BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#128889 - 05/28/10 06:37 AM Re: Please help.. [Re: Atochabsh]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/Ohio
here is a bit of advice from someone who is still trying to fix his own game that finally sunk in even though I was told and read several hundred times, and is helping me a lot.

Pick one thing you want to fix the most, swing, timing ,balance whatever and work on that and only that until it is automatic unlike me achieve it once or twice in practice and move on.

Also when working on it dont worry about where your ball goes and what your score is thats why its called practice (for me was most difficult part) you will know by feel if it is right.

For me I am working on straight free swing which by fixing it other things are fixing themselves like balance and release point.

Once I have achieved that, which is taking a lot longer than I imagined. I am moving on to my release and wrist position. So for now I am not worrying about revs, hooking 38 boards, stringing strikes or being the best practice bowler in the house. And you know what? I am enjoying practice more and my game is getting better because of it.

Keep up the good work, thumbsup

Mutant Cell

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#128923 - 05/28/10 02:37 PM Re: Please help.. [Re: Rocket]
Rob183 Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 34/m/Miami, Fl
Thanks for everyone helping me... I think I got a grasp of my problem.. I think at times I do over extend at times so I rush the swing when I do this.. So should my elbow be over my right foot on my second step of a five step delivery or should the ball be over the foot... I just finished watching Del Ballard explain that your elbow should be over your foot and in the Chris Barnes video on you tube it looks to me that it is the ball over the foot... So which should be over the foot?

#128925 - 05/28/10 03:09 PM Re: Please help.. [Re: Rob183]
Time-To-Roll Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: female, Port Angeles Wa. right...
Hey Rob, I just discovered tip # 7 on the Brunswick Del Ballard
videos.This is the one that looks easy to do but takes practice.This is IMO the key to a straight swing.Get the ball over the ball path. Dumb right leg out of the way.
As Dell says, have fun bowlin.

#128941 - 05/29/10 01:03 AM Re: Please help.. [Re: Rob183]
evilash71 Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 40/M/ TX
To get my timing right my coach just had me put the ball literally up against my right hip and start from there. All of a sudden things started slipping into place. Worth a try.
#14 MUTANT CELL PEARL
#14 ROTO DARK STAR
#14 ROTO RISING STAR
#14 ROTO OUTLAW
#14 ROTO GRENADE
#14 T ZONE SPAREBALL
#14 Storm Frantic

#129415 - 06/05/10 11:09 AM Re: Please help.. [Re: Atochabsh]
shadowcat Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 42/f/around
You might also want to straighten your back when you're at the foul line as you release the ball. More like you're about to sit on a chair. This way, it will help you lessen your leaning forward too much. At least that's what my coach says. Just wanted to share...

Edited by mpb1610 (06/05/10 11:11 AM)
#14 Storm Invasion
#14 Track 718A
#14 Rotogrip Nomad Dagger
#14 Storm Tropical Heat red/blue
#14 Ebonite Maxim (spare ball)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Plugging balance holes
by djp1080 - 01/06/20 10:55 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.