01:01 PM Re: CloudFlare CDN/threat blocking; post problems here [Re: BowlingFans.com]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
I am having a problem accessing the site since Sunday or Monday. I can only access it on my Smart phone and have tried it on three different computer and two different browsers. Everytime I try the error that pops up says it timed out. I'm in the Baltimore, Maryland area and my ISP is Verizon FiOS.
HS:763

#151807 - 05/25/11 01:37 PM Re: CloudFlare CDN/threat blocking; post problems here [Re: BowlingFans.com]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
I'm now able to access the site from a computer.
HS:763

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
2019 Summer Leagues
by wronghander - Yesterday at 11:07 PM
Tips to get back to a semi-roller release?
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 12:48 AM
Last Online 10 days ago
by BOSStull - 07/13/19 10:08 AM
Bowling Ball Hall of Fame
by BOSStull - 07/13/19 10:03 AM
2019 USBC Open Championship's Las Vegas
by champ - 07/09/19 12:12 AM
So the 3-unit oil rule is dead.
by wronghander - 06/24/19 11:47 PM
tennis elbow
by TheDemolitionMan - 06/24/19 10:34 AM
Creative Bowling Solutions Power Finger Grips
by MNsportsfan - 06/24/19 09:20 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.