BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#120181 - 02/28/10 09:14 PM Best reacting, easy to control Mid/hi level ball
MJ79 Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 30/M/MN
I dont want to jump on anyones threads anymore, so im just gonna go out on my own.. Last ball i had was a danger zone black ice and an AMF XS, yea lol, its been a while//

Well In reading through these threads Im beginning to think I dont need as aggressive of a ball as I might have earlier.. Due to making threads like this ( below ) where I was looking at 3.5s missions, evil sieges, jigsaw hammers etc

http://www.bowlingcommunity.com/b/ubbthr...html#Post119986

But now Im thinking I might just want to get a cheaper mid level ball save some $$ for now, And use this new ball to use as a comparison, instead of a 12 + yr old ball.. Who knows maybe a mid level is all I need.?

But for the mid levels ive been checking out the Hammer black widow venom, wild thing, Bedlem, reign, reign of fire, Hyroad etc..

What do you guys think im pretty stumped right now

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#120203 - 02/28/10 10:33 PM Re: Best reacting, easy to control Mid/hi level ball [Re: MJ79]
evilash71 Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 40/M/ TX
Hyroad if you want a storm. What is your style of play? If you like playing more of an outside shot I would say the Nomad or Reign of Fire, but you may need to polish up the Reign of Fire.
Nomad is a good bench mark ball, Im talking the Nomad solid.

If you want something a bit lower priced, but a steal of a ball. The COlumbia300 freeze is a great ball. Extremely easy to handle. Great core, and coverstock. Amazing bang for your buck.
#14 MUTANT CELL PEARL
#14 ROTO DARK STAR
#14 ROTO RISING STAR
#14 ROTO OUTLAW
#14 ROTO GRENADE
#14 T ZONE SPAREBALL
#14 Storm Frantic

#120214 - 02/28/10 11:24 PM Re: Best reacting, easy to control Mid/hi level ball [Re: evilash71]
MJ79 Offline
Bracket Donor

Originally Posted By: evilash71
Hyroad if you want a storm. What is your style of play? If you like playing more of an outside shot I would say the Nomad or Reign of Fire, but you may need to polish up the Reign of Fire.
Nomad is a good bench mark ball, Im talking the Nomad solid.

If you want something a bit lower priced, but a steal of a ball. The COlumbia300 freeze is a great ball. Extremely easy to handle. Great core, and coverstock. Amazing bang for your buck.

Man I keep hearing ppl rave about the freeze.. everywhere !!1

I have a ball speed of 16-16.5, around 330-340 rev , usually stand around the 25 board and throw out to the 12 or so.. Mostly our lanes just have a standard house pattern, 35' i believe .. So what are you guys saying would happen if i got a wild thing, or a 3.5 in comparison to the cheaper ones? I know its really based on oil , and If I had to go to my back up ball ( which is going to be my black ice re polished ) for the 3rd game that would be fine.. I just want something for heavy oil for the first 2 games.. I already have a weaker ball ( the black ice ) so thats the only reason i was looking for something with a heavier arc

#120217 - 02/28/10 11:33 PM Re: Best reacting, easy to control Mid/hi level ball [Re: MJ79]
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
If your mainly bowling on a house shot, a mid level ball is more than enough. If you want a ball that can work on most shots you see, a Hyroad will be a great ball. I've heard it's the best benchmark ball out now. I've heard the Freeze is a good bang for the buck ball. I've never thrown one. The Reign of Fire is a great ball, but it's a strong ball. Not a ball you will use every day unless you bowl on a flood. With your ball speed and rev rate, I would go with the Hyroad or the Nomad solid. Since you have a weaker ball I wouldn't get the Freeze. Go Hyroad and you can still get the Reign of Fire as a step up to a heavy oil ball.

IQ Tour Fusion
IQ Tour anniversary edition
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

#120220 - 02/28/10 11:36 PM Re: Best reacting, easy to control Mid/hi level ball [Re: Smooth Stroker]
desertdog71 Offline

A/S/L: 38/M/Independence, KS
My benchmark ball is the Red Zone. In talking to Brunswick they told me the best match now is the Python, so it may be worth looking into.

#120222 - 02/28/10 11:40 PM Re: Best reacting, easy to control Mid/hi level ball [Re: Smooth Stroker]
MJ79 Offline
Bracket Donor

Originally Posted By: Smooth Stroker
If your mainly bowling on a house shot, a mid level ball is more than enough. If you want a ball that can work on most shots you see, a Hyroad will be a great ball. I've heard it's the best benchmark ball out now. I've heard the Freeze is a good bang for the buck ball. I've never thrown one. The Reign of Fire is a great ball, but it's a strong ball. Not a ball you will use every day unless you bowl on a flood. With your ball speed and rev rate, I would go with the Hyroad or the Nomad solid. Since you have a weaker ball I wouldn't get the Freeze. Go Hyroad and you can still get the Reign of Fire as a step up to a heavy oil ball.

thanks alot man for the heads up .. SO the Strongest ones like the 3.5, invasion etc are for just heavy heavy oil? I dont know why I want the top of the line highest hooking ball out there I really dont, I really think its because I want to try something different lol

#120224 - 02/28/10 11:47 PM Re: Best reacting, easy to control Mid/hi level ball [Re: desertdog71]
MJ79 Offline
Bracket Donor

Originally Posted By: desertdog71
My benchmark ball is the Red Zone. In talking to Brunswick they told me the best match now is the Python, so it may be worth looking into.

Will do!, Gonna look for a spare ball as well.. Like a t zone or something im thinking, Not sure, just going off what i see in the sigs on this site lol

#120234 - 03/01/10 12:24 AM Re: Best reacting, easy to control Mid/hi level ball [Re: MJ79]
desertdog71 Offline

That hard urethane power groove I use is great for spares, it doesn't hook on anything. Label drilled neutral with that pin at 12 o clock.

#120239 - 03/01/10 12:34 AM Re: Best reacting, easy to control Mid/hi level ball [Re: desertdog71]
MJ79 Offline
Bracket Donor

this one? http://www.bowlersparadise.com/shop/balls/brunswick/brunswick_groove_urethane_dk_lt_blue.shtml

Ill be back to look for spare balls, Hopefully that goes quicker and easier lol

WEll Im going to order tomorrow and still have no idea what to get.. Im gonna have to just go with a mid level, then if its not enough , move up to something else But now you guys have givin me a few good options to look at, all I gotta do is pick.. For some reason the black widow venom and reign of fire are still in my head, as well as the Hyroad and the python.. ugh decisions...

#120240 - 03/01/10 12:35 AM Re: Best reacting, easy to control Mid/hi level ball [Re: MJ79]
desertdog71 Offline

Thats the one

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
no one on for 5 days
by 82Boat69 - 1 second ago
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by Dennis Michael - Today at 11:12 AM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by 6_ball_man - Yesterday at 08:42 AM
True Motion vs. Black Widow Urethane
by Mkirchie - 05/20/18 07:28 AM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by Dennis Michael - 05/12/18 06:43 PM
For the good of the sport?
by Dennis Michael - 04/29/18 10:29 PM
Superstitions?
by Dennis Michael - 04/26/18 06:09 PM
Better Polish
by BOSStull - 04/24/18 12:24 PM
I'm pizzed at my ball driller
by 82Boat69 - 04/24/18 09:55 AM
Some awful lane conditions
by 82Boat69 - 04/24/18 06:46 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.