BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1261 - 03/11/06 08:19 AM Re: Newbies & Lurkers...
Nuppers Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 14/m/ny
you guys are crazy

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#1262 - 04/29/06 09:08 AM Re: Newbies & Lurkers...
RonLaf Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 55/M/Tennessee
Hey guys and gals. I felt that practice was a great thing to do..... however, league nights (fresh oil) versus non-league practice (dry lanes, stripped for re-oiling later that night) are definitely DIFFERENT.

OK... I use a ball that hooks pretty strongly on oily lanes. The only times I can practice other than the few minutes of warmups we get on league nights, are those dry lane-type times. You just about dislocate your shoulder and elbow trying to keep that viscious-hooker on the dry lanes! Even my straight ball that I shoot spares with hooks on dry lanes. What practice you get under these circumstances is definitely not conducive to good bowling behavior or reaction on league nights.

I bowled practice games with that spare ball, with fantastic scores. Anyone else have these problems?

By the way, static guard helps find the missing socks, which always seem to wind up inside a shirt or pants leg....... LOL

#1263 - 05/02/06 09:15 PM Re: Newbies & Lurkers...
Stone8_nightmare Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 22, Bowling Alley Way
RonLaf, I know exactly what you are talking about. Personally, I have to change my line when I practice on the dry. It's not totally a waste because I might need to use that line somewhere down the line in a tournament, or even league. I also used my spare ball for strikes on these conditions, but I found that I was burning a track in the ball, so I avoid doing that now.

The other alternative is to just purposely miss getting strikes in order to practice picking up spares.

Storm X-Factor Duece
Storm Eraser Blaze
Ebonite Maxim
Ebonite V2 Clean
Ebonite Apex Adrenaline

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
End of Days
by steveA - 10/16/19 06:00 PM
Resurface is always a thrilling topic
by BOSStull - 10/04/19 06:17 PM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by BOSStull - 09/22/19 11:01 AM
USBC Rule 12
by BOSStull - 09/22/19 10:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.