BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#120270 - 03/01/10 03:00 AM Re: Best reacting, easy to control Mid/hi level ball [Re: MJ79]
desertdog71 Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 38/M/Independence, KS
Knowing your PAP is just a tool that helps the driller lay the ball out for what the bowler wants. Pin placement relative to your PAP and then drill angle relative to VAL and Pin to PAP. It can get complicated. Basically the way you lay the ball out will determine how it reacts further down the lane.

I have different layouts that do different things. My benchmark ball (Red Zone) transitions slowly and doesn't flare a whole lot so its great on many conditions. My Attitude II transitions quickly and flares a ton which is great when the lanes dry out, or the backends are weak. My Power Groove is layed out basically the same as my Red Zone but its a particle cover with a weak core so its great on carrydown or when you have an over/under reaction.

What does all that mean? Well that is why you have to pay the premium price for the expert in the Pro Shop, their knowledge has a price on it, and if you want access to their knowledge you have to pay for it.

Even the pro's have ball reps that match up equipment to the lane conditions. If you watch the shows when they are practicing you will see guys standing behind them. Those are the ball reps helping them match the equipment to the conditions.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#120272 - 03/01/10 03:18 AM Re: Best reacting, easy to control Mid/hi level ball [Re: desertdog71]
MJ79 Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 30/M/MN
Originally Posted By: desertdog71
Knowing your PAP is just a tool that helps the driller lay the ball out for what the bowler wants. Pin placement relative to your PAP and then drill angle relative to VAL and Pin to PAP. It can get complicated. Basically the way you lay the ball out will determine how it reacts further down the lane.

I have different layouts that do different things. My benchmark ball (Red Zone) transitions slowly and doesn't flare a whole lot so its great on many conditions. My Attitude II transitions quickly and flares a ton which is great when the lanes dry out, or the backends are weak. My Power Groove is layed out basically the same as my Red Zone but its a particle cover with a weak core so its great on carrydown or when you have an over/under reaction.

What does all that mean? Well that is why you have to pay the premium price for the expert in the Pro Shop, their knowledge has a price on it, and if you want access to their knowledge you have to pay for it.

Even the pro's have ball reps that match up equipment to the lane conditions. If you watch the shows when they are practicing you will see guys standing behind them. Those are the ball reps helping them match the equipment to the conditions.

Wow.. Gonna have to re read everything you guys wrote.. But Its all great, Makes me just want to bowl actually lol.. My biggest worry is getting something thats cheaper that wont perform like i want it to , that why im just so Debated on wether to go with a ball with a little more hooking /arc potential .. Ive been reading the Rattler is also very good for the price.. Any experience?

#120273 - 03/01/10 03:27 AM Re: Best reacting, easy to control Mid/hi level ball [Re: MJ79]
desertdog71 Offline

Its a little stronger than the Python. Not as ugly either. laugh

#120275 - 03/01/10 03:30 AM Re: Best reacting, easy to control Mid/hi level ball [Re: desertdog71]
MJ79 Offline
Bracket Donor

Its a little stronger than the Python. Not as ugly either. laugh

Lol I hear that smile

I suppose I should have said this eariler, But I do need something thats a little stronger and arcs more than the Freeze , Because I DID throw that and it just spun out, kept going and always hit low .. Few different variables in there, But Im gonna need a bit more than the freeze

Edited by MJ79 (03/01/10 03:30 AM)

#120276 - 03/01/10 03:34 AM Re: Best reacting, easy to control Mid/hi level ball [Re: MJ79]
desertdog71 Offline

#120277 - 03/01/10 03:39 AM Re: Best reacting, easy to control Mid/hi level ball [Re: desertdog71]
MJ79 Offline
Bracket Donor

So is just looking at the number of the RG differential ( flare ) a good way to determine how much a ball reacts or curves? Or are there more variables to that too

#120278 - 03/01/10 04:07 AM Re: Best reacting, easy to control Mid/hi level ball [Re: MJ79]
desertdog71 Offline

Way more variables. RG just means is the core center heavy or cover heavy. Basically a Higher Rg will be more flippy than angular. I like lower RG balls myself.

As for Brunswick snake balls. The python hooks the least, then rattler, copperhead, and diamondback hooks the most. The rattler is more angular than the others.

The Reign is pretty strong, I bowl with a guy that has one and reacts about the same as his Cell Pearl.

Columbia Total Bedlam is a beast of a ball and seems to not need a ton of oil.

Motiv I have not been impressed with.

Nobody throws Hammer or Track around here so no comment on those.

Roto has some good balls, The Cell line has a lot of Fans.

Ebonite The One seems to be a good ball that people around here like.

The choices are endless, and everybody has their favorites.

The Freeze is a fairly tame ball, but it still hooks, so if it didn't move for you, you may lean towards something stronger than I was originally thinking.

#120279 - 03/01/10 04:16 AM Re: Best reacting, easy to control Mid/hi level ball [Re: desertdog71]
MJ79 Offline
Bracket Donor

Way more variables. RG just means is the core center heavy or cover heavy. Basically a Higher Rg will be more flippy than angular. I like lower RG balls myself.

As for Brunswick snake balls. The python hooks the least, then rattler, copperhead, and diamondback hooks the most. The rattler is more angular than the others.

The Reign is pretty strong, I bowl with a guy that has one and reacts about the same as his Cell Pearl.

Columbia Total Bedlam is a beast of a ball and seems to not need a ton of oil.

Motiv I have not been impressed with.

Nobody throws Hammer or Track around here so no comment on those.

Roto has some good balls, The Cell line has a lot of Fans.

Ebonite The One seems to be a good ball that people around here like.

The choices are endless, and everybody has their favorites.

The Freeze is a fairly tame ball, but it still hooks, so if it didn't move for you, you may lean towards something stronger than I was originally thinking.

Ok im out for tonight , im starting to get a headache lol.. Im gonna make some calls tomorrow and narrow this all down and see what I like the best.. Im sure Ill be on tomorrow night with more questions if your on, but for the most part I think I Finally have a grasp of what I need and what Would work good .. Its just that mix of finding something that will be at least a good 2 game ball and thats gonna arc well.. Thanks again, and hopefully ill chat at you tomorrow !

#120355 - 03/01/10 03:37 PM Re: Best reacting, easy to control Mid/hi level ball [Re: MJ79]
MJ79 Offline
Bracket Donor

well I think its down to the Rattler, the Reign of fire and the BW venom or nasty.. Cant wait til tomorrow to finially get this over with lol

#120414 - 03/01/10 09:05 PM Re: Best reacting, easy to control Mid/hi level ball [Re: desertdog71]
MJ79 Offline
Bracket Donor

at about 10 seconds or so into this video when hes showing off the ball I noticed another hole drilled in the ball , what is this for?

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Mkirchie - Yesterday at 12:15 PM
Mo Pinel "Striking Effectively In Today's Game"
by BOSStull - Yesterday at 06:16 AM
Buying new house shoes.
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:58 AM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.