BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#123822 - 03/28/10 06:18 PM Two Handed Bowling New Video
MarkGregSputnik Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: New England

That's one of the few clips that were recorded. It's a strike, but still critique my form.
Balls used: 15 lb Storm Virtual Energy and 11 lb Ebonite Maxim Captain Midnight smile

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#123828 - 03/28/10 06:52 PM Re: Two Handed Bowling New Video [Re: MarkGregSputnik]
Vini Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/Al
I don't know much about 2 hands delivery but I like your synchronization

#123856 - 03/28/10 10:00 PM Re: Two Handed Bowling New Video [Re: Vini]
looseleftie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 45 m
Looks good mate... Only thing I see from a lot of two handers is there left leg almost being dead straight at release...I find I am more stable at release with a bent knee, especially if you plant.. you can also if u like put more revs and speed on ball through improving balance...

Watch Belmo, whilst he does have a smallish slide, his knee is bent a litte more, also saves the back from extra contorting to get down low... This could be a big thing in years to come throwing two handed.. I have been doing it for 15 months, love it, for so many reasons..
But my only concern with this style is how your body holds up, now and long term... I guess I view the two handed bowling as a risk assesmment kinda thing... Reduced my speed for a two hander, yet have better balance, and most importantly less strain on body, just find it is easier to repeat shots,and the biggest thing, is my release since going two handed, I feel so much more consistant, my average thankfully has reflected this, and I'm still new to this technique....

One last thing, just an idea, your approach speed, could you slow down a bit, may help balance, and improve accuracy, which will improve on your already respectable and improving average..

Then again you only 17yr and I'm 40, in good nick though lol... Still, hopefuly you can get some other two handers out there contributing to your post....

Heading in the right direction Mark..

#125472 - 04/13/10 03:50 PM Re: Two Handed Bowling New Video [Re: looseleftie]
Bolnbob Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 21/M/Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. USA
It's looking really good. I would say try not to use your back so much, looks like you're torquing your back through to get more on the ball. I know I do the same and I'm working on trying to use my arms to roll the ball more. While I'd say it doesn't look like you're putting A LOT of pressure on your back, that would be just something to think about.

Being a two hander myself I have to say from my side that it seems to be less pressure on the body overall. Since I started throwing two handed pain in my groin, knee, forearm and bicep all went away. Apparently I throw two handed way better than one handed haha.

If you get the chance during practice, other angles and slow motion shots would help in the future. Good luck, keep it up.

Storm VG Nano(Polished)
Storm Marvel Pearl
Storm Victory Road
Storm 2Furious
Storm Trop. Heat Blk/Slv
Storm Trop. Breeze Blk/Teal

http://justanothertwohander.blogspot.com/

#126261 - 04/24/10 06:43 AM Re: Two Handed Bowling New Video [Re: Bolnbob]
Jay R. Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 21/M/Tacoma, WA
I've been playing with the idea of using the 2-handed delivery. My biggest problems that are obvious to me are lower speed and not being able to hit my mark. I can't feed the ball right very well most of the time.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Friends made a dumb bet
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:50 PM
Difference between shammy & microfiber towel
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:49 PM
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - 11/19/19 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.