BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#124737 - 04/06/10 11:40 PM Ebonite Mission - Ball Review + Video Ball Review
LeftyBallReviews Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: NorthEast
The Mission from Ebonite has been a pleasure to get to take for a test drive.

Layout:

70 degrees by 2 ĺĒ by 45 degrees. Placed an X-hole down and in off my VAL to make sure I didnít flare over it. This ball had a pretty insane amount of flare.

The first thing I noticed about the Mission drilled this way is that it has a very strong mid-lane, really wants to get into a roll but still manages to save a lot for the back. Most other balls for me that see the mid-lane this way sacrifice more on the back.

On a 40 ft. typical house shot (THS), the Mission with Out Of Box (OOB) surface just wanted to pick up a little earlier then what I liked to see. That just forced me to get in pretty deep to ensure it got through the front part of the lane. However that is what I expected out of this High-performance piece, I didnít really want it specifically for a THS, but more for higher volume shots and some sport shots.

With that being said, I think if you have a lower rev rate or have a very high ball speed you would enjoy the ball with the OOB surface.

In an attempt to get a better and more controllable look on the THS, I added Factory Finish polish to the OOB surface and this is where the ball started to shine-pun intended. Adding the polish enabled me to close down my angles and get it through the front part of the lane a lot easier. This also added more backend motion and power at the pins. I was really impressed with the minor tweak to the cover what it enabled me to do.

With the Mission polished it works wonderfully on a fresh THS for me, and would probably be very useful on some heavier volume house shots.

Overall I really liked what I saw with the Mission. I was pretty impressed with how aggressive it was OOB, yet still retained a strong backend motion. Adding the polish was the magic ingredient for the THS for my game. I really think this ball will be very versatile for me and be able to handle a lot of different oil patterns. I canít wait to get onto some longer or higher volume patterns, take the shine back off and see the Mission open up the lane for me.

Please check out the video ball review I compiled by following this link.

Feel free to subscribe as I will be doing more reviews Ė and if you want to see something specific leave me a comment or suggestion!

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#124836 - 04/07/10 10:49 PM Re: Ebonite Mission - Ball Review + Video Ball Review [Re: LeftyBallReviews]
Taylor S. Offline
Regional Pro Contender

A/S/L: 19/M/ Williamsport, PA
biggest hook ive ever seen from a lefty :P

Ball looks really nice!
15# C System 3.5
16# Yankee Doodle Spare Ball. "Captain America"
15# Storm IQ Pearl
High game 300
high series 726
Average: 203

#124905 - 04/08/10 12:15 PM Re: Ebonite Mission - Ball Review + Video Ball Review [Re: Taylor S.]
LeftyBallReviews Offline
Bumper Bowler

Thanks, I am enjoying the ball a lot!!

#125239 - 04/11/10 08:09 PM Re: Ebonite Mission - Ball Review + Video Ball Review [Re: LeftyBallReviews]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/Ohio
Trying to finish Jordans arsenal for next year, so far it Maxim, fast,furious, and either Mutant or Mission and man your video makes the choice harder.

I love my Mutant and watched a youth bowler in Jordans league bowl a 699 series with one a week ago not mention all the high scores I have seen in my league so I know it is a good ball. But that mission looks pretty impressive and Jordan seems to perform well with Ebonite stuff he is using a redrilled slash right now for practice just to get used to the move in weight and he is right on avg.
Mutant Cell

#125428 - 04/13/10 11:46 AM Re: Ebonite Mission - Ball Review + Video Ball Review [Re: Rocket]
LeftyBallReviews Offline
Bumper Bowler

Yea the Mission is a crazy good ball. Give it a try!

#125896 - 04/18/10 02:35 AM Re: Ebonite Mission - Ball Review + Video Ball Review [Re: LeftyBallReviews]
leftykev Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: Spokane, WA
Wow! It's been many years since I've since a lefty play a true inside shot....20 at the arrows, out to 7 or 8 at the break point? Good match up with drilling, surface and your revs/speed.

With that drilling, the ball stated to shine after you added polish. On PBA/sport patterns, you should have a great look with OOTBF. With that much room, you could use that drilling on all 5 PBA patterns.

#125915 - 04/18/10 04:58 PM Re: Ebonite Mission - Ball Review + Video Ball Review [Re: leftykev]
Smooth Lefty Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 17 M USA
Very nice indeed! Makes my choice easier. I am a lefty as well, and this is sure going to my arsenal! Thanks for the post, and nice bowling!! Also, I am a low rev playerm so I think this ball would do me good.

Storm Virtual Gravity Nano #15
Storm Virtual Gravity Nano Pearl #15
Storm Sync #15
Hammer Vibe 15#
Roto Grip Cell Pearl 15#
Roto Grip Mutant Cell 15#
Brunswick C(System) 3.5 15#
Brunswick C(System) 4.5 15#
Hammer Axe Spare Ball 15#

#125988 - 04/19/10 04:41 PM Re: Ebonite Mission - Ball Review + Video Ball Review [Re: Smooth Lefty]
LeftyBallReviews Offline
Bumper Bowler

Thanks for the Kudos.

I cannot wait till my PBA exp league starts and I get to really see it tame some animals!

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Plugging balance holes
by BOSStull - 03/27/20 07:27 PM
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 03/27/20 07:20 PM
2020 Nationals
by Doogie - 03/20/20 10:30 AM
This is a damned shame
by 82Boat69 - 03/17/20 07:48 PM
Belmo and the 2020 US Open
by BOSStull - 03/17/20 07:45 PM
COVID-10 and center closings
by BOSStull - 03/17/20 07:39 PM
Unimportant Wood Lane Advice
by 82Boat69 - 03/01/20 02:06 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 02/29/20 01:54 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.