BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#123384 - 03/24/10 02:08 AM need to change my style need help
whiz Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 25/M/OK
My current style

Hello everybody I'm needing a Lil advice help. Currently I can see that I have late timing and I walk around my arm swing. I want to straighten up my swing slot and to finish with better timing. Any tips? Ive been trying to work on it myself but revert straight back to my normal wrap around stride.... Although I finally got some new shoes that have me a lot more stability in the approach even though they took away just about all my slide smirk. I want to focus on my approach and release technique before I start buying anymore equipment (I needed the shoes)

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#123385 - 03/24/10 02:11 AM Re: need to change my style need help [Re: whiz]
whiz Offline
League Bowler

One more vid

This is a vid when I very first got my new shoes and was adjusting to the decrease in slide that I had to deal with. Tried to see rev rate too vid got blurry...

#123408 - 03/24/10 06:23 AM Re: need to change my style need help [Re: whiz]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
You are not keeping the ball in line with your head and the target. You are pulling the ball back this is causing the ball to be in line with your left shoulder and swing out away from your ankle at the release. You want the ball to be tight to your ankle this is important because that is where your accuracy and leverage come from.

Your timing is a touch late this causes you to have to use the shoulders to swing the ball instead of just letting gravity do the work for you. I like your wrist motion I think if you do that while not trying to force the swing you will be on your way to where you want to be.

Try posting another shot from the side in normal speed and slow motion again without twisting the camera this time. It was hard to see how you are starting the ball with the camera swinging around like that.

#123421 - 03/24/10 09:29 AM Re: need to change my style need help [Re: CoachJim]
whiz Offline
League Bowler

Okay I bowl again tomorrow I will get somebody that wont play with the camera to help me shoot this time.

Its funny because when I first started out my swing slot was straight(I have a video) and my armswing was just over my head instead of under it, I do not know how I developed the behind the back arm swing. It doesnt even "feel" like its going behind my back either but now that I have camera and tripod I can see thats what I'm doing....

I'm going to keep following up in this thread I'm dedicated to fixing my game and moving past my 175-185 average area...

#123714 - 03/27/10 10:39 AM Re: need to change my style need help [Re: whiz]
trekguy Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 56/M/Mn
Agree on the nice wrist and hand... very strong and late, good roll and power. That however, is part of your swing problem. To get the ball out to the right where it needs to be to get to the pocket, your brain is naturally making the adjustment to your body to get it done. Good, in a way, it shows you have a natural, built-in ability to make shots. Bad, in a way, because you can develop less-than-ideal technique that can hurt your game overall. Your best swing, for all lane conditions, and for maximum accuracy and leverage, is a nice straight line to your target. My suggestion would be to practice with a lesser reactive ball... a plain urethane, or even plastic. That will tighten up your line a lot, and naturally keep your swing in line better. Play a down and in line to the pocket, and repeat often enough so that the straight swing feels "normal". Use video to monitor. Once you have your swing straightened out, bring out the reactive, and adjust your line appropriately. Continue to practice with the urethane/plastic to keep from falling back into the inside-out swing... because it will happen. You have a ton of potential!
Motiv Venom Shock
Motiv Arctic Sniper
Motiv Tank

#124136 - 03/31/10 05:38 AM Re: need to change my style need help [Re: trekguy]
whiz Offline
League Bowler

Okay I've been practicing and I have my feet in almost a straight tight rope line on the approach a good 75% of the time (I sometimes revert back to walking around the swing). Somehow my swing is still going behind my back tho, even tho im walking a straight line. I'll upload a video sometime soon....

@trekguy. Im going to buy a natural (urethane) next ball I get. What you suggested makes sense

just me switching up and walking straight tho I bowled a 287 and a 297 back to back yesterday!!!! My highest game before was a 279

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
I'll try again
by BOSStull - 42 minutes 14 seconds ago
what will become of AMF
by BOSStull - Today at 09:41 AM
no one on for 5 days
by steveA - Yesterday at 04:31 PM
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by 6_ball_man - 06/17/18 06:08 AM
For the good of the sport?
by BOSStull - 06/16/18 06:39 PM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by wronghander - 05/27/18 05:03 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.