BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#126591 - 04/28/10 07:23 PM Non-Bowling Arm (Balance arm) Questions
ijohn83 Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 51/male/Palmdale, California U...
I am seeking a little further information on the non-bowling arm. I've read Slowinskiís article (http://bowlingknowledge.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=206&Itemid=62 ) that CoachJim posted the other day. I know that the "idea" is to have the elbow forward with the forearm & hand relaxed hanging down, thumb down. When I practice that it feels very weird. My arm wants to be straight in front of me and has the urge to yank back (pull the trigger) too soon; Maybe from being a baseball pitcher? Will this proper way become more natural? When I keep the elbow forward I am deadly accurate & don't pull my shots even though it doesn't feel right. When should it pull back? What is the natural timing of the pull back? I think itís definitely an area for me to work on.

~ John

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#126613 - 04/29/10 08:50 AM Re: Non-Bowling Arm (Balance arm) Questions [Re: ijohn83]
Handful Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 32/male/St Pete, FL/ usa
Originally Posted By: ijohn83
When I practice that it feels very weird. My arm wants to be straight in front of me and has the urge to yank back (pull the trigger) too soon; Maybe from being a baseball pitcher? Will this proper way become more natural?

When you pull the arm back seem to be more of a preference. Watch videos of Chris Barnes and Robert Smith. They pull the balance arm (pull the trigger as you said) before the ball even begins it's downswing, Where Mike Wolfe almost lets it glide to the side exactly in time with the downswing. Keep working with it and soon you will find when YOU want the balance arm to go to the side.
Slingshot

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Summer Leagues 2014 thread
by Richie V. - 0 seconds ago
What the PBA needs to do to still exist
by sk8shorty01 - 47 minutes 37 seconds ago
Summer league in Madison, WI
by Ten Pins Suck! - Today at 11:20 AM
Heading back to a great bowling area
by VampyreBowler - Today at 09:34 AM
VITO Update
by Joe Bowler - Today at 06:04 AM
Fall/Winter 2013-14 Leagues thread
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 10:43 PM
Problem hitting my target/mark.
by W9JAB - Yesterday at 05:56 PM
2014 USBC Open Championships
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 02:02 PM
Winter 2014 virtual league post-mortem thread
by Rocket Jr - Yesterday at 12:17 PM
Large or small leagues?
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 07:37 AM
How to match a ball to the player's style?
by nord - Yesterday at 05:34 AM
2013-2014 Honor Scores
by NaSTI - 04/22/14 07:37 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2014 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.