BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#128087 - 05/18/10 05:49 PM It's Me again (vids)
GunsTariq Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 25/M/Gwynn Oak, MD
Have at it Ladies and Gentleman:

Like it or not, bad strikes keep continues strings.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#128119 - 05/18/10 10:50 PM Re: It's Me again (vids) [Re: GunsTariq]
trekguy Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 56/M/Mn
Strong and smooth... I'm jealous. thumbsup

Your most solid shots with the best hand are when your knee bend is good. If I had to give you something to work on...when you stiff-leg a bit, balance suffers and the ball flies off of your hand a little, and reaction is not quite as strong. Other than that, very nice... wouldn't change a thing.
Motiv Venom Shock
Motiv Arctic Sniper
Motiv Tank

#128148 - 05/19/10 02:15 AM Re: It's Me again (vids) [Re: trekguy]
ijohn83 Offline
4x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 54/male/Palmdale, California U...
You sure get your right hip out of the way nicely. Any tips?

~ John

#128150 - 05/19/10 03:54 AM Re: It's Me again (vids) [Re: ijohn83]
Unclesalty Offline
Action Bowler

your timing looks pretty great to me. you may have a few issues here and there but it looks so smooth and effortless.
Wish mine came so easily.
Nicely done

#128155 - 05/19/10 06:57 AM Re: It's Me again (vids) [Re: Unclesalty]
10PinGaloot Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 65/m/ Woodburn, OR
Very smooth release. I have a feeling you're not letting the ball drop due to gravity after the pushaway. If you did, you'd have more power in the shot. Timing would have to be adjusted.

I agree with the others that your delivery is really good.
"I love the smell of lane conditioner in the morning!"
current avatar is Gabby Hayes. Looks a lot like me! smile

#128160 - 05/19/10 08:58 AM Re: It's Me again (vids) [Re: 10PinGaloot]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
One thing I noticed was on the light hits, you know, like the 5 pin. It seemed that you drifted a little right, and your release tried to compensate.

This seemed to be an abnormal error, as it didn't happen often. Weird how the brain recognizes something off, and tries to correct it in the middle of the approach.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#128185 - 05/19/10 12:32 PM Re: It's Me again (vids) [Re: Dennis Michael]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
The one thing I would work on in your game is that your third step (right before the power step) is weak. Your third step should be your longest step (second step in a 4 step approach) as its getting your body prepared to coil and explode into the slide. Right now your third step is so short that it is actually compacting your body, eliminating a lot of the power that you could generate if it was longer.

If you want to attempt to change it, here is a drill I was taught by Mike Machuga:

1 - Do an approach and stop after the third step and see where you foot is at on the approach, you could use the video and approximate as well.

2 - Put your wallet (or similar) on the ground about double the length of your third step. So if you think you cover a foot in between your second and third steps, move the wallet another foot past where your third step is landing now.

3 - The object is to get over the wallet. The longer you can create that step, the better you will be at getting your body into a powerful position in the power step. As you get better at that distance you can try to push it even more, continue this as many times as you can until the step becomes erratic and then back it off.

Here is a video of Rhino Page, notice how long his second step (he is using 4 steps instead of 5) is. This gets his body into a very strong and powerful position as he comes into his power step. This allows him to coil and easily transfer as much power as possible from his body to the bowling ball.

IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#128192 - 05/19/10 02:21 PM Re: It's Me again (vids) [Re: sk8shorty01]
TAR31 Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 24/M/NC
i was just watching rhino vs Ciminelli throwing the natural at teh viper championship 09 on youtube. Rhino looks so powerful
High Series- 649
THS AVG- 203.87

Black Widow Sting
Evil Siege
Profit
Freeze
Mutant Cell
Uranium Buzzsaw
T-Zone(Spare)

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Belmo and the 2020 US Open
by champ - 02/25/20 02:22 PM
This is a damned shame
by champ - 02/24/20 06:12 PM
What to do?
by Mkirchie - 02/01/20 07:45 AM
Plugging balance holes
by Dennis Michael - 01/29/20 01:20 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.