BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#126759 - 05/01/10 03:46 PM Jordan and I qualified for State Adult youth tourn
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/Ohio
Took Jordan to his league today and the league secretary asked if I had my equipment with me, when I asked why he said he signed Jordan and I up for the adult youth qualifier and it was today right after league!

Luckily I had my Mutant in the car because Jordan and I was going to work on some stuff before his Top gun tourney tomorrow (35 min drive back to my house).

Any way Jordan did most the work with a 225-225-228 to my 174-199-182 when we finished they secretary came over and told us congrats we qualified.

Now we will be making a trip to Bryan Ohio for the tourney. Oh yeah Jordan did tell me thanks for having handicap lol.
Mutant Cell

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#126768 - 05/01/10 06:23 PM Re: Jordan and I qualified for State Adult youth tourn [Re: Rocket]
Domokun Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: male/DC Metro
Whoo hoo! Way to go, guys!

Ebonite: Challenge, Exceed, Innovate
Storm/RG: Cell Pearl, Tropical Breeze

"Only NBC or CBS for me. New Ball Carry or Clean Ball Strikes. Channel 4 and 14 or nothing." -- D. Ryan

#126783 - 05/01/10 11:36 PM Re: Jordan and I qualified for State Adult youth tourn [Re: Rocket]
MikeHL Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 34/M/da U.P. of Michigan, eh
Nice job, guys! Rocket, good thing you had the Mutant in the car. thumbsup
-- Mika Koivuniemi

#126800 - 05/02/10 08:36 AM Re: Jordan and I qualified for State Adult youth tourn [Re: MikeHL]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

Yeah Mike, would have hated to have to used an alley ball. Unfortunately there wasnt a lot of oil to keep the Mutant happy could not string a lot of strikes but covered almost all my spares kept us alive.

Mutant Cell

#127257 - 05/08/10 03:26 PM Re: Jordan and I qualified for State Adult youth tourn [Re: Rocket]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

We just got the call from the state tourney director, we will be bowling June 12-13. Must have not been many participants in our district they said we had the highest series in the district and you can see above I did not bowl well.

Unless all of the other parents were scratch bowlers?
Mutant Cell

#127260 - 05/08/10 05:34 PM Re: Jordan and I qualified for State Adult youth tourn [Re: Rocket]
Reconbbs Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 21/Male/York Pennsylvania
There's a chance.....Depends what kind of bowlers you have in your area. I stay away from any tournaments that are handicapped based. The tournament I'm going to fortunately is both scratch and handicap. Granted I'm a scratch bowler.

Hammer Black Widow Bite
DV8 Misfit
DV8 Reckless
Visionary AMB Centaur

High Game-300x2
High Series-836

Fall League Averages
Tuesday 234
Thursday 225

#127264 - 05/08/10 08:00 PM Re: Jordan and I qualified for State Adult youth tourn [Re: Reconbbs]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

Thats what I am figuring the house we qualified in is one of the most competitive in this area.

The team that was on the pair we bowled on was a girl with a 131 avg and her father with a 218 avg.

The father bowled right around his avg the girl had one low game of 115 I think then 140's for the others I must pulled enough handicap to push us past them since Jordan is scratch as well.
Mutant Cell

#127272 - 05/08/10 10:39 PM Re: Jordan and I qualified for State Adult youth tourn [Re: Rocket]
ewn51 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 62/m/ohio
thumbsupGreat going guys, and good luck.
Prodigy 14# (Thanks Storm & Congratulations on the #1 Finish at the Battle of the Brands!)
Attitude Shift 14#
Hyroad 14#
Tropical Heat Silver/Black 14#
Fast 14#
Ice Storm 14#

#127290 - 05/09/10 08:24 AM Re: Jordan and I qualified for State Adult youth tourn [Re: ewn51]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

thanks Ewn, I am taking dad to practice today, he still has a tendency to lean out at the line so I told him I want to do some one step drills with him.

I have to whip him into shape before next month lol.

Rocket Jr.

P.s He let me pick out our shirt colors for the tourney so I told him pink with white lettering and logo's hoping when the other teams see our shirts they will underestimate us and give us a little advantage.

I told dad wouldn't it be funny if we placed high enough to get our picture taken then all his friends would get to see how pretty he is lol
Mutant Cell

#127292 - 05/09/10 09:34 AM Re: Jordan and I qualified for State Adult youth tourn [Re: Rocket]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Rocket and Jordan, when I won the House sweeper last week, I can honestly say that I never looked at the score during any of the 7 games bowled. In fact, I was surprised by the margin of victory in some of my matches.

Since, it was handicap, I knew the differential I had as an advantage or the pins I had to make up if I gave pins. Through the game, I was able to keep mental track of marks to see where I was. An opponent's double put me 10 down. An open gave me 10. And, that's all I did.

I focused on my next ball and that only. That is really all you can control.

Best of luck.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
This is a damned shame
by djp1080 - 10/17/20 08:32 PM
Undercover Boss Bowlero
by BOSStull - 10/12/20 07:16 PM
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 10:12 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:39 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 09/26/20 09:32 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.