BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#131522 - 07/10/10 07:12 PM Some new video of me
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/Ohio
This was a real eye opener.I swear it feel like I am not bending my arm but there it is. Plus side in my opinion I am not leaning way out and my ball is closer to my foot. Sorry about the angles just wasnt a real good place to setup.

Snuck one in of Jordan as well dont tell him lol

He was working on killing some of his hook but it was making him fall off the shot.
Mutant Cell

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#131529 - 07/10/10 09:25 PM Re: Some new video of me [Re: Rocket]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

Here's some old video so I guess I can take heart in there is some improvement.
Mutant Cell

#131531 - 07/10/10 10:12 PM Re: Some new video of me [Re: Rocket]
VFF57 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 50's/M/NJ
Rocket, looks like your balance at the line has really improved from the older video.

I'll see if anyone else here agrees, but it looks like your holding back on your swing in one of the videos by not letting gravity dictate the height of your backswing. Your elbow was bent quite a bit in that one as you were going into the bottom of your swing. I also noticed your follow through strayed off to the side instead of towards the target in that same clip. Some clips looked better than others.
-------------------------
Motiv: Raptor P7
MoRich: Aggressive Motion
Storm: VG,Crossroad,NP
Hammer: Spike,Psycho,Raw Anger,
Cherry Vibe,Taboo Plastic/Spare,
Black Hammer
Columbia: White Dot

#131532 - 07/10/10 10:21 PM Re: Some new video of me [Re: VFF57]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

Thanks Vff, that is the same problem I noticed, no consistency some shots felt really great others just felt close. I was trying to focus on setting up my slide which I am really having trouble with and I think I may have been hurrying to get to it.

I set out to do some one and 2 step drills but changed my mind when we got there.

Oh yeah forgot, later on when my batteries died I remembered coach Jim telling me to get the ball closer to my body and that helped a lot. According to Jordan I was dropping my ball better into my swing (felt better) and I started getting my balance arm back out where it should be.

Edited by Rocket (07/10/10 10:25 PM)
Mutant Cell

#131533 - 07/10/10 11:09 PM Re: Some new video of me [Re: Rocket]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: m/ Michigan
I noticed the bent elbow as well. I am sometimes am guilty of that too. By keeping the arm straight you get much more leverage on your release and bettr ball reaction, and your follow through will be more fluid.

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#131540 - 07/11/10 09:46 AM Re: Some new video of me [Re: Tim Gerard]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

Yeah Tim and the funny thing is I thought I wasnt doing that anymore. This proves how valuable video is if you are not around a coach for awhile
Mutant Cell

#131559 - 07/11/10 04:46 PM Re: Some new video of me [Re: Rocket]
Tim Gerard Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: m/ Michigan
I have an appt. this week with my coach for that very reason. I am bending my elbow slightly, and my timing has been affected . So I have some work to do to fix that. Its funny how that stuff just "pops" in. You could be rolling along for weeks, bowling well, and then...wham, everything is out of whack. wink

Motiv Raptor
Motiv Sigma Tour
Motiv Octane
Motiv Sniper spare ball

#131574 - 07/11/10 08:09 PM Re: Some new video of me [Re: Rocket]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
You are much improved. You need to work on keeping your left arm out away from your body instead of letting it come back down and inside like in the first video.

Your elbow is bending in the back swing, this is cutting down the fluidity of the swing, focus on keeping the elbow straight from when the ball passes your right leg on the way back.

Keep up the good work.

Edited by CoachJim (07/11/10 08:10 PM)

#131576 - 07/11/10 08:19 PM Re: Some new video of me [Re: CoachJim]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

Thanks coach, I am not sure what the heck I am doing with that dang balance arm one time at finish it was on my left knee! Like I mentioned earlier I was trying to focus on sliding in full motion I think maybe hurrying to my power step I was trying to cut my swing short.

Looking at my old video I still had some elbow bend but not that ugly.

But I am determined. I was looking at Jordans lines at the top of his back swing at that is what I am shooting for other then the broken wrist.
Mutant Cell

#131579 - 07/11/10 08:55 PM Re: Some new video of me [Re: Rocket]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
You need to focus and concentrate your practice on one specific thing and stay on it until you are able to repeat it every time. It takes a long while to change things like the elbow and the left arm, but it is worth it in the long run. Be vigilant in your practice and focus on just one thing and stay on it until you are able to do it. If you need help of have any questions feel free to pm me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Duplicating the reaction of an obsolete ball
by BowlerBill - 7 minutes 57 seconds ago
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by wronghander - 08/07/18 08:45 PM
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by Vic44 - 08/04/18 10:41 PM
Short Pin to Axis Layouts for Full Rollers?
by nord - 07/28/18 04:27 PM
Axis Weight Layout for Full Roller?
by Mkirchie - 07/28/18 07:45 AM
PBA Moving From ESPN to Fox
by Gutterballqueen313 - 07/25/18 01:50 PM
End of Days
by Gutterballqueen313 - 07/25/18 01:41 PM
Summer House Tourney
by Dennis Michael - 07/24/18 08:26 AM
Help with grip/ Thumb Position
by 82Boat69 - 07/15/18 08:11 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.