BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#128839 - 05/27/10 02:39 PM Roto Grip Grenade Review *****
Jmartin27407 Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 30/M/Orlando FL
Bowler Specs
Rev Rate: 500 rpm
Ball Speed: 19 mph
Axis Tilt: Med
Axis Rot: Low

Layout: 40x4.5x30 (pin above middle - cg 1" right of center)
Weight Hole: none
Surface: Box

I have highly been looking forward to the the release of the Roto Grip Grenade. With the shorter patterns that we see in some tournaments this is going to be a ball that sees a lot of action.

It has been a while since I threw urethane so I just used one of my favorite layouts on this ball. I tested this ball on the Broadway Kegel pattern which is 37 feet in length. Normally on this pattern I have a hard time playing straight due to how quick the ball comes of the end of the pattern and it forces me to play farther left use wider angles through the fronts. With the Grenade I was able to play right around 5 and the ball rolled off the end of the pattern instead of jumping. The hitting power of the Grenade is absolutely awesome and unlike some urethane I have seen thrown it never died in the midlanes.

One of my favorite parts about this ball is the moves I made as the lane broke down. Normally I move 3 and 1's or 5 and 2's which widens my angles through the front and puts me in jail eventually. With the Grenade I was able to make parallel moves (1 and 1) and never lost my reaction. I felt like I could throw this ball all day and still have a look.

All in all the Roto Grip Grenade is a remarkable ball for anyone bowling on shorter patterns and for high rev players or slower ball speeds it is a absolute must buy! Great release Roto Grip!!!
Titusville FL

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#132453 - 07/30/10 01:45 PM Re: Roto Grip Grenade Review [Re: Jmartin27407]
revsalot Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 18/male/broken arrow/ok
specs
revs 475
speed 18
pap 5"
i agree with everything you said mine is a 5by5 drilling.
being a high rev bowler myself i found a home with this ball and other urethane. also if this is the same jimmy martin i wathced your video and i got a grenade right away thankyou for the videos

#136826 - 10/05/10 10:16 PM Re: Roto Grip Grenade Review [Re: Jmartin27407]
B-Hammer Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 30/M/Bellingham WA
I saw the videos, saw Rhino Page and Ryan Ciminelli shredding the rack with it on TV, loved the line they were able to play, so figured I'd give one a try.

To this point I haven't had the conditions or the skill to really make it work. I can get to the pocket but just can't carry. It does work great as a spare ball for now, and I suspect it'll work better on burnt out summer lane conditions.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Ultimate Adjustable Thumb
by EdW - Today at 05:53 AM
This is a damned shame
by 82Boat69 - Yesterday at 10:05 PM
Plugging balance holes
by BOSStull - Yesterday at 04:35 PM
COVID-10 and center closings
by BOSStull - 06/27/20 09:00 PM
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by Mkirchie - 06/24/20 02:10 PM
Quitting my League
by mmalsed - 06/22/20 12:42 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 06/20/20 05:06 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.